Can Republicans win with a message of "Let Him Die"?

You don't have to say the exact words to get the meaning across.

Oh, I missed this!!

Say what Dean, REALLY?

I sure could run with this...

Run with it. Go ahead.

Blitzer asked, "Let him die?" and Paul said no, that the church could take care of him.

How is that not a death sentence? Churches are prepared to take care of a man in a coma for at least 6 months? That was the time mentioned. It's ridiculous. Would you want to be taken care of by a church while you are in a coma?:popcorn:

And Paul NEVER corrected the audience. No one on stage did.

The question I have for you is what is the Republican plan for people without health care. You want to "run with" what you insist wasn't said, but what is THE plan? Are you one of those in the audience yelling "let him die"?:popcorn:

Remember "Run With It".

Not true.the moderator asked a question and some in the audience answered Yeah...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yva0VSN1_T4]Teaparty: Just Let Uninsured People Die (CNN GOP debate, Ron Paul) - YouTube[/ame]

All you had to do was go look. Ron Paul's answer was to let the church take care of him. Like churches have doctors and nurses. This was simply a "right wing Christian's way of saying: Let him die".

Ron Paul did not say that even in your vid!
How many religion based non-profit hospitals, stand alones, or 'chains' exist in this country?

Ron Paul does NOT correct the audience.

Let him die is right up there with

Booing a gay soldier in Afghanistan
Cheering for a high number of executions

Republican candidates are unwilling to stand up to the extremists in their midst

Let him die is right up there with

Booing a gay soldier in Afghanistan
Cheering for a high number of executions

Republican candidates are unwilling to stand up to the extremists in their midst

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xT1iMvTwYI]Republicans Cheer 234 Executions Under Rick Perry at GOP Debate - YouTube[/ame]

Next, they'll be telling us they were cheering "something else".

Voters are concerned mainly with the economy and jobs. While Obama toured the country in support of a real plan - his jobs bill - and pushed congressional Republicans to pass it (which of course, they didn't), the Republican presidential candidates were busy sucking up to the rabid right-wing base with talk of abortion, gays, corporations and "personal responsibility". Obama's relatively good poll numbers are a good indication that the GOP's own words are pushing voters away from them.

You think Obama's poll numbers are "good"?

Obama may prevail because the GOP candidates are so awful, but that's hardly an endorsement of his Jobs Plan, which is just warmed over stimulus.

Obama has to get manufacturing back. That should be his goal. If he isn't doing that, the rest of this conversation is sort of pointless.

Considering the UE numbers and the state of the economy, yes, Obama's poll numbers are good. I agree that manufacturing needs to come back, but we are no longer a manufacturing society; we are a consumer society. But, yeah, let's bring it back. But Obama can't do it alone; and after 3 years, it's quite obvious to even the average observer that the GOP has no interest in working with Dems or Obama. Remember McConnell's number one goal? He said it.

When people have money, they spend it. One way to give people money is to give them jobs. Which is exactly what Obama's jobs bill offered. Call them temp construction jobs. Call them what you wish, but at least he has a plan. What has the GOP offered? Repeal the ACA? Give more tax cuts to the rich? Cut UE benefits? That's going to create jobs? I don't think so. And I think that most Americans agree with me.

Obama doesn't have a plan or a clue, Jose. If he had a REAL plan he wouldn't be pedaling a watered down version of the first stimulus. His "plan" was for us to go further into debt in order to prop up unemployment numbers just enough for him to get reelected.

What the OP meant to say was...
The three most popular phrases that came out of my ass...

"Let Him Die".

"Corporations are People, my friend".

"End Obamacare".

Those phrases came out of your ass? Wow, you must be a really big "ass".

Last edited by a moderator:
Teaparty: Just Let Uninsured People Die (CNN GOP debate, Ron Paul) - YouTube

All you had to do was go look. Ron Paul's answer was to let the church take care of him. Like churches have doctors and nurses. This was simply a "right wing Christian's way of saying: Let him die".

Ron Paul did not say that even in your vid!
How many religion based non-profit hospitals, stand alones, or 'chains' exist in this country?

Ron Paul does NOT correct the audience.

Ron Paul says "No" after the idiots said 'YAY"!

He STILL did NOT say "Let them die", no matter how many times you want to say he did.

Oh, I missed this!!

Say what Dean, REALLY?

Run with it. Go ahead.

Blitzer asked, "Let him die?" and Paul said no, that the church could take care of him.

How is that not a death sentence? Churches are prepared to take care of a man in a coma for at least 6 months? That was the time mentioned. It's ridiculous. Would you want to be taken care of by a church while you are in a coma?:popcorn:

The question I have for you is what is the Republican plan for people without health care. You want to "run with" what you insist wasn't said, but what is THE plan? Are you one of those in the audience yelling "let him die"?:popcorn:

Remember "Run With It".

