Can a logical 3rd party form on this forum?

miller

Rookie
Nov 5, 2010
Bridgeport, CT
It appears to be impossible. I used to think that if a serious downturn hit America that people would wake up and form a legit 3rd party. I thought maybe thoughtful people would recognize the Democrat Republican Crime Family would be found out and disposed.

The mortgage meltdown, the TARP bailout, unemployment soared and nothing changed. You elected another liar who promised change and 2 years later we're in worse shape. You elected 60 more Republicans in the House and 6 in the Senate. You all love repeat offenders. Career criminals got elected to the Crime Family. They tell you bribes are free speech and you go right along.

Instead the tea party formed, a huge number of people registered independent but then they all voted for Democrats & Republicans. They failed to nominate decent choices and no 3rd party developed.

If there was a method to email each member on this forum and learn how many would create a 3rd party with just a poll to vote, we could get the ball rolling.

When you realize that there was a revolution that developed with no emails, no websites, no TV, no phones there must be something really wrong with the people in America. I'm sure I know the answer but I'm not going to piss everyone off this quick. Let's see what happens.

The entire political universe is stacked against a third party.

So of course it is possible to form one. But it is gonna take a perfect storm to let it succeed and truly challenge the organized criminal conspiracy known as the two party system.

I do have an idea tho about how to perhaps begin, something that we on this very board actually could do to get the ball rolling. Something that could definitely change our future for the better.

Didn't you post this exact same thing two days ago?

Why would the party form on this forum? i mean dont get me wrong i love talking with everyone here. but you think we are going to control political discourse and office? Seriously? I'd be seriously scared if some of the people here got political power. My signature explains why.

More to the point. Perhaps you might be more effective if you explained what positions your third party should have. Perhaps you would be more effective for your positions if you actually discussed with people your positions rather than starting a thread, not responding to anything anyone says and then starting another thread lamenting the same exact things.

Just a thought I had. take it or leave it

It appears to be impossible. I used to think that if a serious downturn hit America that people would wake up and form a legit 3rd party. I thought maybe thoughtful people would recognize the Democrat Republican Crime Family would be found out and disposed.

The mortgage meltdown, the TARP bailout, unemployment soared and nothing changed. You elected another liar who promised change and 2 years later we're in worse shape. You elected 60 more Republicans in the House and 6 in the Senate. You all love repeat offenders. Career criminals got elected to the Crime Family. They tell you bribes are free speech and you go right along.

Instead the tea party formed, a huge number of people registered independent but then they all voted for Democrats & Republicans. They failed to nominate decent choices and no 3rd party developed.

If there was a method to email each member on this forum and learn how many would create a 3rd party with just a poll to vote, we could get the ball rolling.

When you realize that there was a revolution that developed with no emails, no websites, no TV, no phones there must be something really wrong with the people in America. I'm sure I know the answer but I'm not going to piss everyone off this quick. Let's see what happens.

There is a legit third party already. It's called the second amendment. A lot of Americans are members of that group.

I believe that if the Republicans fail to get the Message and do not govern the way the Tea Party likes.

The Tea Party may indeed become a real 3rd party.

I believe that if the Republicans fail to get the Message and do not govern the way the Tea Party likes.

I dunno, the tea party began as a third quasi party and was immediately co opted. I don't know if it will ever be possible to extricate it from the bowels of the GOP again.

It is very difficult for people of either side to admit they have been wrong.
They keep hoping the next candidate will actually fulfill their promises.

Me? I would rather have the most corrupt third shot to get the attention of the remaining ones to straighten up.
NOt really, but tempting.

I dunno, the tea party began as a third quasi party and was immediately co opted. I don't know if it will ever be possible to extricate it from the bowels of the GOP again.

The tea party doesn't belong to the GOP. It's the tea party way or the highway.

I believe that if those things happen that the people who supported Republican candidates who were supported by the Tea Party will find another reason to support those very same candidates. After all, they will still be better than the Democrats.

Immie

At least where I live there are established third party candidates available on every ballot. I know that may not be the case everywhere; however, where it is available we don't have to reinvent the wheel to oppose our two party plutocracy.

Imagine how different many of these posts would be today if Greens and Libs had displaced 100 - 200 Republicans AND Democrats from the House two weeks ago.

The internet could be used to convince millions of US voters to FLUSH Republican AND Democratic incumbents from their offices at ALL levels of government.

