Canadian "experts" want spanking banned

Dissent

Rookie
Aug 5, 2012
FEMA region 4
Canadian Experts Call for Nationwide Ban on Spanking | Team Mom - Yahoo! Shine

Amerika's future 10 years down the road...Just like I said when guns become outlawed only outlaws will have guns well when spanking becomes outlawed only outlaws will spank...it ain't none of ANYONE'S business if I spank my kids...I was spanked as were my parents so on and so on...ain't a one of us turned out wrong....more "professional medical opinion" bullshit.

We've got a majority Conservative government but it still doesn't stop stupid "experts" from trying to ram thru shit.

This non spanking garbage has even been turned down by the Federal Libs over the years. Provincially in the whacko left wing provinces like Quebec or Ontario, who knows it could pass.

But they are left wing. Federally, not a freaking chance.

I am PRO for spanking. this is what is wrong with our youth. they have NO respect for authority because their parents wanted to be their friends instead of being parents. I spanked my children as a last resort. I would do other punishments first but in some cases spanking was the only thing that worked. Guess what my kids never got in trouble in school. They respect their elders. They say. Yes Mam ,No Mam and thank yous . They respect authority!!. Their is a difference from spanking a child and beating a child. A quick swat on the butt to make your child you mean business and youre not playing . I was spanked as a child. I never felt my parents hated me in fact Every spanking I got I deserved. .

Canadian society wins w/ Money for Nothing being illegal too.

Hey hey hey, back up there. Not Canadian society. Some moron made an official complaint to the CBSC and they had to rule on it.

All musicians and radio stations were flipping out about it as were millions of rock fans coast to coast, but once the official complaint was lodged, they had to rule. Rock and a hard place even for the Council.

And even though many in both our countries love freedom of speech, what do you think would happen if Mitt Romney said "we don't believe in marriage between two faggots".

All mother trucking freaking hell would break loose. :D Truth.

Any station that wants to play the song will have to edit it or disguise the word, according to a ruling by the Canadian Broadcasts Standards Council.

The decision came after a listener complained that the broadcast of unedited version of the song – which mentions the word three times – was 'extremely offensive' to gay, lesbian and bisexual people.

Canada radio stations told to censor 'homophobic' Dire Straits hit Money For Nothing | Mail Online

Didn't Quebec just elect the Separatist party to power?

Damn straight. Here we go again. If they go for sovereignty this time the rest of the provinces would welcome it.

"Let 'em freaking go" is the attitude out here in the west.

Well, sure. How you raise your offspring is on you. I tell you though, at a certain age, an ass whoopin didn't teach me shit. I learned some good lessons about fire and hot when I was real young and also about respecting my elders. But there came a point i'd take a lickin' and then it was just useless. Teach them well, is all.

I am PRO for spanking. this is what is wrong with our youth. they have NO respect for authority because their parents wanted to be their friends instead of being parents. I spanked my children as a last resort. I would do other punishments first but in some cases spanking was the only thing that worked. Guess what my kids never got in trouble in school. They respect their elders. They say. Yes Mam ,No Mam and thank yous . They respect authority!!. Their is a difference from spanking a child and beating a child. A quick swat on the butt to make your child you mean business and youre not playing . I was spanked as a child. I never felt my parents hated me in fact Every spanking I got I deserved. .

You can raise children well without laying your hands on them in anger. It just takes intelligence and patience.

Understandably, some parents are not capable.

Canadian Experts Call for Nationwide Ban on Spanking | Team Mom - Yahoo! Shine

Amerika's future 10 years down the road...Just like I said when guns become outlawed only outlaws will have guns well when spanking becomes outlawed only outlaws will spank...it ain't none of ANYONE'S business if I spank my kids...I was spanked as were my parents so on and so on...ain't a one of us turned out wrong....more "professional medical opinion" bullshit.
I agree.

"Experts" also tell us we should never whack a persistently disobedient pet but my experience disproves that thinking. A moderate dose of expedient pain effectively emphasizes a corrective lesson and helps commit it to memory. I have equal cause to believe the same applies to children who do not respond to verbal reprimand.

My late wife was a clinical psychologist who didn't hesitate to respond to our Number Three little lady's belligerence with a whack on the hiney, which got the message across. She believed that a little physical emphasis, which is more embarrassing than painful, is perfectly alright when necessary and when applied with a known loving hand. (It was never necessary with Number One and Number Two.)

Also, anyone who ever had occasion to observe a mother cat raising her litter has seen her deal with annoying or misbehaving kittens with a good thumping. I believe it is rather arrogant to consider we humans as being far too superior to "lesser" animals to emulate some of their basic behaviors.

Forum List

Back