CBO: Stimulus saved between 5 to 25 million jobs

Never proven the economy was in a deflationary spiral. What prices dropped besides homes (and that was a bubble burst) ?

Keep with the wallpaper there inky.

You look more stupid each time you post it (not that you could ever hope to explain it).

Stocks, home prices, gasoline, etc....

Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play?

Hahahahahahaha.....

Keep reading those DailyKos talking points.

They will get you some kind of award.

Stocks are delationary. So every time the market drops we are experiencind deflation.

Homes....a bubble.

Gasoline....never happened.

It is all a play....in your tiny little brain.

Never read the Daily Kos.

And yes, gas, stocks, and home prices plummeted.

You can lie all you want to, but that doesn't change the truth.

Because that was never the point of the stimulus and liberals know it. It was always meant to be a giveaway to Obamas special interests. That's why even if it did create 1.5 million jobs (which it did not), that works out to be half a million dollars per job. The stimulus wasn't meant to help the average worker.

The stimulus helped every American.

It saved us from another Great Depression.

I've already explained numerous times that was not the case. You gave up on trying to argue it and had no valid responses. Now you keep resurrecting the rhetoric. The Stimulus didn't save us from a depression, end of story.

That is the enjoyable part of this whole thread (and every other thread where the charts show up along with the three sentence unsupportable claims).

Explaining it isn't the issue. If you've ever heard that saying "Don't confuse me with the fact, my mind is made up....". Well, this is it.

So you can expect to keep seeing it.

After all, if your goal is to force fit your reality....well, you just can't let anything that is three dimensional stop you.

Because that was never the point of the stimulus and liberals know it. It was always meant to be a giveaway to Obamas special interests. That's why even if it did create 1.5 million jobs (which it did not), that works out to be half a million dollars per job. The stimulus wasn't meant to help the average worker.

I've already explained numerous times that was not the case. You gave up on trying to argue it and had no valid responses. Now you keep resurrecting the rhetoric. The Stimulus didn't save us from a depression, end of story.

Yes, it did.

Stocks, home prices, gasoline, etc....

Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play?

Hahahahahahaha.....

Stocks are delationary. So every time the market drops we are experiencind deflation.

Homes....a bubble.

Homes didn't plummet everywhere...just where the markets were overheated....

Gasoline is seasonal and moves around all the time.

Stocks mean nothing.

The stupid cash for clunkers program drove car prices up.

That is the enjoyable part of this whole thread (and every other thread where the charts show up along with the three sentence unsupportable claims).

Explaining it isn't the issue. If you've ever heard that saying "Don't confuse me with the fact, my mind is made up....". Well, this is it.

After all, if your goal is to force fit your reality....well, you just can't let anything that is three dimensional stop you.

the2bstimulus2band2bjobs.jpg

Hahahahahahaha.....

Homes....a bubble.

Stocks mean nothing.

Stocks mean nothing?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

the2bstimulus2band2bjobs.jpg

Most people know that an president would get crucified for such anemic job numbers.

Get a life.

The stimulus didn't do squat.

Liberals hate liberty.

President Obama: One and done.

Stocks mean nothing.

Stocks mean nothing?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I realize that is over your head.

When an economy is in a deflationary spiral, the government MUST be the demand of last resort.

And it worked.

gdp_recov.png

GDP over the nine quarters shown on that chart since the "Recovery Act begins" was over $32 trillion. The "goverment demand of last resort" was how much? $450 billion? $500 billion?

About 1.5%?

So we got a lot bang for the buck.

Glad you are finally getting it.

Yeah, we got 1.5% of GDP spread over 2 years. Which we need to pay back.

As soon as we repeal Obamacare, the growth in employment will allow the new president to reduce Obama's debt.

Yeah, we got 1.5% of GDP spread over 2 years. Which we need to pay back.

As soon as we repeal Obamacare, the growth in employment will allow the new president to reduce Obama's debt.

It's that we part that makes it so funny.

It's those filthy rich people they want to pay it back.

When an economy is in a deflationary spiral, the government MUST be the demand of last resort.

And it worked.

gdp_recov.png

GDP over the nine quarters shown on that chart since the "Recovery Act begins" was over $32 trillion. The "goverment demand of last resort" was how much? $450 billion? $500 billion?

About 1.5%?
When the recovery act was passed, all the economist were telling us that the recession would be a 4% loss of GDP, as it turn out it was twice that bad. The recovery act did exactly what it was design to do, recover from a rather mild recession. The problem of course was the recession was anything but mild.

Peak to trough was a touch over 5%.

President Barack Obama’s 2009 economic stimulus bill which was passed in Congress during the first month of his Administration and which received opposition from all but three Congressional Republicans has thus far resulted in the employment for 5 million or more Americans according to the Congressional Budget Office’s 2011 third quarter ARRA accounting report released on Tuesday.

“The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act” (ARRA) was passed and enacted in February of 2009 and contained approximately $800 billion in stimulus programs, tax cuts and tax incentives to help the economy, which at the time was losing almost one million jobs a month.

In the CBO report, “Estimated Impact of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act on Employment and Economic Output from July 2011 Through September 2011,” a breakdown by year shows that the ARRA created or saved from 5 million to 25.4 million jobs from March 2009 through September 2011, as follows:

2009:a low estimate of .9 million jobs to a high estimate of 3.6 million jobs
2010:a low estimate of 2.6 million jobs to a high estimate of 13.2 million jobs
2011:a low estimate of 1.5 million jobs to a high estimate of 8.6 million jobs

In addition, according to the CBO, the stimulus is expected to help create or save another .3million to 2 million jobs in the fourth quarter of 2011, another .8 million to 4.6 million jobs in 2012.

CBO states Obama economic stimulus created or saved 5 million or more jobs - National liberal | Examiner.com

This is the only time in my lifetime where I have ever seen anyone try to figure jobs saved it has always been jobs created or jobs lost. How anyone could assume that any job was saved is ridiculous, but then again this is the Obama administration and ridiculous is an understatement.

And it worked.

Never proven the economy was in a deflationary spiral. What prices dropped besides homes (and that was a bubble burst) ?

A basket of goods containing a mix of what the average consumer purchases. Of course, it didn't fall all that far because the Fed inflated it - and that's because Bernanke learned something studying 1930.

Yes, it did.

Perfect example of the way you argue. You resurrect the same sh** once you think no one is looking.

Forum List

Back