Captain Marvel ...

You know what is going to REALLY blow these people's minds? If they make Falcon the next Captain America... or when they replace Peter Parker with Miles Morales...
No, Falcon became Captain America in the comics. They would only care if they changed Sam’s gender for identity politics reasons.

ROCKED! One of Marvel's better origin story set in the retro '90s (which I wouldn't normally consider to be retro).

It opens a couple of plot holes in the Marvel Universe, but hey ... it still rocked.

I won't waste a dime on it. Sick of this effort to feminize everything replacing guys putting women in power roles not needing men in roles that were created for guys. If women want to be in a power role, fine, let them go out and create their own new, original ones for themselves; Captain Marvel was created to be a GUY. Disney, get an imagination and write original stuff, quit stealing from old characters written to be a guy, trying to REPLACE US.

It is quite revealing when people who obviously don’t know the background of this character whining about it being cast with a woman in the role of a female character. It is pretty hard not to see the intimidated little boys if not flat out closet cases losing their shit over the fact that this female character is being portrayed by a female. This character is been female for a long time. You little boys need to grow a couple and grow up and get over it. Now, if you want to get irate about something, you can look at how they made Thor into a female in the comic books. That is pretty much flat out pandering. The larger point that leftists have ruined classic characters by injecting their politics into them is only somewhat valid. The writers of the stories since the very beginning have often been pretty damn far left anyway. However, in their new iterations there are aspects of their characterization that reflect more ideology that is necessary. However in the case of captain Marvel being a woman, that’s just what the character is, so go cry to your mommy‘s and get over it.

... I was more a Fantastic Four, Batman, Superman person. You know, the good stuff.

All of which had female super heroes. Did they frighten you back then?

There has been a female Captain Marvel since 197-fucking-7. Hardly some threatening new development. Get the fuck over it.

I'm not the one making an issue out of it, you are. I never read The Fantastic Female, Supergirl or Batgirl. Maybe they were YOUR heroes, shit-picker? I'm pretty sure there were some few Supergirl comics, but was there ever any Batgirl comics? Or was that merely a creation of 1960s TV. Obviously you spent a LOT more time obsessing over comic books maybe to this day than I ever did. Whether or not they existed, we know it was mostly out of PC pressure and maybe a desire to draw and look at girl's bodies (all comic girls were well-endowed) and never sold very well. Collector value: 0.

I don’t think you ever read any of those comics.

I understand her message perfectly well. It's the same rhetoric that the left has been browbeating us white guys with for over a decade now. "You don't matter, step aside, shut up" Here's what she said about "A wrinkle in Time"

“[Audiences] are not allowed enough chances to read public discourse on these films by the people that the films were made for. I do not need a 40-year-old white dude to tell me what didn’t work for him about ‘[A] Wrinkle in Time.’ It wasn’t made for him. I want to know what it meant to women of color, to biracial women, to teen women of color, to teens that are biracial.”

I read and loved that book as a child having no idea that it was meant exclusively for biracial trans teens.

No... again that isn't what she said AT ALL, but who on this board would think that a self-proclaimed "hater" like yourself would read any other type of message out of it?

:abgg2q.jpg:

She is stating the obvious, that when most film critics are the decision-makers for the industry and they help decide what movies actually end up getting made, how much is spent for advertising for, and other aspects... not all movies are made to please that specific demographic, and the inclusion of a more diverse set of people that are influential in the business is needed to give everyone a voice. Like I said, you think empowering new groups of people means YOU lose power, when that isn't the case, at all.

Your personal politics influences the way you interpret her comments. That's why you're white knighting for a movie you haven't even seen. Believe it or not, not everyone has strong political leanings like you and I and just wants to watch a movie based on something they enjoyed as a child, and in the case of A Wrinkle in Time or the Ghostbusters reboot, ends up being browbeaten with a politically correct bastardization.

Captain Marvel is only the latest in a long list of geeky properties to be screwed with in this fashion and fans like me are getting sick of it and want to send a message. Maybe the movie itself contains no overt political message but maybe she should have kept her mouth shut on the press tour and we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

These people destroy everything they touch as they coopt it. None of them can create a Marcel Universe. Or start an IBM. Or found a Harvard. They thrive by calling inside institutions and eating them from within.

“We are subverting the genre...”
Brie Larson

If they were only intent on ruining nerdy movies, I might not even notice as I'm not a big movie buff.

The SJW crowd has also went after heavy metal music. They attack distribution labels for publishing content that offends their tender sensibilities, leaning on paypal and other online payment services to revoke their accounts and put them out of business. Concerts are cancelled after antifa phones in death threats and music streaming services are pressured to remove artists from their service.

Videogames have been a favorite target of theirs for a while. Big name developers are crapping out subpar sequels to long running franchises thanks in large part to their new "diverse" development teams (more women, more blue hair) who can't resist shoehorning a trendy political agenda into games about exploring dungeons, shooting aliens or kicking people in the face.