And...NO...I don't have a clue what happens next.

But I'm pretty sure many more Americans would be paying attention to the daily affairs of this Republic.

Sort of like the week after 9-11...

Me? I would rather have the most corrupt third shot to get the attention of the remaining ones to straighten up.

How could it be any worse? Even if they were *^%$#%^&ers from hell they would still be on par with the crappola that we have suffered under for the last several (5) election cycles.

And so far we are being offered Donald Trump and Sarah Palin as our next president???? Two reality TV stars? Where is Fred Thompson when you need a serious candidate as a write in?

We are way past the point of being a world joke.

The tea party doesn't belong to the GOP. It's the tea party way or the highway.

The tea party doesn't belong to anybody, but all of the tea party candidates who were elected are already being purchased by the GOP. The GOP will own all of them within 2 months.

At least where I live there are established third party candidates available on every ballot. I know that may not be the case everywhere; however, where it is available we don't have to reinvent the wheel to oppose our two party plutocracy.

Imagine how different many of these posts would be today if Greens and Libs had displaced 100 - 200 Republicans AND Democrats from the House two weeks ago.

The internet could be used to convince millions of US voters to FLUSH Republican AND Democratic incumbents from their offices at ALL levels of government.

And...NO...I don't have a clue what happens next.

But I'm pretty sure many more Americans would be paying attention to the daily affairs of this Republic.

Sort of like the week after 9-11...

ew, greens and libs, yuk!

Americans want leaders who lead like men. They want a father figure who makes them feel safe and instills confidence even if he is crazy or worse. They want a leader, an alpha male. We are after all just mammals and animals, smelly apes.

We need a mega alpha ape to lead us.

Greens and weenies aren't even on the table and they never will be. We will take a woman with balls before we take another effeminate greenie.

Obama was far too feminine and he hasn't mustered his tough enough persona to lead us thru hard times. Nobody wants a leader who negotiates with lions and tigers and bears. We want a bear killer. A lion killer, a tiger wrestling son of a bitch.

Ahrnold! He was actually an astonishingly good governator, and he would make a great president.

How could it be any worse? Even if they were *^%$#%^&ers from hell they would still be on par with the crappola that we have suffered under for the last several (5) election cycles.

And so far we are being offered Donald Trump and Sarah Palin as our next president???? Two reality TV stars? Where is Fred Thompson when you need a serious candidate as a write in?

We are way past the point of being a world joke.

Yep the world thought we would straighten up once Bush was gone.
Guess what folks the root of the problem is not Bush, not Obama not even our 2 parties.
It is US.
We are a bunch of fearful gullible foolish sheeple.

Not every single one of us but enough to keep the pooch screwed for America.

Last edited:
For a couple of decades I was a Libertarian. I worked on the Perot campaign in 1992 when I learned Perot ripped off a guy who sold the campaign T shirts. I began to attend Libertarian meetings on Mulberry Street NYC that were attended by weird people. That about did it for me.

In 2004 I got involved with the Green Party in CT. Again, another peculiar group of people who knew nothing about politics and gravitated toward counter productive ideas. The easiest way to form a 3rd party would be to take over the Green Party from the knucklehead losers who run it. The party has 10 established values that most people (except the right wingers) seem to like. The Green Party doesn't have many enemies.

If I was the Chairman of the party these would be my primary planks.

1) Ballot access and 100% public financing of campaigns primarily using C-span for debates and speeches. Completely eliminate bribery. No one can finance any ads or any other ways to receive kickbacks. If bribery isn't eliminated there will always be corruption.

2) Install the "fair tax" and completely eliminate the income tax. The income tax code would be burned.

3) Install an aggressive trade war. America is almost self sufficient. The entire notion of "free trade" is a complete con job that has destroyed the middle class and manufacturing jobs. Completely prevent all slave made goods under the 13th Amendment. That means no tariffs. It means no ship would be permitted to tie up and unload slave made goods. Quality legitimate products would be welcome. This would force the multinationals to source their supplies from domestic factories. In other words Honda, Toyota, and all foreign owned companies that employ American workers would be welcome and encouraged. There would be a building boom that turned our economy up on a dime.

4) The banking industry would be prevented from speculating on anything. We need very boring banks that make loans to credit worthy borrowers. Stock brokers could gamble like maniacs if they wanted. Reinstall Glass Steagall exactly the way it was before Clinton removed it.