REALLY? :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

Run with it...:lol:

I said I could...by doing so I would be twisting , strangling and parsing words or lack of, into 'what they really meant to say'.
I don't play that way.

Paul said when he was a practicing Doc, there was no Medicaid, that churches took care of families.

Which is why I asked YOU the question, how many religious based churches are there in this country? A question you still haven't answered.

The clip you furnished is 'clipped', not continuous.

Nobody in the audience said 'Let him die' either...they said YAY! Remember?

If anybody needed correcting it should have been Blitzer for saying "Let him die?"

You don't get to change the question in mid stream.

Failed deflection btw.

Oh, I missed this!!

Say what Dean, REALLY?

Run with it. Go ahead.

Remember "Run With It".

REALLY? :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

Run with it...:lol:

I said I could...by doing so I would be twisting , strangling and parsing words or lack of, into 'what they really meant to say'.
I don't play that way.

Paul said when he was a practicing Doc, there was no Medicaid, that churches took care of families.

Which is why I asked YOU the question, how many religious based churches are there in this country? A question you still haven't answered.

The clip you furnished is 'clipped', not continuous.

Nobody in the audience said 'Let him die' either...they said YAY! Remember?

If anybody needed correcting it should have been Blitzer for saying "Let him die?"

You don't get to change the question in mid stream.

Failed deflection btw.

Save your breath Belle.

Deans another idiot just like TDM.

The GOP is evil. The GOP wants to throw grandma off a cliff. The GOP wants everyoe to die. The Dems are golden. They want to save all. Of course they have to use everyones tax dollars to do that but hey, whats your hard earned money for anyway??

I wonder if he ever really reads the bs he posts.

Voters are concerned mainly with the economy and jobs. While Obama toured the country in support of a real plan - his jobs bill - and pushed congressional Republicans to pass it (which of course, they didn't), the Republican presidential candidates were busy sucking up to the rabid right-wing base with talk of abortion, gays, corporations and "personal responsibility". Obama's relatively good poll numbers are a good indication that the GOP's own words are pushing voters away from them.

Obama may prevail because the GOP candidates are so awful, but that's hardly an endorsement of his Jobs Plan, which is just warmed over stimulus.

Obama has to get manufacturing back. That should be his goal. If he isn't doing that, the rest of this conversation is sort of pointless.

I have a friend who left Chicago and moved to Los Angeles to start up a company that "reworks" existing automation. I flew there and worked "booth duty" for his company at a trade show for Medical and Automation that was right down the street from Disneyland.

What was interesting was his was the ONLY company that refurbished existing automation. So what does that mean?

Say a machine pops out a plastic cap, closes the cap and puts 100 in a package. There may be very little to no noticeable wear on the actual machinery even though it's 10 years old. Many companies will scrap the equipment and buy newer equipment, but what they are really paying for are the controls, the pneumatic's and the solenoids and so on. This is where his business comes in. They replace PLC's with Windows based panel PC's that can be programmed with drop and drag programs. Programs much more complex that can keep track, identify problems and even determine a solution. When he finished with a piece of equipment, sometimes he can increase cycle time by a factor of 10 or more.

So what's the point?

Even Chinese paying $171.00 a month can't compete with automation. But he has had a difficult time finding technicians and engineers with the kind of experience he needs. He currently has 12 employees and plans on doubling that with the amount of business he's been getting. But he's even asked me to ask around to see if I can suggest someone who might want to move to Los Angeles. I've asked everyone I thought might have the experience of skill, but so far, they all have jobs and don't want to move.

The point is, we can't compete with the Chinese for minimum wage jobs. But Republicans, by slashing education and refusing to let America invest in infrastructure will guarantee we will never be able to compete.

I agree, education sucks in this country, but whose fault is that?

Mean old Republicans not spending enough? Sorry, man, we spend about $6000 per student in this country- More than any other industrialized country.

We are spending plenty of money. Unfortunately, it's being spent on teachers making huge salaries and not doing particularly good jobs because the unions make them impossible to fire.

The three most popular phrases that came out of the Republican Presidential Debates:

"Let Him Die".

"End Obamacare".

Runner up's:

"Get rid of the EPA"
"DeRegulate"
"Save Marriage"

Obviously, the Republicans aren't going for the "Middle Class", so who are they making the pitch for?

They can win. Especially if their "voter suppression" isn't taken seriously.

But what is the message?

What is the plan?