And when fans notice and complain about it, this is the reaction: "Aw what's wrong INCEL? Don't like women taking over your nerdy misogynistic hobbies? Aw, well maybe you should get out of mommy's basement and get a girlfriend LOL"

it's like they're trying to provoke conflict.

You sure like to take the smallest group of people and make it out like they are a norm... they aren't.
You mean like the SPLC does? Yeah....

Lets see we had a Jungle Monkey as a Comic book movie hero.

We have a SJW bitch as Captain Marvel.

They made Captain America a friggin globalists.

Might as well have a queer.

Moon Bats love going to see movies about queers. The movie should do well.

661E667B-CECA-4453-B409-72E645A56DAA_jpeg-871368.JPG

6E92FDDD-9B76-480F-981D-0C726043E784_jpeg-871370.JPG

"Jungle monkey"....says it all, doesn't it?

No... again that isn't what she said AT ALL, but who on this board would think that a self-proclaimed "hater" like yourself would read any other type of message out of it?

She is stating the obvious, that when most film critics are the decision-makers for the industry and they help decide what movies actually end up getting made, how much is spent for advertising for, and other aspects... not all movies are made to please that specific demographic, and the inclusion of a more diverse set of people that are influential in the business is needed to give everyone a voice. Like I said, you think empowering new groups of people means YOU lose power, when that isn't the case, at all.

Your personal politics influences the way you interpret her comments. That's why you're white knighting for a movie you haven't even seen. Believe it or not, not everyone has strong political leanings like you and I and just wants to watch a movie based on something they enjoyed as a child, and in the case of A Wrinkle in Time or the Ghostbusters reboot, ends up being browbeaten with a politically correct bastardization.

Captain Marvel is only the latest in a long list of geeky properties to be screwed with in this fashion and fans like me are getting sick of it and want to send a message. Maybe the movie itself contains no overt political message but maybe she should have kept her mouth shut on the press tour and we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

These people destroy everything they touch as they coopt it. None of them can create a Marcel Universe. Or start an IBM. Or found a Harvard. They thrive by calling inside institutions and eating them from within.

Brie Larson

If they were only intent on ruining nerdy movies, I might not even notice as I'm not a big movie buff.

The SJW crowd has also went after heavy metal music. They attack distribution labels for publishing content that offends their tender sensibilities, leaning on paypal and other online payment services to revoke their accounts and put them out of business. Concerts are cancelled after antifa phones in death threats and music streaming services are pressured to remove artists from their service.

Videogames have been a favorite target of theirs for a while. Big name developers are crapping out subpar sequels to long running franchises thanks in large part to their new "diverse" development teams (more women, more blue hair) who can't resist shoehorning a trendy political agenda into games about exploring dungeons, shooting aliens or kicking people in the face.

And when fans notice and complain about it, this is the reaction: "Aw what's wrong INCEL? Don't like women taking over your nerdy misogynistic hobbies? Aw, well maybe you should get out of mommy's basement and get a girlfriend LOL"

You sure like to take the smallest group of people and make it out like they are a norm... they aren't.

What's that even supposed to mean? Should we wait until thought policing, censorship and political indoctrination reaches critical mass before speaking out against it? By then it will be too late.

The censorship is evident. Look at the IMBD and Rotten Tomatoes efforts.
The ghostbusters ripoff is where it started a few years back. Thousands of Twitter and Facebook accounts were deleted when people criticized it.

And if the “world” is not ready they damn well better sit down and shut up...their comments will be deleted anyhow.

ROCKED! One of Marvel's better origin story set in the retro '90s (which I wouldn't normally consider to be retro).

It opens a couple of plot holes in the Marvel Universe, but hey ... it still rocked.

I won't waste a dime on it. Sick of this effort to feminize everything replacing guys putting women in power roles not needing men in roles that were created for guys. If women want to be in a power role, fine, let them go out and create their own new, original ones for themselves; Captain Marvel was created to be a GUY. Disney, get an imagination and write original stuff, quit stealing from old characters written to be a guy, trying to REPLACE US.

LMAO!! Created by a guy and the character was a woman how many times?

Changes nothing. See posts 165 and 173.

You jackasses are apparently so stupid that after 3000 dead on 9/11 by muslims, you still call anyone concerned about a repeat as being an Islamophobist.

You jackasses are apparently so stupid that even after 700,000 illegals invading your country every year lowering our labour wages, you call wanting to defend our borders including erecting a wall mere racism. Or Latinophobia.

