Canadian "experts" want spanking banned

And even though many in both our countries love freedom of speech, what do you think would happen if Mitt Romney said "we don't believe in marriage between two faggots".

Makes me want a chicken sandwich.

It's amazing how many words can get you in trouble these days.

We took some new Brit friends up to dinner in the Peg and the husband says "Excuse me, I'm going to step outside to suck on a fag. Back in a minute." And our waiter almost passed out. Diners next to us were visibly shaken.

:lol:

I died laughing.

(Fag for those that don't know is a cigarette in Brit slang)

Nutters

Please stop talking about my country.

Thanks.

Alright, the same would be appreciated in reverse then. :D

I'm happy when normal people talk about my country. We're a little insecure and secretly crave attention from our Southern neighbors, though we'd deny that. But nutters shouldn't be using Canada as a reference for anything.

This debate has been going on in Canada for decades.

Well, sure. How you raise your offspring is on you. I tell you though, at a certain age, an ass whoopin didn't teach me shit. I learned some good lessons about fire and hot when I was real young and also about respecting my elders. But there came a point i'd take a lickin' and then it was just useless. Teach them well, is all.
That is true with some children but not all.

OK, and when kids are bigger than their parents they can beat the shit out of their parents.

Last edited:
Lol...I take it you aren't happy with them? I support ANY separatist party or movement or group.

Nah, these separatists want to have their own domain while taking Federal handouts (transfer payments from the successful provinces) to keep their province running.

It would be like your brother in law wanting you to support him but claiming that his basement apartment in your house was truly his own.

They are serious left wingers who live on handouts. Anti gun. Anti free speech. Anti everything.

Lol...I take it you aren't happy with them? I support ANY separatist party or movement or group.

Nah, these separatists want to have their own domain while taking Federal handouts (transfer payments from the successful provinces) to keep their province running.

It would be like your brother in law wanting you to support him but claiming that his basement apartment in your house was truly his own.

They are serious left wingers who live on handouts. Anti gun. Anti free speech. Anti everything.

Ahhhh...I don't know about their political views other than they want a separate Quebec.

Ahhhh...I don't know about their political views other than they want a separate Quebec.

We've been listening to "Vive Quebec Libre" for decades now. At this point in time many of us just wish they'd go.

:D I mean that kindly because I do love the province for its sheer beauty and history, but there is only so long you can take a nagging, whining, bitching brother in law province like they are.

You can raise children well without laying your hands on them in anger. It just takes intelligence and patience.
If this has been your experience it's because you are fortunate to have raised children who were compliant and receptive to parental authority.

Understandably, some parents are not capable.
Some parents are not good role models and their children simply do not respect them. In such situations it is understandable why corporal punishment, even when called for, will not have the desired effect.

I am PRO for spanking. this is what is wrong with our youth. they have NO respect for authority because their parents wanted to be their friends instead of being parents. I spanked my children as a last resort. I would do other punishments first but in some cases spanking was the only thing that worked. Guess what my kids never got in trouble in school. They respect their elders. They say. Yes Mam ,No Mam and thank yous . They respect authority!!. Their is a difference from spanking a child and beating a child. A quick swat on the butt to make your child you mean business and youre not playing . I was spanked as a child. I never felt my parents hated me in fact Every spanking I got I deserved. .

I bet you live in north Florida where there are some counties that allow spanking pre-teens in school.

Talk about creep show.

I bet you live in north Florida where there are some counties that allow spanking pre-teens in school.

Talk about creep show.
I don't know how it is today but I can tell you from personal experience (St. Francis Xavier) that Catholic schools in the 40s and 50s demanded and enforced rigid discipline. The Franciscan brothers and Carmelite nuns tolerated zero nonsense and would wallop the hell out of us for misbehavior. And our parents paid to send us there.

My brother and I envied public school kids.

Canadian Experts Call for Nationwide Ban on Spanking | Team Mom - Yahoo! Shine

Amerika's future 10 years down the road...Just like I said when guns become outlawed only outlaws will have guns well when spanking becomes outlawed only outlaws will spank...it ain't none of ANYONE'S business if I spank my kids...I was spanked as were my parents so on and so on...ain't a one of us turned out wrong....more "professional medical opinion" bullshit.

Yes...because hitting a defenseless child makes you a good parent.:eusa_eh:

Amerika's future 10 years down the road...Just like I said when guns become outlawed only outlaws will have guns well when spanking becomes outlawed only outlaws will spank...it ain't none of ANYONE'S business if I spank my kids...I was spanked as were my parents so on and so on...ain't a one of us turned out wrong....more "professional medical opinion" bullshit.

That's a downer for the dominitrixes and the masters of sex slaves.

I seriously doubt that anything Canada does is "America's future". More likely the strange assortment of Brit loyalty and crazy French influence follows America's left wing trends and exaggerates the outcome.

Forum List

Back