Can Republicans win with a message of "Let Him Die"?

Teaparty: Just Let Uninsured People Die (CNN GOP debate, Ron Paul) - YouTube

All you had to do was go look. Ron Paul's answer was to let the church take care of him. Like churches have doctors and nurses. This was simply a "right wing Christian's way of saying: Let him die".

So, Ron Paul did not actually say 'Let him die'... that is your interpretation of what he said.

Got it.

No, Paul didn't say ......Let him die

What he said was:

"Thats what freedom is, taking your own risks"

Which is Libertarian speak for......Let him die

And again, we have an interpretation, not a quote.

Thanks for the neg dean. Now I know I got under your skin. :)

I'd pay you back but I know you can't help yourself so it would be a waste of the 10 I get.

Carry on twit

I link to my every position. You don't. You just call names. You have no point to anything. There is nothing of value in any of your posts. Worse, they are not even funny. That's the sin. If you want to be a moron, fine. But at least be one with humor. You're not even funny enough to laugh at. I try to train my eyes to look past your posts because I know there is nothing of value. But sometimes, I read one by mistake. That makes me angry that I wasted my time reading nothing of value.

no you dont......

You don't have to say the exact words to get the meaning across.

Oh, I missed this!!

Say what Dean, REALLY?

I sure could run with this...

Run with it. Go ahead.

Blitzer asked, "Let him die?" and Paul said no, that the church could take care of him.

How is that not a death sentence? Churches are prepared to take care of a man in a coma for at least 6 months? That was the time mentioned. It's ridiculous. Would you want to be taken care of by a church while you are in a coma?:popcorn:

And Paul NEVER corrected the audience. No one on stage did.

The question I have for you is what is the Republican plan for people without health care. You want to "run with" what you insist wasn't said, but what is THE plan? Are you one of those in the audience yelling "let him die"?:popcorn:

Remember "Run With It".

he meant MONEY-WISE Dean.....and you dont play games?....Seriously?.....

Oh, I missed this!!

Say what Dean, REALLY?

Run with it. Go ahead.

Blitzer asked, "Let him die?" and Paul said no, that the church could take care of him.

How is that not a death sentence? Churches are prepared to take care of a man in a coma for at least 6 months? That was the time mentioned. It's ridiculous. Would you want to be taken care of by a church while you are in a coma?:popcorn:

The question I have for you is what is the Republican plan for people without health care. You want to "run with" what you insist wasn't said, but what is THE plan? Are you one of those in the audience yelling "let him die"?:popcorn:

Remember "Run With It".

How many churches have the finances to take care of one person in a coma for over six months? That is over a million dollars. Will they pay up for an atheist the same as someone in their congregation? What happens when they are paying for someone in a coma and another person gets seriously ill shortly after?

Churches are stopgap measures and do not have nearly the resources to take care of the seriously ill

Oh, I missed this!!

Say what Dean, REALLY?

Run with it. Go ahead.

Remember "Run With It".

Dean's stupidity is always serious.

Thanks for the neg dean. Now I know I got under your skin. :)

I'd pay you back but I know you can't help yourself so it would be a waste of the 10 I get.

Carry on twit

I link to my every position. You don't. You just call names. You have no point to anything. There is nothing of value in any of your posts. Worse, they are not even funny. That's the sin. If you want to be a moron, fine. But at least be one with humor. You're not even funny enough to laugh at. I try to train my eyes to look past your posts because I know there is nothing of value. But sometimes, I read one by mistake. That makes me angry that I wasted my time reading nothing of value.

no you dont......
:eusa_whistle: don't bother bubble boy

If the Republican message is not "Let him die", what is the republican message on healthcare?

They have blocked healthcare legislation for over sixty years. They blocked Medicare being available for all Americans. They blocked Clintons healthcare plan and offered up their own alternative. When Obama offered up their alternative as a national healthcare plan.....they blocked that

They offered up "Repeal and Replace" for Obamacare.....now it is just Repeal

if the Republican solution is not "Let them die"....what is it?

If the Republican message is not "Let him die", what is the republican message on healthcare?

They have blocked healthcare legislation for over sixty years. They blocked Medicare being available for all Americans. They blocked Clintons healthcare plan and offered up their own alternative. When Obama offered up their alternative as a national healthcare plan.....they blocked that

Are you really so stupid you don't know the answer to that?

It's simple ......... Repeal Obamacare and replace it

Kinda like "Hope and Change" only with substance

Replace it with something that addresses the cost of HC.

The cost, which is the real problem, isn't addressed in Obamacare at all.

Oh....I get it now

Replace it with something better like they did with universal Medicare coverage in 1965. Or replace it with something better like they did with Hillarycare. Now they want to repeal Obamacare and have us trust them that they will replace it with something better

Fool me once......

That is not a replacement. That is an addition. I would like to see Republicans put forth a plan to reduce costs. What are they waiting for?

Screen_shot_2010-07-28_at_1.05.57_PM.png

Obamacare? Seriously?

That is not a replacement. That is an addition. I would like to see Republicans put forth a plan to reduce costs. What are they waiting for?

If they win big in 2012 and have the actual votes to get rid of Obamacare then I think you'll see a replacement.

One can only hope that its a replacement that addressses cost.

Oh....I get it now

Replace it with something better like they did with universal Medicare coverage in 1965. Or replace it with something better like they did with Hillarycare. Now they want to repeal Obamacare and have us trust them that they will replace it with something better

Fool me once......

Well you know they say you can't fool a fool.

Yes. They lied.

If they win big in 2012 and have the actual votes to get rid of Obamacare then I think you'll see a replacement.

"We'll come up with something after the election" is what we heard before the last election. Now we need to wait another cycle? Maybe Lucy won't move the football this time.

And, right-wing fairy tales notwithstanding, the ACA does address cost drivers.

Yes. They lied.

"We'll come up with something after the election" is what we heard before the last election. Now we need to wait another cycle? Maybe Lucy won't move the football this time.

And, right-wing fairy tales notwithstanding, the ACA does address cost drivers.

Yes, you heard it before... from Pelosi. "We have to pass the bill, so you'll know what's in it".

In all honesty, I don't think the Republican policy is "Let him die". I think their policy is "We don't care"

If your family is struggling and your health insurance rises to the point you can no longer afford it.........the Republican response is We don't care

If you have to make a tradeoff of getting medical treatment or paying the rent......the Republican response is We don't care

If someone in your family gets sick and you can't afford the medical bills.......the Republican response is We don't care

If medical expenses cause you to go bankrupt or lose your house.....the Republican response is We don't care

In all honesty, I don't think the Republican policy is "Let him die". I think their policy is "We don't care"

If your family is struggling and your health insurance rises to the point you can no longer afford it.........the Republican response is We don't care

If you have to make a tradeoff of getting medical treatment or paying the rent......the Republican response is We don't care

If someone in your family gets sick and you can't afford the medical bills.......the Republican response is We don't care

If medical expenses cause you to go bankrupt or lose your house.....the Republican response is We don't care

Actually they say you can go to your local church and ask for help. That is the plan. I actually heard them say this.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back