And apparently you jackasses are so stupid that even as society criminalizes or makes politically incorrect normal male behavior and characteristics and OVERTLY replaces men with women in business, movies, everywhere as the popular choice, you morons have your shriveled dicks so far up your asses now wearing pink ties and fifteen female issue awareness months but not one for men, especially white guys, that you've been so feminized, you're out there as one of them campaigning for even more. o_O

It is quite revealing when people who obviously don’t know the background of this character whining about it being cast with a woman in the role of a female character. It is pretty hard not to see the intimidated little boys if not flat out closet cases losing their shit over the fact that this female character is being portrayed by a female. This character is been female for a long time. You little boys need to grow a couple and grow up and get over it. Now, if you want to get irate about something, you can look at how they made Thor into a female in the comic books. That is pretty much flat out pandering. The larger point that leftists have ruined classic characters by injecting their politics into them is only somewhat valid. The writers of the stories since the very beginning have often been pretty damn far left anyway. However, in their new iterations there are aspects of their characterization that reflect more ideology that is necessary. However in the case of captain Marvel being a woman, that’s just what the character is, so go cry to your mommy‘s and get over it.

... I was more a Fantastic Four, Batman, Superman person. You know, the good stuff.

All of which had female super heroes. Did they frighten you back then?

There has been a female Captain Marvel since 197-fucking-7. Hardly some threatening new development. Get the fuck over it.

I'm not the one making an issue out of it, you are. I never read The Fantastic Female, Supergirl or Batgirl. Maybe they were YOUR heroes, shit-picker? I'm pretty sure there were some few Supergirl comics, but was there ever any Batgirl comics? Or was that merely a creation of 1960s TV. Obviously you spent a LOT more time obsessing over comic books maybe to this day than I ever did. Whether or not they existed, we know it was mostly out of PC pressure and maybe a desire to draw and look at girl's bodies (all comic girls were well-endowed) and never sold very well. Collector value: 0.
all comic girls were well-endowed
so were most of the men.....

Brie Larson

What's that even supposed to mean? Should we wait until thought policing, censorship and political indoctrination reaches critical mass before speaking out against it? By then it will be too late.

It means it was done to be creative and inclusive A LONG TIME AGO... so your SJW bullshit isn't valid. You only think it is because you don't know the history. It's pretty simple.

You know what is going to REALLY blow these people's minds? If they make Falcon the next Captain America... or when they replace Peter Parker with Miles Morales...
No, Falcon became Captain America in the comics. They would only care if they changed Sam’s gender for identity politics reasons.

No they would flip out because at first they don't know the history and will do like they are doing in this thread over Carol Danvers... then when they find out the history that proves them wrong, they will slide into being mad because they chose him to be replaced by Falcon who is Black instead of the winter Soldier who has also played Cap.

do you have a link to this? My guess, you are probably talking about racist rock music, which ought to be banned.

And it's working, obviously.

Incidentally, just saw the movie... Nearly full theater, I was lucky to get a seat.

Brie Larson

You mean like the SPLC does? Yeah....

I don't see anyone here advocating for the SPLC... that's a Red Herring.

They already have one... Valkyrie is bi-sexual, and Deadpool is Pansexual.

LMAO!! Created by a guy and the character was a woman how many times?

You jackasses are apparently so stupid that after 3000 dead on 9/11 by muslims, you still call anyone concerned about a repeat as being an Islamophobist.

You jackasses are apparently so stupid that even after 700,000 illegals invading your country every year lowering our labour wages, you call wanting to defend our borders including erecting a wall mere racism. Or Latinophobia.

And apparently you jackasses are so stupid that even as society criminalizes or makes politically incorrect normal male behavior and characteristics and OVERTLY replaces men with women in business, movies, everywhere as the popular choice, you morons have your shriveled dicks so far up your asses now wearing pink ties and fifteen female issue awareness months but not one for men, especially white guys, that you've been so feminized, you're out there as one of them campaigning for even more. o_O
I don't hear you so concerned about RW and INCEL terrorist attacks here.

Well, since we haven't changed our dumb policies towards the middle east, we shouldn't be surprised, either. You do realize that 9/11 happened because we have stupid policies, right?

We are all for common sense immigration reform. If we have a problem with undocumented immigrants, it's because the system we have is broken, and a wall isn't going to fix that.

And apparently you jackasses are so stupid that even as society criminalizes or makes politically incorrect normal male behavior and characteristics and OVERTLY replaces men with women in business, movies, everywhere as the popular choice, you morons have your shriveled dicks so far up your asses now wearing pink ties and fifteen female issue awareness months but not one for men, especially white guys, that you've been so feminized, you're out there as one of them campaigning for even more.

Oh, noes, women in movies? And in business?

Get real. If there was a God (there isn't) I'd be on my knees every day thanking him I was born a white dude in this society.

I just saw the movie. If you guys are worried about your little InCel sensibilities being offended, don't worry, the Feminism is very subtle.

It was really just a typical Marvel Movie, paint by the numbers, of the hero learning to be a hero... Marvel has done this a dozen times before, mostly with white dudes, and you guys have no real problem with it.

Forum List

Back