Can Republicans win with a message of "Let Him Die"?

Run with it. Go ahead.

Blitzer asked, "Let him die?" and Paul said no, that the church could take care of him.

How is that not a death sentence? Churches are prepared to take care of a man in a coma for at least 6 months? That was the time mentioned. It's ridiculous. Would you want to be taken care of by a church while you are in a coma?:popcorn:

And Paul NEVER corrected the audience. No one on stage did.

The question I have for you is what is the Republican plan for people without health care. You want to "run with" what you insist wasn't said, but what is THE plan? Are you one of those in the audience yelling "let him die"?:popcorn:

Remember "Run With It".

he meant MONEY-WISE Dean.....and you dont play games?....Seriously?.....

How many churches have the finances to take care of one person in a coma for over six months? That is over a million dollars. Will they pay up for an atheist the same as someone in their congregation? What happens when they are paying for someone in a coma and another person gets seriously ill shortly after?

Churches are stopgap measures and do not have nearly the resources to take care of the seriously ill

yea so?.....whats that got to do with the discussion?......

he meant MONEY-WISE Dean.....and you dont play games?....Seriously?.....

How many churches have the finances to take care of one person in a coma for over six months? That is over a million dollars. Will they pay up for an atheist the same as someone in their congregation? What happens when they are paying for someone in a coma and another person gets seriously ill shortly after?

Churches are stopgap measures and do not have nearly the resources to take care of the seriously ill

I really don't know.....maybe you should ask Dr Paul

In all honesty, I don't think the Republican policy is "Let him die". I think their policy is "We don't care"

If your family is struggling and your health insurance rises to the point you can no longer afford it.........the Republican response is We don't care

If you have to make a tradeoff of getting medical treatment or paying the rent......the Republican response is We don't care

If someone in your family gets sick and you can't afford the medical bills.......the Republican response is We don't care

If medical expenses cause you to go bankrupt or lose your house.....the Republican response is We don't care

that is..... until it happens to them or someone they are fond of.....

no ....i am asking you.....you quoted me....now what does what you said ...have to do with my comment to Dean?....

no ....i am asking you.....you quoted me....now what does what you said ...have to do with my comment to Dean?....

Let's go to the video tape...

Rdean quoted Dr Paul as saying the churches should take care of them
You attacked rdean and said he was talking MONETARILY
I responded on the difficulties of churches to pay medical fees

Try to keep up now

The three most popular phrases that came out of the Republican Presidential Debates:

"Let Him Die".

"Corporations are People, my friend".

"End Obamacare".

Runner up's:

"Get rid of the EPA"
"DeRegulate"
"Save Marriage"

Obviously, the Republicans aren't going for the "Middle Class", so who are they making the pitch for?

They can win. Especially if their "voter suppression" isn't taken seriously.

But what is the message?

What is the plan?

Is "end health care for millions of Americans" a real plan? Who pays when they get sick? And they will get sick. "Let him die" seems too far outside the mainstream. But is it? Is that a message Americans want to hear?

That's not the republicans position - nor would a republican let anyone die.

The message is it's not governments responsibility to care for people...

It's YOUR responsibility to donate to a charity to care for an individual or care for them yourself.

Programs that were setup 70 years ago to help the HONEST needy are now being abused by leeches at the taxpayers expense and democrats are more than willing to keep throwing money at those programs for a fucking vote.

That is rewarding dishonesty with dishonesty.

Besides - its funny how most claim they're starving however they have enough money for the newest cell phone or the newest 180.00 pair of shoes......

The only people that are getting fucked are the taxpayers...

Oh and don't even get me started on the dumb fucking grants that are granted to the academic and scientific community every year to study shit like why monkeys eat and favor bananas over other fruit..

Last edited:
Yes, you heard it before... from Pelosi. "We have to pass the bill, so you'll know what's in it".

Ah yes, the speech to county health officials. She really pulled a fast one on them! :lol:

Get a clue.

Yeah.. no one else heard her say that, huh.

Here... you need this way more than I do...
400x00014.jpg

Last edited:
Replace it with something that addresses the cost of HC.

