Canada woman fired for STEALING from company. Awarded $46,000 in damages!!

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
Another immigrant who's been here 30 years and uses the "me no speak english" excuse when caught red-handed.!!!

http://vancouversun.com/news/local-...ge-awards-46000-to-cook-fired-for-taking-food

feb 13 2017 A B.C. woman who was fired after 24 years of working at Burger King for taking home a fish sandwich combo without paying has been awarded $46,000 for wrongful dismissal.

Usha Ram took the owners of the downtown Vancouver fast food franchise to court after she was fired at the end of 2013 from her position as a cook. Ram argued she had been given permission by the manager on duty to pack up the food and take it home without paying.

Janif Mohammed, co-owner of the Granville Street fast food joint, represented himself in court and countered that he had a zero-tolerance policy for theft and said Ram took a sandwich, fries and soft drink, though Yayyaba Salman, the manager on duty at the time, testified she thought Ram had asked only to take a sandwich.

Ram is a 55-year-old wife and mother who immigrated to Canada from Fiji in 1987. She has a Grade 8 education and a basic level of English. Throughout the trial, Ram testified in Hindi using an interpreter

I remember working at dominoes pizza in the late 80s. Every night someone would order a pizza and not pick it up. After about an hour everybody working at the time got free dinner.

Sounds like everyone got hosed in the story above. Fired over a drink and fries? Get the fuck out of here. How about.... manager: I know you took a drink and fries please don't do that again or there will be consequences.
Worker: sorry, it won't happen again.
$46000 is what? 3 years pay?

• Banned
Sounds like everyone got hosed in the story above. Fired over a drink and fries? Get the fuck out of here. How about.... manager: I know you took a drink and fries please don't do that again or there will be consequences.

HAHAHA. Another liberal telling us stealing is OK. If someone stole a buck from YOU, would you say ok? THINK

HAHAHA. Another liberal telling us stealing is OK. If someone stole a buck from YOU, would you say ok? THINK
Conservative. Some things like this are nothing though. Just so minor it's not worth worrying about. OTOH if it's a daily or weekly or even monthly Occurrence then I would agree to fire the woman. We'll disagree on this.

I am no stranger to working at such a place only its McDonald's instead of Burger King and a free meal when we work is allowed, but it does have to be rung up on the register as if it were any other order. The manager in charge then puts in their register code number so that it would be taken care of. I guess that it has to be rung up so that it could be accounted for because on the last day of every month, going through the inventory has to be done.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Not just anything can be taken though. Only a certain amount of food is allowed, no more than a certain number of dollars worth that is and how much depends on how many hours are worked. Stealing is not tolerated. People have been fired for it.

Last edited:
Sounds like she was short changed. If she were a failure CEO as many are, she would have been paid millions. What she got is zippo.

Forum List

Back