Canadian "experts" want spanking banned

The purpose of a beating is to inflict serious pain and/or injury.

The purpose of a spanking is to impart moderate, momentary and benign pain as a means of emphasizing disapproval and demonstrating that misbehavior brings about withdrawal of the unconditional love which the recipient has become accustomed to. It is best described as a brief but purposefully expedient trauma which is effective only when imparted by a normally loving hand. The recipient of a spanking will subconsciously endeavor thereafter to avoid bringing about withdrawal of a parent's love.

A spanking is not a beating. And because spanking is not necessary with all children this does not mean it isn't necessary with some.

Spare the rod and spoil the child.

Last edited:
And you are confident of that position and the idea that exact moment can be known with absolute certainty? As a matter of life and death?
Considering it's impossible to measure anything to it's smallest point, in either space or time... Your question has no meaning when you want absolutes.

In other words, you are comfortable erring on the side of destroying human life.
*laughs*

Yes... I'm against killing people... Not killing life. I'm happy you understand that. lol

I wish you had added a poll to this.

It would be interesting to see if it really is as it appears - backward and repressive rw's wanting to hit their children just cuz they think its a good idea, and progressive Ds being against hitting people who are smaller than they are.

Also interesting that the op equates hitting children with guns.

THAT is just plain freaking WEEERD.

Considering it's impossible to measure anything to it's smallest point, in either space or time... Your question has no meaning when you want absolutes.

In other words, you are comfortable erring on the side of destroying human life.
*laughs*

Yes... I'm against killing people... Not killing life. I'm happy you understand that. lol

I understand that you are a morally bankrupt monster. Deep inside, you understand it too.

Nope. Never spanked my kids. Had 3 of em. My wife stayed home and raised them. Worked with them. If they had troubles in school we looked upon it with common sense in the FACT that WE had failed. Today people blame teachers and schools. Excuse makers.

There's never a reason hit children.

Absolutely never.

initforme said it very well -

If you have to spank your child you are a failure as a parent. Total failure.

But, watch people who are out in public with their kids. There they are, yelling at them, putting them down, telling them they're stupid, using that "you're so stupid" tone of voice. Those are people who hate their children and they're the ones who hit their children.

Its child abuse. No reason and no excuse.

Period.

Such stupidity is astounding...

You know what?

Without even meeting your children, I KNOW they are not as stupid as you think they are.

I KNOW they are not so stupid that their parents must beat good behaviour, or anything else, into them.

yawn...Maybe its because my daughter is in the gifted class for the smart kids or maybe its because my 3 year old son is doing kindergarten work,oh hell I dunno...who gives a flying fuck what you and your liberal lacky's think.

yawn...Maybe its because my daughter is in the gifted class for the smart kids or maybe its because my 3 year old son is doing kindergarten work,oh hell I dunno...who gives a flying fuck what you and your liberal lacky's think.

And you believe you beat their intelligence into them?

Interesting that you can call people "lackeys" but you can't spell it. By your lack of intelligent logic, if you had been beaten as a child, you'd be smarter ... ?

Is it because they are afraid you will spank them?

My kids only get spanked when they behave badly. They achieve well in school because they have damn good genes and they have very smart parents and grandparents...I am glad its been passed down...They also achieve well in school because we urge them to see how we struggle now and we tell them we don't want that for them and to get a better life when they are grown up is to do good in school and get good grades so you can go to college and achieve great things.

Last edited:
Years ago in schools, the teacher would cane those students who spelled a word wrong, or didn't complete their homework on time.

For those who think its okay to spank a child - do you also believe it okay for a teacher to cane, or whip your child for making a spelling mistake?

Forum List

Back