Caitlin Clark

There are few athletes in history that lift the level of their sport. She got millions of men to watch women's college basketball for the first time and I'm one of them.
Me too. First women’s college basketball game I watched

Iowa going back to the National Championship.

They put hard pressure and double teams on Caitlin but its a team sport and the rest of the team stepped up.

A very good game and I thought they were going to lose in the end but held on.

I'm sure people are going to lie about the O foul committed by UConn, but she threw an elbow, hell the entire arm and it was a clean call.

Go Hawkeyes!

She's bringing TONS of interest to NCAA women's basketball.

My 2 cents:
  • The woke ESPN media is claiming victory that women's basketball is now "here" and it's a social movement while I'd assume now that Clarke is gone the numbers will go down next year... and they'll go down alot.
  • Woke personalities asking how Clarke couldn't be successful in the NBA are being purposefully stupid to appease the feminist movement. Clarke can absolutely dominate against other women. In the NBA, even if she can shoot, the fact that any NBA player can cut off any drive attempt by her and thus be heavily contesting or blocking any shot attempt would neutralize her offensive game, and that's not even mentioning the universal-sized liability she'd be on defense.

Also, we're seeing the black sports media completely play the race card, saying that the ONLY reason the rise in interest of Clarke is because she's white.

You can't even enjoy sports movements anymore... wokism moves in immediately and makes it nasty and angry. It's great to see a star come through the NCAA women's college ranks that ignites interest. I'm all for it. Conservatives love the meritocracy.

No one knows how her game will translate to the WNBA. One consideration is that it will mean big dollars to the league if Clark can be a top player. They want more sales and higher ticket prices and salaries. Clark can deliver that so don't be surprised if defenses give her some leeway to drop those bombs. That's what got the public interested in the first place. She doesn't just make a lot of 3s, she makes them from an average of 26 feet.

She's bringing TONS of interest to NCAA women's basketball.

My 2 cents:
  • The woke ESPN media is claiming victory that women's basketball is now "here" and it's a social movement while I'd assume now that Clarke is gone the numbers will go down next year... and they'll go down alot.
The women’s game isn’t good enough to draw people’s attention. It requires a story, and personalities. Clark and I think Angel Reece as well leaving for the WNBA will draw numbers down and I agree with you that it will be significant.
  • Woke personalities asking how Clarke couldn't be successful in the NBA are being purposefully stupid to appease the feminist movement. Clarke can absolutely dominate against other women. In the NBA, even if she can shoot, the fact that any NBA player can cut off any drive attempt by her and thus be heavily contesting or blocking any shot attempt would neutralize her offensive game, and that's not even mentioning the universal-sized liability she'd be on defense.

The answer is if she could she would. Even if she were just able to barely make a roster, sit in the edge of the bench and never play a minute she would. The min salary of the NBA is 5 times the WNBA salaries. Not to mention the endorsements. It’s just such an odd thing to argue. It’s not a knock on women that they are biologically not as big fast and strong as men.
Also, we're seeing the black sports media completely play the race card, saying that the ONLY reason the rise in interest of Clarke is because she's white.

You can't even enjoy sports movements anymore... wokism moves in immediately and makes it nasty and angry. It's great to see a star come through the NCAA women's college ranks that ignites interest. I'm all for it. Conservatives love the meritocracy.
It is an odd time we live in

No one knows how her game will translate to the WNBA. One consideration is that it will mean big dollars to the league if Clark can be a top player. They want more sales and higher ticket prices and salaries. Clark can deliver that so don't be surprised if defenses give her some leeway to drop those bombs. That's what got the public interested in the first place. She doesn't just make a lot of 3s, she makes them from an average of 26 feet.
I dont think she will increase viewership in the WNBA that much. She’s not that type of talent. She’s not a Jordan or LeBron where you go see the because the things they can do are just so physically amazing. She won’t be the best player in the WNBA.

I dont think she will increase viewership in the WNBA that much. She’s not that type of talent. She’s not a Jordan or LeBron where you go see the because the things they can do are just so physically amazing. She won’t be the best player in the WNBA.
Is Steph Curry the best player in the NBA? Nope. Fans love to see a great shooter and no woman has her range. Hard to say what her long term impact will be, it probably won't be as profound as what she did for the college women's game.

Is Steph Curry the best player in the NBA? Nope. Fans love to see a great shooter and no woman has her range. Hard to say what her long term impact will be, it probably won't be as profound as what she did for the college women's game.

Steph Curry by himself on a shitty GS team doesnt draw anyone. Clark is likely going to get drafted by the worst franchise in the WNBA. So while people might at first go see her it wont last long. Clark has been a very good shooter her whole college career. No one was really paying attention until this year because of the record, and because she was competing for championships. Neither of which will she be doing in the WNBA.

Steph Curry by himself on a shitty GS team doesnt draw anyone. Clark is likely going to get drafted by the worst franchise in the WNBA. So while people might at first go see her it wont last long. Clark has been a very good shooter her whole college career. No one was really paying attention until this year because of the record, and because she was competing for championships. Neither of which will she be doing in the WNBA.
Your guess is as good or bad as anyone's. She isn't just a very good shooter she is a phenomenal shooter. I've never seen a woman who routinely hits from 28 or 30 feet. She's a different level and that's what people will pay to see.

The answer is if she could she would.
Indeed, but that doesn't stop mainstream culture from pushing the narrative, despite it being ironclad truth that she wouldn't be able to.

Hey, the ball alone would be an issue against her. She'd have to learn shooting touch all over again with a men's basketball.

Meanwhile, her size and lack of quickness still completely stand. She would be picked on and scorched routinely, easily backed down and scored on/dunked on repeatedly.

Then "The View" would call the men "mean" and "sexist" for doing so LOL

Indeed, but that doesn't stop mainstream culture from pushing the narrative, despite it being ironclad truth that she wouldn't be able to.

Hey, the ball alone would be an issue against her. She'd have to learn shooting touch all over again with a men's basketball.

Meanwhile, her size and lack of quickness still completely stand. She would be picked on and scorched routinely, easily backed down and scored on/dunked on repeatedly.

Then "The View" would call the men "mean" and "sexist" for doing so LOL
Not to mention that her shot generates from her chest which would allow much taller and quicker NBA players to just swat it out of the air especially given her inability to elevate and lack of threat to drive to the hoop. Not to mention her height at 5'8" which would make her the shortest player in the NBA currently let alone among shooting guards (there's no way she could bring the ball up court) I guess it's possible she could be a "sit in the corner and shoot type player but as you've said she would be such a liability on defense there's no way her shooting would make up for it. Like I said before it's a very odd argument to make given that it's really not a knock on Clark that she cant compete against men.

Forum List

Back