Captain Marvel ...

Disney screwed up Star Wars with that despicable SJW bullshit. Looks like they are trying to screw up everything else.

Yes, because Star Wars was doing so awesome before Disney bought it.

upload_2019-3-9_6-49-41.jpeg

OH MY GOD, KEEP IT AWAY FROM THE CHILDREN!!!!

upload_2019-3-9_6-50-37.jpeg

Yeah people shouldn’t notice that this superhero is a woman. It’s perfectly normal and not important...quite natural and no reason to make an issue of it.

“I had a meeting with Marvel and what we discussed was they wanted to make a big feminist movie,"
Brie Larson.

“For Larson, a proud feminist, Captain Marvel presented the opportunity to advance the cause of female representation..,To that end, Captain Marvel staffed up with women behind the camera, including director Anna Boden (with Ryan Fleck), screenwriters Geneva Robertson-Dworet, Nicole Perlman, Anna Waterhouse, and Jac Schaeffer, costume designer Sanja “

“And Disney... has been happy to lean into its newest hero’s status as a feminist icon...Larson has been working with USC’s Annenberg Inclusion Initiative...”

"I, unapologetically, want this movie to do well financially because that will tell the world we can do this. We can have more women protagonists; we can have more women leading action films."
KS Deconnick

“We're subverting the genre in a lot of ways and breaking new ground and we're doing it in a way that feels really natural...On top of that, they said they wanted to make the biggest feminist movie of all time."
Brie Larson

CAD26BFA-2CAD-4E8A-87BA-68577996FB08.jpeg

Last edited:
And if you thought you might join in a discussion of this train wreck of a movie and give an honest review....remember the purpose of the movie and who owns the means of objecting.

7E87ACEB-BD95-47E2-A323-68F0C5F31E6A.jpeg
79DA8E47-8154-4F92-BFED-93E055BEA5FD.jpeg

Last edited:
A woman Captain Marvel?

SJW bullshit.

Fuck Disney.

In fact, there have been five Captain Marvels in the comics since 1967 ... three of them were women.

Who gives a shit? I am not a nerd like you that reads comic books .

It is amazing the shithead isn't a Black homo Muslim bitch.

Disney screwed up Star Wars with that despicable SJW bullshit. Looks like they are trying to screw up everything else.
It's a movie kid.

Get over it.
Yet here you are.
You betcha.

You got some kinda point there Zippy?

And if you thought you might join in a discussion of this train wreck of a movie and give an honest review....remember the purpose of the movie and who owns the means of objecting.

Here's the thing... the reason why Rotten Tomatoes had to change it was because the Toxic Masculinity crowd was posting bad reviews on a movie that they hadn't seen.

This was something they never should have been doing to start with. How can you know if a movie is going to be any good or not if you haven't seen it. I haven't seen this movie. I might see it today, haven't decided for sure yet. But I'm not going to posit an opinion on it based on whatever dumb thing the actress starring in it might have said.

We're subverting the genre in a lot of ways and breaking new ground and we're doing it in a way that feels really natural...On top of that, they said they wanted to make the biggest feminist movie of all time."
Brie Larson

Um, okay.... Not sure why a female superhero (superheroine) has you guys so upset.

I checked out of the MCU some time ago... I think after the Civil War movie because although I thought it was okay, I'm just not that invested in this universe where i have to watch all the movies to know what is going on.

A question for you comic book nerds.

Is "Captain" Marvel like a Navy Captain or an Army Captain?

I mean when she first got started was she Ensign Marvel or was she 2nd Lieutenant Marvel?

I gottsa know.

You don't even understand her message... and what she said has nothing to do with hating on old white men... it has to do with the need for a better representation of ALL people within the entertainment community.

See people like you look at her message as this zero-sum game where in order for others to get more representation in some segment of society means YOU, YOURSELF has to lose something in return for that to happen. That's not the case, and in fact as a society we ALL gain from more inclusion of other people.

That's what happens when you view everything through a lens of hate... You assume everyone else uses the same world-view as you do because you are too small-minded to understand otherwise.

I understand her message perfectly well. It's the same rhetoric that the left has been browbeating us white guys with for over a decade now. "You don't matter, step aside, shut up" Here's what she said about "A wrinkle in Time"

“[Audiences] are not allowed enough chances to read public discourse on these films by the people that the films were made for. I do not need a 40-year-old white dude to tell me what didn’t work for him about ‘[A] Wrinkle in Time.’ It wasn’t made for him. I want to know what it meant to women of color, to biracial women, to teen women of color, to teens that are biracial.”