Is "end health care for millions of Americans" a real plan? Who pays when they get sick? And they will get sick. "Let him die" seems too far outside the mainstream. But is it? Is that a message Americans want to hear?

Governor Jan Brewer..and conservative heroine, actually did let two people die. She cut funding that was provisioned for 2 operations, that directly caused the deaths of two people. This was the death panel that conservatives were scaring seniors with. But I guess it's okay..to let young people die.

I have a friend who left Chicago and moved to Los Angeles to start up a company that "reworks" existing automation. I flew there and worked "booth duty" for his company at a trade show for Medical and Automation that was right down the street from Disneyland.

What was interesting was his was the ONLY company that refurbished existing automation. So what does that mean?

Say a machine pops out a plastic cap, closes the cap and puts 100 in a package. There may be very little to no noticeable wear on the actual machinery even though it's 10 years old. Many companies will scrap the equipment and buy newer equipment, but what they are really paying for are the controls, the pneumatic's and the solenoids and so on. This is where his business comes in. They replace PLC's with Windows based panel PC's that can be programmed with drop and drag programs. Programs much more complex that can keep track, identify problems and even determine a solution. When he finished with a piece of equipment, sometimes he can increase cycle time by a factor of 10 or more.

So what's the point?

Even Chinese paying $171.00 a month can't compete with automation. But he has had a difficult time finding technicians and engineers with the kind of experience he needs. He currently has 12 employees and plans on doubling that with the amount of business he's been getting. But he's even asked me to ask around to see if I can suggest someone who might want to move to Los Angeles. I've asked everyone I thought might have the experience of skill, but so far, they all have jobs and don't want to move.

The point is, we can't compete with the Chinese for minimum wage jobs. But Republicans, by slashing education and refusing to let America invest in infrastructure will guarantee we will never be able to compete.

Mean old Republicans not spending enough? Sorry, man, we spend about $6000 per student in this country- More than any other industrialized country.

We are spending plenty of money. Unfortunately, it's being spent on teachers making huge salaries and not doing particularly good jobs because the unions make them impossible to fire.

It's funny when conservatives talk about aggregate spending like it's real. We do NOT spend 6,000 bucks on every student. Students in better neighborhoods and districts get better facilities and teachers. And better outcomes. Students in crappy neighborhoods get crappy facilities and overworked teachers. Funding should be allocated so that "at risk" students are served better. It's not.

It's funny when conservatives talk about aggregate spending like it's real. We do NOT spend 6,000 bucks on every student. Students in better neighborhoods and districts get better facilities and teachers. And better outcomes. Students in crappy neighborhoods get crappy facilities and overworked teachers. Funding should be allocated so that "at risk" students are served better. It's not.

The OP was that we aren't spending enough money. We spend more money per student than any other country in the world save a couple of European ones and a lot more per student than the Asian countries do.

Spending per primary school student statistics - countries compared - NationMaster

Now if you want to argue that the money isn't being spent wisely, that's another issue.

The first thing you need to do is what any other employer does. get rid of the employees who aren't performing.

But the Unions make it impossible to do that.

The three most popular phrases that came out of the Republican Presidential Debates:

"Let Him Die".

"End Obamacare".

Runner up's:

"Get rid of the EPA"
"DeRegulate"
"Save Marriage"

Obviously, the Republicans aren't going for the "Middle Class", so who are they making the pitch for?

But what is the message?

What is the plan?

Is "end health care for millions of Americans" a real plan? Who pays when they get sick? And they will get sick. "Let him die" seems too far outside the mainstream. But is it? Is that a message Americans want to hear?

Governor Jan Brewer..and conservative heroine, actually did let two people die. She cut funding that was provisioned for 2 operations, that directly caused the deaths of two people. This was the death panel that conservatives were scaring seniors with. But I guess it's okay..to let young people die.

link please?

"Let Him Die".

"End Obamacare".

Runner up's:

"Get rid of the EPA"
"DeRegulate"
"Save Marriage"

But what is the message?

What is the plan?

Why are you bitching? This is exactly what Obama care is and will be.

Oh, I missed this!!

Say what Dean, REALLY?

Run with it. Go ahead.

Remember "Run With It".

That is exactly the point. Not a single person on stage stood up and said "we care about healthcare" "we don't want people dying because of a lack of healthcare"
Instead, they took the personal responsibility track......if you gamble and lose......Tough

Teaparty: Just Let Uninsured People Die (CNN GOP debate, Ron Paul) - YouTube

So, Ron Paul did not actually say 'Let him die'... that is your interpretation of what he said.

Got it.

No, Paul didn't say ......Let him die

What he said was:

"Thats what freedom is, taking your own risks"

Which is Libertarian speak for......Let him die

Forum List

Back