The cost, which is the real problem, isn't addressed in Obamacare at all.

That is not a replacement. That is an addition. I would like to see Republicans put forth a plan to reduce costs. What are they waiting for?

The last thing the GObP/pubs want is to reduce costs. They are firmly in the pockets of the insurance and drug companies which is why they hate ObamaCare - because it DOES reduce costs. That was (PARTLY) the source of our premium refund.

EDUCATE YOURSELVES.

I see you're not getting this. She was speaking to county officials. County officials make up the backbone of much of the nation's public health infrastructure and health safety net. These people are the boots on the ground who wouldn't see the new tools the ACA puts in their hands until they started implementing it. Her remarks have nothing to do with you.

images

Replace it with something that addresses the cost of HC.

The cost, which is the real problem, isn't addressed in Obamacare at all.

That is not a replacement. That is an addition. I would like to see Republicans put forth a plan to reduce costs. What are they waiting for?

The last thing the GObP/pubs want is to reduce costs. They are firmly in the pockets of the insurance and drug companies which is why they hate ObamaCare - because it DOES reduce costs. That was (PARTLY) the source of our premium refund.

EDUCATE YOURSELVES.

repeating the same lies in multiple threads does not make you less of a liar.

I see you're not getting this. She was speaking to county officials. County officials make up the backbone of much of the nation's public health infrastructure and health safety net. These people are the boots on the ground who wouldn't see the new tools the ACA puts in their hands until they started implementing it. Her remarks have nothing to do with you.

images

I remember that show.... "The Reading Rainbow" :lol:

The host was that black dude with the flattop. :lol:

images

the immediate audience is immaterial to the point she was trying to make, dim whit.

I see you're not getting this.

EDUCATE YOURSELVES.

repeating the same lies in multiple threads does not make you less of a liar.

Why are pubs and bags so danged attached to their own ignorance.

Next thing I expect to read one of them writing is "No way can you make me take care of my own health or that of my family!"

They DO love their STOOPID.

I do apologize for mixing up the threads though.

the immediate audience is immaterial to the point she was trying to make, dim whit.

No, it isn't.

"We have to do this in [federal-state-local] partnership, and I wanted to bring up to date on where we see it from here. The final health care legislation that will soon be passed by Congress will deliver successful reform at the local level. It will offer paid for investments that will improve health care services and coverage for millions more Americans. It will make significant investments in innovation, prevention, wellness and offer robust support for public health infrastructure. It will dramatically expand investments into community health centers. That means a dramatic expansion in the number of patients community health centers can see and ultimately healthier communities. Our bill will significantly reduce uncompensated care for hospitals."

I understand that you read that and hear "We'll come up with something after the election." I can't say for sure why that it is, though I suspect it's simply run-of-the-mill hackery.

I understand that you read that and hear "We'll come up with something after the election." I can't say for sure why that it is, though I suspect it's simply run-of-the-mill hackery.

Please link to ANY post where I said this.

The very post that started this inane exchange.

"We'll come up with something after the election" is what we heard before the last election. Now we need to wait another cycle? Maybe Lucy won't move the football this time.

Yes, you heard it before... from Pelosi.

You then referenced the exact speech on the local impact of the ACA I just quoted.

You attempted to draw some equivalence between the GOP having no health reform plan and the Democrats passing comprehensive health reform. Quick, weasel out of it!

What is the plan?

Is "end health care for millions of Americans" a real plan? Who pays when they get sick? And they will get sick. "Let him die" seems too far outside the mainstream. But is it? Is that a message Americans want to hear?

The answer is, of course, continue the status quo, compassionate conservatism - i mean is not like we are a quadrillion dollars in the hole ......its just a manageable 15 TTTTTTTTTTTTTTrillion

What is the plan?

The answer is, of course, continue the status quo, compassionate conservatism - i mean is not like we are a quadrillion dollars in the hole ......its just a manageable 15 TTTTTTTTTTTTTTrillion

It will be more like 17 when Obama leaves office..

Of course progressives will continue to claim republicans spend more than democrats and will cite military spending as such....

Please link to ANY post where I said this.

