CBO: Stimulus saved between 5 to 25 million jobs

Never read the Daily Kos.

And yes, gas, stocks, and home prices plummeted.

You can lie all you want to, but that doesn't change the truth.

Homes didn't plummet everywhere...just where the markets were overheated....

Gasoline is seasonal and moves around all the time.

Stocks mean nothing.

The stupid cash for clunkers program drove car prices up.

Stocks mean nothing?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yes, according to Obama.

8000 to 11000 still isn't double.

April 2009 the Dow was at 6,400.

This year it went to 12,800.

That is double.

When Obama took office, it was above 8000.

8000 to 12000 is only a 50% increase.

So true.

And has been pointed out before, the market is still not where it was 10 years ago. So in effect, it has not done anything. It has just gotten close to what it was before. Like a compressed spring, it is going to return somewhat to where it was before....regardless. It has done so on several occasions recently.

Now, during the Reagan era (you know, all that debt), he tripled the sucker. Not bringing it back....but it went up three times higher than it had EVER been before.

Which spurred the economy and allowed Clinton to balance his budgets due to all that revenue....in spite of the tax cuts of a decade earlier.

Liberals hate liberty.

President Obama is a one-termer.

April 2009 the Dow was at 6,400.

This year it went to 12,800.

That is double.

So true.

And has been pointed out before, the market is still not where it was 10 years ago. So in effect, it has not done anything. It has just gotten close to what it was before. Like a compressed spring, it is going to return somewhat to where it was before....regardless. It has done so on several occasions recently.

Now, during the Reagan era (you know, all that debt), he tripled the sucker. Not bringing it back....but it went up three times higher than it had EVER been before.

Which spurred the economy and allowed Clinton to balance his budgets due to all that revenue....in spite of the tax cuts of a decade earlier.

Liberals hate liberty.

President Obama is a one-termer.
Clinton "tripled the sucker" in seven years, while it took Reagan/Bush 11!

How true !!!

So what has President Obama done ?

Not a freaking thing.

he's done a lot more than his predecessor. His predecessor inherited DOW 10,500+/- and left with DOW 7500+/-. He "reduce the sucker by 25%!"

Of course, I don't think the President is in charge of the DOW as you seem to.

How true !!!

Not a freaking thing.

he's done a lot more than his predecessor. His predecessor inherited DOW 10,500+/- and left with DOW 7500+/-. He "reduce the sucker by 25%!"

Go back and check the thread.

It is someone else who keeps holding up the Dow as a indication of the the success of the stimulus thus putting President Obama squarely in charge.

the2bstimulus2band2bjobs.jpg

gdp_recov.png

dow_jones_industrial_average_during_the_obama_administration.png

The Dow was at 6,400 when the simulus kicked in.

It reached 12,800 this year.

100% increase.

It dropped 20% after he took office? Impossible!
Where are the JOBS?

Yes,

President Obama is like the guy who threw his kid in deep water and let him almost drown just so he could rescue him and say he saved him. Then wondered why he was arrested for reckless endangerment instead of being hailed as a hero.

I'd like to hail our current PO(TU)S.

How true !!!

Not a freaking thing.

Just a minute! You libs DO NOT get to cite Wall Street's performance as it relates to Obama..No way!
For over two years your side has vilified Wall Street as evil and the root cause of the housing crunch. Now you think you can get away with using the DJIA as a measuring stick for Obama's advantage? Not in your best decade.
I will hammer this point until you lefty hacks get so tired of reading it, you'll puke.

How true !!!

Not a freaking thing.

Just a minute! You libs DO NOT get to cite Wall Street's performance as it relates to Obama..No way!
For over two years your side has vilified Wall Street as evil and the root cause of the housing crunch. Now you think you can get away with using the DJIA as a measuring stick for Obama's advantage? Not in your best decade.
Who are "my side" and who the fuck are you to speak for me? Wall Street financiers and the Dow Jones INDUSTRIAL average are two very different things. There are exactly two banks in the DJIA, and neither went under due to the financial crisis.

I will hammer this point until you lefty hacks get so tired of reading it, you'll puke.

Keep hammering! And keep demonstrating your ignorance.

Last edited:

Who are "my side" and who the fuck are you to speak for me? Wall Street financiers and the Dow Jones INDUSTRIAL average are two very different things. There are exactly two banks in the DJIA, and neither went under due to the financial crisis.

Liberal/progressives....YOUR side...
I gotcha good. You're so busted.
BTW if you really want me to embarrass the shit out of you by digging all the posts from lib/progressives on here that vilified Wall Street, go right ahead and keep it up.
Do not deny it. You and all your lefty friends are on the anti financial market bandwagon.
So let's cut out the bullshit, shall we.
Umm no....The DJIA is not separate from Wall Street "financiers"...
Who the fuck do you think sinks their money into those markets? Santa Claus?
BTW genius, the DJIA is not a broad market. It's simply the one that the media reports on because the index has the largest number. It's sexier.
The market index which measures the broader market is the NASDAQ.
The DJIA is simply the 30 largest industrial stocks. Then is also the "65 Stocks" , "20 Transportations" and "15 utilities" indexes.....NASDAQ has most of the tech stocks.
The S&P 500 is also another indicator.
All invested by "Wall Street financiers"...
One thing remains true. The stock markets have not been a true indicator of economic reality for quite some time.
But.....you lefties go on shooting off you cap guns....While talking out of both sides of your mouths.

Jp Morgan /Chase and Bof A had no problems?...Are you in a parallel universe?
B of A is still in the muck of the Countrywide Mortgage mess and still to this day cannot get out from under SEC scrutiny. That company is getting ready to let another 30,000 people go. The stock is down 57% in 2011?
JPM/Chase is in such bad shape it has lost nearly 22% of it's value....
You wanna try changing your bullshit story?
Ya know what? Never mind. I get the picture. You're another lib who is in an intelligence vacuum regarding the economy.
Here ya go dummy.....Dow 30 Companies - CNNMoney
Before you go spouting off, try doing a little research..
Oh..wait a minute...The Stock market is not Wall Street..it's those Wall Street financiers....
No...wait a minute.....It had to be Professor Plum in the library with the candlestick.

Jesus Christ.

Liberal/progressives....YOUR side...
I gotcha good. You're so busted.
Don't flatter yourself. You're not smart enough.

BTW if you really want me to embarrass the shit out of you by digging all the posts from lib/progressives on here that vilified Wall Street, go right ahead and keep it up.

I'm not "all progressives" anymore than you are all fascists.

Umm no....The DJIA is not separate from Wall Street "financiers"...

Yes, it is. It is made of companies that produce stuff as well as a couple financial services companies.

BTW genius, the DJIA is not a broad market. It's simply the one that the media reports on because the index has the largest number. It's sexier.

It's almost like I said that in my last post. YOu should try reading what I write before you respond.

The market index which measures the broader market is the NASDAQ.

Lol! No, it's not. The Wilshire is far broader than the tech-heavy NASDAQ

One thing remains true.

Indeed, it does. You remain an idiot.

Are you sure your screen name isn't thereisnosubstance?

Jp Morgan /Chase and Bof A had no problems?...Are you in a parallel universe?

Let's try reading comprehension on for size, shall we? Here's what I said:

"There are exactly two banks in the DJIA, and neither went under due to the financial crisis."

Now, please reads that before you spout off again. Notice what it says and, more importantly, what it doesn't say. Now compare that to what you replied. Feel stupid now? Good, you are.

You wanna try changing your bullshit story?
No, I want you to quit making shit up.

In competition with Rabbi, you might be the dumbest and most pompous poster on this board.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back