Can Republicans win with a message of "Let Him Die"?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by rdean, Dec 27, 2011.

1. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,869
    The three most popular phrases that came out of the Republican Presidential Debates:

"Let Him Die".

"Corporations are People, my friend".

"End Obamacare".

Runner up's:

"Get rid of the EPA"
    "DeRegulate"
    "Save Marriage"

Obviously, the Republicans aren't going for the "Middle Class", so who are they making the pitch for?

They can win. Especially if their "voter suppression" isn't taken seriously.

But what is the message?

What is the plan?

Is "end health care for millions of Americans" a real plan? Who pays when they get sick? And they will get sick. "Let him die" seems too far outside the mainstream. But is it? Is that a message Americans want to hear?

2. J.E.D

J.E.D What's tha matta?

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,576
    Voters are concerned mainly with the economy and jobs. While Obama toured the country in support of a real plan - his jobs bill - and pushed congressional Republicans to pass it (which of course, they didn't), the Republican presidential candidates were busy sucking up to the rabid right-wing base with talk of abortion, gays, corporations and "personal responsibility". Obama's relatively good poll numbers are a good indication that the GOP's own words are pushing voters away from them.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. JoeB131

JoeB131 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,973
    You think Obama's poll numbers are "good"?

Obama may prevail because the GOP candidates are so awful, but that's hardly an endorsement of his Jobs Plan, which is just warmed over stimulus.

Obama has to get manufacturing back. That should be his goal. If he isn't doing that, the rest of this conversation is sort of pointless.

4. Rozman

Rozman Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,687
    Which Republican on the stage running for the nomination said this.....?:eusa_hand:

5. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,279
    Ron Paul

6. J.E.D

J.E.D What's tha matta?

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,576
    Considering the UE numbers and the state of the economy, yes, Obama's poll numbers are good. I agree that manufacturing needs to come back, but we are no longer a manufacturing society; we are a consumer society. But, yeah, let's bring it back. But Obama can't do it alone; and after 3 years, it's quite obvious to even the average observer that the GOP has no interest in working with Dems or Obama. Remember McConnell's number one goal? He said it.

When people have money, they spend it. One way to give people money is to give them jobs. Which is exactly what Obama's jobs bill offered. Call them temp construction jobs. Call them what you wish, but at least he has a plan. What has the GOP offered? Repeal the ACA? Give more tax cuts to the rich? Cut UE benefits? That's going to create jobs? I don't think so. And I think that most Americans agree with me.

7. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,869
    What happened was Ron Paul was asked a question about a young man without insurance who had gone into a coma. Ron Paul basically said: too bad, he has no health care, that's his fault, we shouldn't have to take care of him. Dozens in the audience yelled out "let him die", which is a more straightforward way of saying what Ron Paul was saying. The question and Paul's response are available on the Internet for anyone who wants to watch it. If there is a different interpretation, I would be glad to hear it.

8. Grampa Murked U

Grampa Murked U Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,740
    Sometimes dean you can be a masterful troll. Alas this time your just a mumbling idiot.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  9. Intense

Intense Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,863
    Hmmmmm.....

Justice First!

Stop the Madness!

We are Overdrawn!

The Demons will never be Satisfied, they will never possess enough, Control Enough!

Just Say No! It's Your money! Say No! While you still can!

All Democrats should Wear Condoms, all the time, large enough to tightly fit over their heads! :D That Last one works for me. That's my official campaign slogan.

10. kyzr

kyzr Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +629
    What the audience yells out to show the liberal questioner that the question was garbage can't be called "popular GOP policy". If you don't buy health insurance and need hospitalization YOU PAY FOR IT, not Medicare.

Look at the auto industry and the "too big to fail banks" if you think Corporations aren't "people". They affect people lives more than government. They create jobs, and investments, and are what makes up a big part of the economy.

What part of "We can't afford Obamacare" don't you get. My fav democrat quote is "you need to pass the Bill so we can see what's in it"

The plan is "competence", as opposed to incompetence. Examples are the SC Boeing plant that cost Boeing $1,000,000,000 to build and can't use. Similarly, the Keystone pipeline, similarly mot releasing drilling leases all over, etc, etc, etc.
    What was done on Wall Street to keep jobs here (Glass-Stegall, etc)? What was done to repatriate $trillions of off-shore profits? What was done to go after off-shore tax cheats like Wellstone wanted to do? Cash for foreign clunkers.....then Solyndra......ACORN.....it goes on and on and on.....

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2