5) Both wars would end tomorrow or sooner. Pull back all our troops from the entire world. Any country that fucked with the USA would be catching nuclear missiles launched from our subs. America would be completely neutral.

6) Taxes would soar by putting 30,000,000 people to work making useful products. Spending would drop like a rock. The budget would get balanced in a hurry.

7) Design health care exactly the way the VA is run. Anyone who wants to buy private health insurance is free to do it. But if no one buys health insurance and they all go out of business, that fine too. I go to the VA and I know it works great.

8) Mandate hydrogen vehicles. Exactly the same way leaded gas was prohibited. Generate hydrogen from water. I know for a fact the technology has been perfected and the cost would be less when mass produced.

9) Build a modern grid. Convert all trucks to natural gas. Build massive solar and wind projects to replace coal. Prohibit "mountaintop removal" immediately and force the coal companies to clean up their mess. I'd arrest the present management and charge them with mass murder.

10) All of these things would be financed privately. I'm a capitalist and an environmentalist. Our industry would have cheap clean fuel. We'd be the most competitive on earth.

11) A mandatory logic class taught in high school. People need to be taught to think rationally. I'm not going to write a book on here so that's it for now.

The problem with third parties in the US is that they are typically a break off of one of the two main parties that siphon votes from that party insuring the opposition party wins. What is needed is a party that will attract independent voters and those in the middle that have little leanings to left or right. In today's polarized political environment that's pretty tough.

For a couple of decades I was a Libertarian. I worked on the Perot campaign in 1992 when I learned Perot ripped off a guy who sold the campaign T shirts. I began to attend Libertarian meetings on Mulberry Street NYC that were attended by weird people. That about did it for me.

In 2004 I got involved with the Green Party in CT. Again, another peculiar group of people who knew nothing about politics and gravitated toward counter productive ideas. The easiest way to form a 3rd party would be to take over the Green Party from the knucklehead losers who run it. The party has 10 established values that most people (except the right wingers) seem to like. The Green Party doesn't have many enemies.

If I was the Chairman of the party these would be my primary planks.

1) Ballot access and 100% public financing of campaigns primarily using C-span for debates and speeches. Completely eliminate bribery. No one can finance any ads or any other ways to receive kickbacks. If bribery isn't eliminated there will always be corruption.

2) Install the "fair tax" and completely eliminate the income tax. The income tax code would be burned.

3) Install an aggressive trade war. America is almost self sufficient. The entire notion of "free trade" is a complete con job that has destroyed the middle class and manufacturing jobs. Completely prevent all slave made goods under the 13th Amendment. That means no tariffs. It means no ship would be permitted to tie up and unload slave made goods. Quality legitimate products would be welcome. This would force the multinationals to source their supplies from domestic factories. In other words Honda, Toyota, and all foreign owned companies that employ American workers would be welcome and encouraged. There would be a building boom that turned our economy up on a dime.

4) The banking industry would be prevented from speculating on anything. We need very boring banks that make loans to credit worthy borrowers. Stock brokers could gamble like maniacs if they wanted. Reinstall Glass Steagall exactly the way it was before Clinton removed it.

5) Both wars would end tomorrow or sooner. Pull back all our troops from the entire world. Any country that fucked with the USA would be catching nuclear missiles launched from our subs. America would be completely neutral.

6) Taxes would soar by putting 30,000,000 people to work making useful products. Spending would drop like a rock. The budget would get balanced in a hurry.

7) Design health care exactly the way the VA is run. Anyone who wants to buy private health insurance is free to do it. But if no one buys health insurance and they all go out of business, that fine too. I go to the VA and I know it works great.

8) Mandate hydrogen vehicles. Exactly the same way leaded gas was prohibited. Generate hydrogen from water. I know for a fact the technology has been perfected and the cost would be less when mass produced.

9) Build a modern grid. Convert all trucks to natural gas. Build massive solar and wind projects to replace coal. Prohibit "mountaintop removal" immediately and force the coal companies to clean up their mess. I'd arrest the present management and charge them with mass murder.

10) All of these things would be financed privately. I'm a capitalist and an environmentalist. Our industry would have cheap clean fuel. We'd be the most competitive on earth.

11) A mandatory logic class taught in high school. People need to be taught to think rationally. I'm not going to write a book on here so that's it for now.

Excellent post! #8 was crap but you are still learning.

You wanna run for president of this new party?

Forum List

Back