The very post that started this inane exchange.

"We'll come up with something after the election" is what we heard before the last election. Now we need to wait another cycle? Maybe Lucy won't move the football this time.

Yes, you heard it before... from Pelosi.

You then referenced the exact speech on the local impact of the ACA I just quoted.

You attempted to draw some equivalence between the GOP having no health reform plan and the Democrats passing comprehensive health reform. Quick, weasel out of it!

You really are quite stupid, aren't you.

That speech was not on the 'local effect' of jack shit. It was to the Legislative Conference for National Association of Counties.

The GOP has a health reform plan. The fact that you do not like it doesn't negate it's existence.
Repeal and Replace the Job-Destroying Health Care Law - A Pledge to America - GOP.gov

it is impossible to have a logical debate with someone like you who is intent on parroting whatever their liberal masters tell them, regardless of the facts presented.

That speech was not on the 'local effect' of jack shit. It was to the Legislative Conference for National Association of Counties.

Oy, still haven't bothered to read the speech you've deemed to be so significant. So let me help you out a bit:

Thank you, President Valerie Brown [of Sonoma County, Calif.] Don't we all take pride in Valerie Brown recently being named County Official of the Year for her advocacy on behalf of all of America's counties? Thank you, Valerie. Her wealth of experience – as a mayor, a state legislator, and an educator and a county executive - makes her an innovative and effective leader for the future. At this time of great challenges, her understanding of the different needs of NACo's diverse counties is essential.

"I understand many other county officials are here from California. Any Californians to be heard from here? Thank you for coming the distance to Washington and for going the distance for our constituents. And I want to acknowledge all of you who are here.

"I had the privilege last year to acknowledge the work of the Executive Committee of NACo by welcoming them to the Speaker's office in the Capitol. This year, I have the even greater privilege to come to you to speak to all of the members of NACo. [...]

"Nobody knows better than you [county-level officials] the strain on hospitals that never turned a patient away, and health care providers grappling with the challenges of the uninsured and shrinking reimbursement. You know as well as anyone, that our current system is unsustainable. It's unsustainable to individuals and their families. It's unsustainable for small businesses. It's unsustainable for your communities. It's unsustainable for our state, local, and national budgets. [...]

"We have to do this in [federal-state-local] partnership, and I wanted to bring up to date on where we see it from here. The final health care legislation that will soon be passed by Congress will deliver successful reform at the local level. It will offer paid for investments that will improve health care services and coverage for millions more Americans. It will make significant investments in innovation, prevention, wellness and offer robust support for public health infrastructure. It will dramatically expand investments into community health centers. That means a dramatic expansion in the number of patients community health centers can see and ultimately healthier communities. Our bill will significantly reduce uncompensated care for hospitals." [...]

"The challenges we face, the health, the education, the education of our children, the economic well-being of their families, the safety of neighborhoods, all of this, all roads lead to you [counties]. The challenges we all face are too great though for each of us to face them alone. We need to form the partnerships, strengthen partnerships at every level of government and with committed and compassionate leaders to understand that the need to focus on the next generation, we need to focus on the next generation, not the next election.

The GOP has a health reform plan. The fact that you do not like it doesn't negate it's existence.
Repeal and Replace the Job-Destroying Health Care Law - A Pledge to America - GOP.gov

You know, I always prefer to read the legislative text. Can you link us to that? In fact, it's been a year now, I'm sure they've already marked that legislation up--how about a link to the hearings on that health reform legislation?

Let me save you the time. Their "plan" is to come up with a plan. Someday. "On January 20, 2011, the House passed H. Res. 9, a resolution instructing House committees to develop legislation replacing the job-killing health care law."

They have no intention of doing anything about it. Maybe next session, right? Just hold that football steady now...

it is impossible to have a logical debate with someone like you who is intent on parroting whatever their liberal masters tell them, regardless of the facts presented.

:laugh:

Get over yourself. You tried an ill-thought-out cheap shot at a political you leader you don't like based on a speech you never read and a context you apparently don't have the patience to comprehend. If you're trying to impress me you'll have to work a lot harder.

Forum List

Back