Canadian "experts" want spanking banned

I bet you live in north Florida where there are some counties that allow spanking pre-teens in school.

Talk about creep show.
I don't know how it is today but I can tell you from personal experience (St. Francis Xavier) that Catholic schools in the 40s and 50s demanded and enforced rigid discipline. The Franciscan brothers and Carmelite nuns tolerated zero nonsense and would wallop the hell out of us for misbehavior. And our parents paid to send us there.

My brother and I envied public school kids.

During the '60's when I was in elementary school, there was a contest between the public school and my parents to see who could spank me the most in one day.

Last edited:
A fetus cannot be compared to a child going through the terrible twos.

Yeah, the unborn child is much more defenseless.

A fetus matters to no one. A toddler matters to everyone.

Don't pretend you value human life at any stage after making a statement like that.

Oh, but if a cat dies...now that's a real tragedy... :rolleyes:

You're an immoral, inhuman, idiot.

Don't pretend you value human life at any stage after making a statement like that.

Oh, but if a cat dies...now that's a real tragedy... :rolleyes:

You're an immoral, inhuman, idiot.

You are welcome to value the life of a fetus if you wish. But don't expect everyone else to believe what you believe.

Don't expect anyone to believe you are an actual human being, burger-girl.

Canadian Experts Call for Nationwide Ban on Spanking | Team Mom - Yahoo! Shine

Amerika's future 10 years down the road...Just like I said when guns become outlawed only outlaws will have guns well when spanking becomes outlawed only outlaws will spank...it ain't none of ANYONE'S business if I spank my kids...I was spanked as were my parents so on and so on...ain't a one of us turned out wrong....more "professional medical opinion" bullshit.

I seriously doubt that anything Canada does is "America's future". More likely the strange assortment of Brit loyalty and crazy French influence follows America's left wing trends and exaggerates the outcome.

Quebec's crazy on their own.

We're a Conservative majority now. It wasn't easy:D but we pulled it off in the last election.

And thank heavens for that. Our recovery from the world wide recession has been rapid and faster than anyone else in the G20. ETA: to date. The IMF predicted you'll top us for 2012, but I'm not seeing that happen yet.

It helps to have a Prime Minister who has a Masters in Economics and worked a real day job before he became a politician.

Last edited:
I don't think you can lump all parents together or all children together or all methods of discipline together.

Each family, each child, each situation is unique.

There is no "one size fits all" when it comes to raising a child.

Well, sure. How you raise your offspring is on you. I tell you though, at a certain age, an ass whoopin didn't teach me shit. I learned some good lessons about fire and hot when I was real young and also about respecting my elders. But there came a point i'd take a lickin' and then it was just useless. Teach them well, is all.

After about 6 years of age spankings shouldn't be necessary. The threat of a spanking should be all you need. Furthermore, there are other means of discipline. However, in the end, they have to be backed up with the threat of a spanking.

You can raise children well without laying your hands on them in anger. It just takes intelligence and patience.

Understandably, some parents are not capable.

What do you do when they're throwing a temper tantrum and smashing things in the house?

Wow it's Joseph Mengala.....say that to a woman that loses that "fetus".....well that would take a person with humanity, so you're probably not the one to ask Dr Mengala

I would never say that to a woman who lost her unborn baby. Ever. I couldn't imagine the pain of enduring a miscarriage or stillbirth if that child was wanted, so please don't assume I am a heartless bitch, because I am not.

You can raise children well without laying your hands on them in anger. It just takes intelligence and patience.

Understandably, some parents are not capable.

What do you do when they're throwing a temper tantrum and smashing things in the house?

Can't you simply place them in time out? Put them in the cot or play pen, or in a bedroom for a few minutes?

Can't you simply place them in time out? Put them in the cot or play pen, or in a bedroom for a few minutes?

He was in timeout.

He needs to be in a room where he can't smash things. How old is he?

There is no such room. We sent him to sit in the bathroom when he misbehaved. One time he started slamming the cupboard doors really hard. After a spanking, he never did that again. That was one of the two times I spanked him his entire life. that's all that was needed.

BTW, that was long ago. He was 4 years old at the time.

Forum List

Back