Can a logical 3rd party form on this forum?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by miller, Nov 20, 2010.

1. miller

miller BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17
    It appears to be impossible. I used to think that if a serious downturn hit America that people would wake up and form a legit 3rd party. I thought maybe thoughtful people would recognize the Democrat Republican Crime Family would be found out and disposed.

The mortgage meltdown, the TARP bailout, unemployment soared and nothing changed. You elected another liar who promised change and 2 years later we're in worse shape. You elected 60 more Republicans in the House and 6 in the Senate. You all love repeat offenders. Career criminals got elected to the Crime Family. They tell you bribes are free speech and you go right along.

Instead the tea party formed, a huge number of people registered independent but then they all voted for Democrats & Republicans. They failed to nominate decent choices and no 3rd party developed.

If there was a method to email each member on this forum and learn how many would create a 3rd party with just a poll to vote, we could get the ball rolling.

When you realize that there was a revolution that developed with no emails, no websites, no TV, no phones there must be something really wrong with the people in America. I'm sure I know the answer but I'm not going to piss everyone off this quick. Let's see what happens.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. RadiomanATL

RadiomanATL Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,836
    Logic and you don't really mix well.

So I'd guess "no".

3. loosecannon

loosecannon Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +264
    The entire political universe is stacked against a third party.

So of course it is possible to form one. But it is gonna take a perfect storm to let it succeed and truly challenge the organized criminal conspiracy known as the two party system.

I do have an idea tho about how to perhaps begin, something that we on this very board actually could do to get the ball rolling. Something that could definitely change our future for the better.

4. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,165
    Didn't you post this exact same thing two days ago?

Why would the party form on this forum? i mean dont get me wrong i love talking with everyone here. but you think we are going to control political discourse and office? Seriously? I'd be seriously scared if some of the people here got political power. My signature explains why.

More to the point. Perhaps you might be more effective if you explained what positions your third party should have. Perhaps you would be more effective for your positions if you actually discussed with people your positions rather than starting a thread, not responding to anything anyone says and then starting another thread lamenting the same exact things.

Just a thought I had. take it or leave it

5. bigrebnc1775

bigrebnc1775 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,830
    There is a legit third party already. It's called the second amendment. A lot of Americans are members of that group.

6. Charles_Main

Charles_Main AR15 Owner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,251
    I believe that if the Republicans fail to get the Message and do not govern the way the Tea Party likes.

The Tea Party may indeed become a real 3rd party.

7. loosecannon

loosecannon Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +264
    I dunno, the tea party began as a third quasi party and was immediately co opted. I don't know if it will ever be possible to extricate it from the bowels of the GOP again.

8. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    It is very difficult for people of either side to admit they have been wrong.
    They keep hoping the next candidate will actually fulfill their promises.

Me? I would rather have the most corrupt third shot to get the attention of the remaining ones to straighten up.
    NOt really, but tempting.

9. bigrebnc1775

bigrebnc1775 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,830
    The tea party doesn't belong to the GOP. It's the tea party way or the highway.

10. Immanuel

Immanuel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,224
    I believe that if those things happen that the people who supported Republican candidates who were supported by the Tea Party will find another reason to support those very same candidates. After all, they will still be better than the Democrats.

Immie