Caitlin Clark

She's bringing TONS of interest to NCAA women's basketball.

My 2 cents:
  • The woke ESPN media is claiming victory that women's basketball is now "here" and it's a social movement while I'd assume now that Clarke is gone the numbers will go down next year... and they'll go down alot.
  • Woke personalities asking how Clarke couldn't be successful in the NBA are being purposefully stupid to appease the feminist movement. Clarke can absolutely dominate against other women. In the NBA, even if she can shoot, the fact that any NBA player can cut off any drive attempt by her and thus be heavily contesting or blocking any shot attempt would neutralize her offensive game, and that's not even mentioning the universal-sized liability she'd be on defense.

Also, we're seeing the black sports media completely play the race card, saying that the ONLY reason the rise in interest of Clarke is because she's white.

You can't even enjoy sports movements anymore... wokism moves in immediately and makes it nasty and angry. It's great to see a star come through the NCAA women's college ranks that ignites interest. I'm all for it. Conservatives love the meritocracy.

she probably could not even get off a shot vs. regular mens HS players? Perhaps?

But good for College girls. Yes. They shoot pretty good threes’ maybe play better team concept than some mens?

She's bringing TONS of interest to NCAA women's basketball.

My 2 cents:
  • The woke ESPN media is claiming victory that women's basketball is now "here" and it's a social movement while I'd assume now that Clarke is gone the numbers will go down next year... and they'll go down alot.
  • Woke personalities asking how Clarke couldn't be successful in the NBA are being purposefully stupid to appease the feminist movement. Clarke can absolutely dominate against other women. In the NBA, even if she can shoot, the fact that any NBA player can cut off any drive attempt by her and thus be heavily contesting or blocking any shot attempt would neutralize her offensive game, and that's not even mentioning the universal-sized liability she'd be on defense.

Also, we're seeing the black sports media completely play the race card, saying that the ONLY reason the rise in interest of Clarke is because she's white.

You can't even enjoy sports movements anymore... wokism moves in immediately and makes it nasty and angry. It's great to see a star come through the NCAA women's college ranks that ignites interest. I'm all for it. Conservatives love the meritocracy.

Black coaches like this (and 95% Black TV radio announcers) poison young Black minds early on 24-7. They are given a platform to use and abuse. Sickening to hear some.

She is the complete package.
Basketball-wise, perhaps.
IMG_7943.jpeg

Your guess is as good or bad as anyone's. She isn't just a very good shooter she is a phenomenal shooter. I've never seen a woman who routinely hits from 28 or 30 feet. She's a different level and that's what people will pay to see.
Not if they aren't winning and maybe not even if they are. Men do this at the NBA level all night every night. Why would I pay to see a shorter less athletic version of it? Especially if I don't have any interest in the sport otherwise? The average US sports fan can name 3 WNBA players not named Brittany Griner and they don't know her name because of her basketball acumen. I'd be willing to bet they can't name 4 WNBA teams. They might not be able to tell you the name of the team in their city. Nothing is going to change the fact that a WNBA allstar team would likely get beat by an above average boys basketball team and a really good one would run them off the court. Every dunk in WNBA history can be shown in a bit over a minute and these women can barely get the ball over the rim, with a smaller ball. HS boys routinely dunk the basketball. My son has never played organized basketball and he can dunk a men's ball. The gap in athleticism between men and women especially at the highest level is massive and people arent interested in paying to watch shitty sports events.

Not if they aren't winning and maybe not even if they are. Men do this at the NBA level all night every night. Why would I pay to see a shorter less athletic version of it? Especially if I don't have any interest in the sport otherwise? The average US sports fan can name 3 WNBA players not named Brittany Griner and they don't know her name because of her basketball acumen. I'd be willing to bet they can't name 4 WNBA teams. They might not be able to tell you the name of the team in their city. Nothing is going to change the fact that a WNBA allstar team would likely get beat by an above average boys basketball team and a really good one would run them off the court. Every dunk in WNBA history can be shown in a bit over a minute and these women can barely get the ball over the rim, with a smaller ball. HS boys routinely dunk the basketball. My son has never played organized basketball and he can dunk a men's ball. The gap in athleticism between men and women especially at the highest level is massive and people arent interested in paying to watch shitty sports events.
I'm not ever going to pay to watch a WNBA game either. That doesn't mean that the league won't sell a lot more tickets for more money than they do now. They will, just no one knows what the Clark effect will be. You are imposing your personal tastes in what you want to see on everyone. Steph Curry has millions of fans and he can't dunk, he can't block anyone's shot, can he?

I good friend of mine (who played four years of NCAA Div 1 BB) opined over dinner last night that if they dug up the mortal remains of Pete Maravich and deposited them at the foul line on a regulation court, they would beat CC 11-0 in a game of one-on-one. To speak of them in the same paragraph is a gross injustice.

Just one person's opinion.

I good friend of mine (who played four years of NCAA Div 1 BB) opined over dinner last night that if they dug up the mortal remains of Pete Maravich and deposited them at the foul line on a regulation court, they would beat CC 11-0 in a game of one-on-one. To speak of them in the same paragraph is a gross injustice.

Just one person's opinion.

but maybe not HORSE! Them chicks can shoot. But now Couch ruined it……smaller ball? Had no idea.

Caitlin is a part of contemporary female athletes bringing more eyeballs to their sport.

More power to them.

This girl is revolutionizing womens college basketball.

The head coach of the team that beat her thanked her. If it wasn't for her those games wouldn't have sold out.

Smartest thing Angel Reese ever did was give it back to Caitlin Clark in the championship game last year.

Caitlin is a part of contemporary female athletes bringing more eyeballs to their sport.

More power to them.

I asked these female customers last week if they were going to watch, no they were not or did not. I asked a co worker if he watched because I know he has daughters, they did not watch.

Women don't support women.

I like sports. So it was a compelling story. I may not like women's basketball but I like the sport and she certainly made it interesting.

This is a PR issue. The women of the WNBA need a better marketing team.

Make so tik tocks ladies!

I asked these female customers last week if they were going to watch, no they were not or did not. I asked a co worker if he watched because I know he has daughters, they did not watch.

Women don't support women.

I like sports. So it was a compelling story. I may not like women's basketball but I like the sport and she certainly made it interesting.

This is a PR issue. The women of the WNBA need a better marketing team.

Make so tik tocks ladies!
Sports is more male-dominated, both in participation and viewership.

I watch her against LSU and came away impressed with her passing. She’s a combination of Steph Curry and Magic Johnson
She would be warming the bench on a men’s final four team

The only female sport I watch is college volleyball because the players are better looking and more feminine

Forum List

Back