Woman fired from job after calling cops on black man for wearing socks in community pool

NewsVine_Mariyam

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2018
The Beautiful Pacific Northwest
Woman fired from job after calling cops on black man for wearing socks in community pool

A white woman was let go from her job as a property manager on Thursday after she faced scrutiny for calling the police on a black man for wearing socks at a community pool in Memphis, Tenn., according to USA Today.
Riverset Apartments announced their decision to terminate Erica Walker after footage of the incident captured national attention.
Camry Porter, who shared a video of the incident on Facebook, told WMAC Action News 5 the incident was racially motivated, adding that they seemed to be the only black family at the pool.​

I know this guy has heard it, I did for twelve years in sports at school, no black socks.. I've heard chicks tell me, no black socks with sandals...and I know that that guy has heard it also...But there they are, black socks, no wonder he got the heat..

Whites just can't get away with oppressing blacks like they used to.

Was it socks? I saw no socks. I saw children swimming in tee shirts. I see nothing wrong with that.

Who wears socks in a pool?
Who swims in a community pool?
Yuck.
download (29).jpeg download (30).jpeg

Was it socks? I saw no socks. I saw children swimming in tee shirts. I see nothing wrong with that.
When its an outdoor pool, some people need to wear shirts anyway.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. I will roast if I am out in the sun long enough. Sunscreen doesn't do a thing for me.

When its an outdoor pool, some people need to wear shirts anyway.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. I will roast if I am out in the sun long enough. Sunscreen doesn't do a thing for me.
I am with you. The headline in no way matches what I saw! I would put tee shirts on my children too.

You can't wear socks, tee shirts, cut offs and other such things in a pool. Anybody with an IQ over 70 knows that.

More black privilege, where blacks just don't have to follow basic rules.

My very first job at age 16 was working as a cashier at a local swimming pool and I can tell you that there are very good safety and health reasons for all of the rules that the pools have and enforce. A community pool doesn't have the same facilities that the public pool does but the underlying reasons for them are the same - only bathing attire to be worn in the pool, no spitting, running or glass containers on deck. And the public pools require you to get under the shower before getting into the pool.

There is absolutely no reason for anyone to have their dirty socks in the pool and yeah if they're on your feet then they're not considered to be clean.

So as far as I’m concerned they were both wrong but it also seems as if the woman at the pool hadn’t been trained on what to do if someone refused to accept her authority or refuses to comply with her instructions as the “pool monitor”. Loss of pool privileges, being found to have violated a term of a lease or HOA rules and being assessed whatever penalty or punishment that involves would be appropriate responses in my opinion. Calling the police on someone who isn’t violating the law and hasn’t committed a crime is what generally causes me to side with the person who hadn’t violated the law.

You can't wear socks, tee shirts, cut offs and other such things in a pool. Anybody with an IQ over 70 knows that.

More black privilege, where blacks just don't have to follow basic rules.
And yet she didn't call the police on on the white people breaking dress code. So you sound like a fool.

My very first job at age 16 was working as a cashier at a local swimming pool and I can tell you that there are very good safety and health reasons for all of the rules that the pools have and enforce. A community pool doesn't have the same facilities that the public pool does but the underlying reasons for them are the same - only bathing attire to be worn in the pool, no spitting, running or glass containers on deck. And the public pools require you to get under the shower before getting into the pool.

There is absolutely no reason for anyone to have their dirty socks in the pool and yeah if they're on your feet then they're not considered to be clean.

So as far as I’m concerned they were both wrong but it also seems as if the woman at the pool hadn’t been trained on what to do if someone refused to accept her authority or refuses to comply with her instructions as the “pool monitor”. Loss of pool privileges, being found to have violated a term of a lease or HOA rules and being assessed whatever penalty or punishment that involves would be appropriate responses in my opinion. Calling the police on someone who isn’t violating the law and hasn’t committed a crime is what generally causes me to side with the person who hadn’t violated the law.
Thank you for your common sense response. I assumed you were cheering another black "victory." Glad you cleared that up.

Forum List

Back