Caitlin Clark

she probably could not even get off a shot vs. regular mens HS players? Perhaps?

But good for College girls. Yes. They shoot pretty good threes’ maybe play better team concept than some mens?
Uconn, IA, SC, Purdue women would be almost every HS boys' team in America.

Yes, they really would.
A group of WNBA all stars would get beat by an above average HS mens team.

There isnt a group of women at any level keeping up with teams like this.

Every kid on that team can dunk. Essentially none of the women can. These "boys" are bigger, faster, stronger, can jump higher have better stamina, are longer, can palm the basketball, more lung capacity, bigger hearts, more blood volume, etc etc. It would be an absolute bloodbath if you paired the best college women's team against them. It is pure fantasy to believe otherwise.

A group of WNBA all stars would get beat by an above average HS mens team.

There isnt a group of women at any level keeping up with teams like this.

Every kid on that team can dunk. Essentially none of the women can. These "boys" are bigger, faster, stronger, can jump higher have better stamina, are longer, can palm the basketball, more lung capacity, bigger hearts, more blood volume, etc etc. It would be an absolute bloodbath if you paired the best college women's team against them. It is pure fantasy to believe otherwise.

Many HS squads the girls could beat, yes.

I haven't watched basketball, male or female, in years. I also don't get TV.

I decided to check out the hype and I watched the highlights of the last two games of Miss Caitlin Clark and her team. Nice to have hype based purely on ability and not identity politics.

Congratulations on a great college career, Caitlin, as well as her teammates for making it to the finals. I was impressed from what I saw with my limited expertise on matters of basketball.

Congratulations also to the South Carolina Gamecocks for their undefeated season. They deserved their championship.

No they really wouldnt. An average HS boys team would run those squads off the court.
I wouldn't take it that far, but certainly any playoff level HS boys team would be too fast and athletic for the top college girls to be competitive. Many of us remember how the US women's soccer team was beaten by a team of top 15 year old boys a few years ago. Same thing.

I wouldn't take it that far, but certainly any playoff level HS boys team would be too fast and athletic for the top college girls to be competitive. Many of us remember how the US women's soccer team was beaten by a team of top 15 year old boys a few years ago. Same thing.
I've seen women's teams play men's teams. There were some times when it looked like the women's team was better but lost anyway because they were concerned about collisions with the male players. Anyway...men's teams beating women's teams doesn't prove much IMHO unless it is non-contact(tennis, swimming, golf, etc).

Last edited:
I've seen women's teams play men's teams. There were some times when it looked like the women's team was better but lost anyway because they were concerned about collisions with the male players. Anyway...men's teams beating women's teams doesn't prove much IMHO unless it non-contact(tennis, swimming, golf, etc).
The point of the discussion is to show the disparity between men and women when it comes to sports. If boys can beat top women, point proven. Women are equal to men in the workplace, just not on a sports field.

I’ll amend.

Average to above average Division 1 HS boys teams would beat the top Women’s teams in the NCAA. The top teams in HS, Chino Hills, IMG etc would beat WNBA teams.

The point of the discussion is to show the disparity between men and women when it comes to sports. If boys can beat top women, point proven. Women are equal to men in the workplace, just not on a sports field.
Of course...and for the record...I'm not saying that the South Carolina women are better than the worst men's team in division III...only that if the women are shying away from loose balls to avoid getting hurt...it's not a very accurate analysis. I'd prefer an example like track, volleyball, or baseball(without ramming/barreling) where the results are not skewed by the risk of injury.

Forum List

Back