I read and loved that book as a child having no idea that it was meant exclusively for biracial trans teens.

No... again that isn't what she said AT ALL, but who on this board would think that a self-proclaimed "hater" like yourself would read any other type of message out of it?

:abgg2q.jpg:

She is stating the obvious, that when most film critics are the decision-makers for the industry and they help decide what movies actually end up getting made, how much is spent for advertising for, and other aspects... not all movies are made to please that specific demographic, and the inclusion of a more diverse set of people that are influential in the business is needed to give everyone a voice. Like I said, you think empowering new groups of people means YOU lose power, when that isn't the case, at all.

Your personal politics influences the way you interpret her comments. That's why you're white knighting for a movie you haven't even seen. Believe it or not, not everyone has strong political leanings like you and I and just wants to watch a movie based on something they enjoyed as a child, and in the case of A Wrinkle in Time or the Ghostbusters reboot, ends up being browbeaten with a politically correct bastardization.

Captain Marvel is only the latest in a long list of geeky properties to be screwed with in this fashion and fans like me are getting sick of it and want to send a message. Maybe the movie itself contains no overt political message but maybe she should have kept her mouth shut on the press tour and we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

Are you stalking me? How do you know if I've seen the movie or not?

BTW... you aren't a fan. The fact that you think they made Captain Marvel a woman in the movie as a political motive proves that. And you now solidify that by trying to compare it to an all women's reboot of Ghostbusters...

I guess if they make a new Green Lantern movie with a Black man in the lead role you'll do this same foot stomping? Despite the fact that in comic book canon one of the Green Lanterns, Jon Stewart was Black. See you can try all you want to have this conversation both ways to fit your argument, but it doesn't work that way. Just because your argument falls flat in a discussion with people that know they comic book canon, you think crafting a response to call all of us nerds and shit, changes things. It's your own fault you look like a fool with your arguments.

Marvel choosing to use one of the female incarnations of the character for this film has nothing to do with the backlash. It has everything to do with the stupid words that come out of Brie Larson's mouth and the fact that people are sick to death of hearing about how awful white men are. I brought up Ghostbusters because it's relevant to the conversation. SJWs ruining nerdy videogames and movies is a trend. If Captain Marvel was the first time this has ever happened, nobody would care. But it's not the first time and it probably won't be the last.
When did she say how awful white men are?

I mean when she first got started was she Ensign Marvel or was she 2nd Lieutenant Marvel?

I gottsa know.

No... she is the Captain due to her position as a leader of the Kree Imperial Militia that are tasked with fighting against the Skrulls. The Skrulls are basically similar to the Chitari who were the attacking bad guys in the First Avengers movie.

Here's the thing... the reason why Rotten Tomatoes had to change it was because the Toxic Masculinity crowd was posting bad reviews on a movie that they hadn't seen.

This was something they never should have been doing to start with. How can you know if a movie is going to be any good or not if you haven't seen it. I haven't seen this movie. I might see it today, haven't decided for sure yet. But I'm not going to posit an opinion on it based on whatever dumb thing the actress starring in it might have said.

We're subverting the genre in a lot of ways and breaking new ground and we're doing it in a way that feels really natural...On top of that, they said they wanted to make the biggest feminist movie of all time."
Brie Larson

Um, okay.... Not sure why a female superhero (superheroine) has you guys so upset.

I checked out of the MCU some time ago... I think after the Civil War movie because although I thought it was okay, I'm just not that invested in this universe where i have to watch all the movies to know what is going on.
The fragility of the INCEL crowd is just amazing to behold.

What are you basing this idea of Captain Marvel being bad on? You do understand that Rotten Tomatoes is no longer useful when it comes to comic movies right? Because of the war between DC and Marvel fanboys, they shit on each other's movies on Rotten Tomatoes simply out of spite and not truth.

I'd bet money on the low RT score having nothing do do with DC fans and everything to do with Brie Larson's big fat SJW mouth.

You don't even understand her message... and what she said has nothing to do with hating on old white men... it has to do with the need for a better representation of ALL people within the entertainment community.

See people like you look at her message as this zero-sum game where in order for others to get more representation in some segment of society means YOU, YOURSELF has to lose something in return for that to happen. That's not the case, and in fact as a society we ALL gain from more inclusion of other people.

That's what happens when you view everything through a lens of hate... You assume everyone else uses the same world-view as you do because you are too small-minded to understand otherwise.

I understand her message perfectly well. It's the same rhetoric that the left has been browbeating us white guys with for over a decade now. "You don't matter, step aside, shut up" Here's what she said about "A wrinkle in Time"

“[Audiences] are not allowed enough chances to read public discourse on these films by the people that the films were made for. I do not need a 40-year-old white dude to tell me what didn’t work for him about ‘[A] Wrinkle in Time.’ It wasn’t made for him. I want to know what it meant to women of color, to biracial women, to teen women of color, to teens that are biracial.”

I read and loved that book as a child having no idea that it was meant exclusively for biracial trans teens.

No... again that isn't what she said AT ALL, but who on this board would think that a self-proclaimed "hater" like yourself would read any other type of message out of it?

She is stating the obvious, that when most film critics are the decision-makers for the industry and they help decide what movies actually end up getting made, how much is spent for advertising for, and other aspects... not all movies are made to please that specific demographic, and the inclusion of a more diverse set of people that are influential in the business is needed to give everyone a voice. Like I said, you think empowering new groups of people means YOU lose power, when that isn't the case, at all.

Your personal politics influences the way you interpret her comments. That's why you're white knighting for a movie you haven't even seen. Believe it or not, not everyone has strong political leanings like you and I and just wants to watch a movie based on something they enjoyed as a child, and in the case of A Wrinkle in Time or the Ghostbusters reboot, ends up being browbeaten with a politically correct bastardization.

Captain Marvel is only the latest in a long list of geeky properties to be screwed with in this fashion and fans like me are getting sick of it and want to send a message. Maybe the movie itself contains no overt political message but maybe she should have kept her mouth shut on the press tour and we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

These people destroy everything they touch as they coopt it. None of them can create a Marcel Universe. Or start an IBM. Or found a Harvard. They thrive by calling inside institutions and eating them from within.

“We are subverting the genre...”
Brie Larson

I gottsa know.

The writer said she based her on men...Pappy Boyington and Chick Yeager.
Yes feminism causes female self hatred to this degree.

I'd bet money on the low RT score having nothing do do with DC fans and everything to do with Brie Larson's big fat SJW mouth.

These people destroy everything they touch as they coopt it. None of them can create a Marcel Universe. Or start an IBM. Or found a Harvard. They thrive by calling inside institutions and eating them from within.

Brie Larson

Wow you are so ignorant of the comic book genre it is amazing! :abgg2q.jpg:

The things done through Marvel and DC were done by the creators long before the time of PC culture and people like you and others in this thread that feel threatened by a female lead in a comic book movie.

Do you know who Shatterstar and Rictor are? Did you know Superman was created by two poor Jewish boys? Do you realize that the whole idea behind the X-men and guys like Magneto are based on the same ideology as fighting racism? You guys act like this stuff is just now being addressed today in comic book movies, when in fact this shit has been a part of comics already from the very beginning, as creators strived to make the characters more relate-able to everyday life.

Brie Larson

Wow you are so ignorant of the comic book genre it is amazing! :abgg2q.jpg:

The things done through Marvel and DC were done by the creators long before the time of PC culture and people like you and others in this thread that feel threatened by a female lead in a comic book movie.

Do you know who Shatterstar and Rictor are? Did you know Superman was created by two poor Jewish boys? Do you realize that the whole idea behind the X-men and guys like Magneto are based on the same ideology as fighting racism? You guys act like this stuff is just now being addressed today in comic book movies, when in fact this shit has been a part of comics already from the very beginning, as creators strived to make the characters more relate-able to everyday life.

Let me take a guess. You are the President of the Basement Living Nerd Club?

ROCKED! One of Marvel's better origin story set in the retro '90s (which I wouldn't normally consider to be retro).

It opens a couple of plot holes in the Marvel Universe, but hey ... it still rocked.

I won't waste a dime on it. Sick of this effort to feminize everything replacing guys putting women in power roles not needing men in roles that were created for guys. If women want to be in a power role, fine, let them go out and create their own new, original ones for themselves; Captain Marvel was created to be a GUY. Disney, get an imagination and write original stuff, quit stealing from old characters written to be a guy, trying to REPLACE US.

Forum List

Back