Bulldoze Puerto Rico

Estimates of between $40-$80B taxpayer dollars just to repair the island's infrastructure are outrageous. Why do it? Their leaders inept and corrupt borrowing already had American taxpayers $73B in debt before the hurricanes. And who's to say they don't get hit by another hurricane or two next year? The place is destroyed...why throw good money after bad at 3,662,102 people who can't run their own affairs?
dunno.gif

RTX3FCLB_vochow
These are images of Puerto Rico around the 1930's

9813d192114b0b4a4909d64bff8e4bb4.jpg
ff4b839cbf79cf24818c792ec1847152.jpg

th
th
th

And this is modern Puerto Rico. Except for the tourist sections. All we need to do is give them a bucket of nails and a few pieces of plywood or cardboard, and then everything will be back to normal.

perla.jpg

th
th
th

th
th
th

th
th

Estimates of between $40-$80B taxpayer dollars just to repair the island's infrastructure are outrageous. Why do it? Their leaders inept and corrupt borrowing already had American taxpayers $73B in debt before the hurricanes. And who's to say they don't get hit by another hurricane or two next year? The place is destroyed...why throw good money after bad at 3,662,102 people who can't run their own affairs?
dunno.gif

RTX3FCLB_vochow

I have to agree and every time it comes to a vote for PR to become a State it never passes.

Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free.

Every one of these US territories should be kicked to the curb. Let em take care of themselves. We in America do. Each and every time there is a disaster.

Kick em to the curb.
So how did Hawaii and Alaska go from territory to state?

They applied for statehood.

PR and the other territories can vote to become a state in the US but none of them ever vote for statehood.

Seriously I never understood why PR didn't become a tourist destination after Cuba went commie. Nevada? Seriously, Nevada. We used that place for nuclear and biological weapon tests.

dunno.gif

RTX3FCLB_vochow

I have to agree and every time it comes to a vote for PR to become a State it never passes.

Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free.

Every one of these US territories should be kicked to the curb. Let em take care of themselves. We in America do. Each and every time there is a disaster.

Kick em to the curb.
So how did Hawaii and Alaska go from territory to state?

They applied for statehood.

PR and the other territories can vote to become a state in the US but none of them ever vote for statehood.

Apparently they did many times, but their votes never succeeded. I don't know why.

On 2nd thought, since they are all US citizens, the best for Puerto Rico would be if they all deport themselves to like Florida, then declare the island a wild life sanctuary, and take in huge profits on exclusive hunting permits.

They can market it as the dinosaur island waiting to happen, like the Jurassic park. They look like that already anyways. :)

dunno.gif

RTX3FCLB_vochow

No way TH! It's already being speculated that if the PR's start to run to Florida they'll turn Florida blue and wreck it.

dunno.gif

RTX3FCLB_vochow

No way TH! It's already being speculated that if the PR's start to run to Florida they'll turn Florida blue and wreck it.

This may be exactly what the powers that control Trump / Hillary / Obama want. By the way, every state will be blue in like 10 years, because 90 % of people will only care about who will cancel how much of their student debts.

When Republicans say bulldoze Puerto Rico, I’m pretty sure they mean along with the people.

Look how many died in Puerto Rico and Trump called that a really good job, a really good job.

Next he’ll be saying he saw Republicans celebrating when it was announced 3000 Americans died in Puerto Rico.

I’m watching Peggy Noonan right now famous conservative Republican.

She saying that Donald Trump isn’t showing empathy or sympathy or understanding for what happened to these people in Puerto Rico.

And all I could think was hey These are Republicans. Republicans don’t show empathy or sympathy or anything like that. That’s all normal human emotions that have just bypassed the Republican Party.

These are people that want to take away benefits that keep the elderly out of poverty.

These are people that want to take away healthcare from children.

These are people who don’t believe in school lunch for children that don’t get enough to eat at home.

We’re talking Republicans. Why would they have any empathy at all for the Puerto Rican people when the guy they elected president is an out right racist?
When Trump said some Mexicans don’t rape he was including all Hispanics.
When Trump said a Mexican can’t be a good judge he was referring to all hispanics.

How do u feel about aid to Florida and Texas?

ZERO in common with PR....don't waste my time.

Texas and Florida didn't request billions in hurricane aid? Why throw money at people who can't manage their own affairs?

Q. Why

A. Empathy, and concern for children, the aged, infirm and others who have no say in how they are situated by family or government

I’m watching Peggy Noonan right now famous conservative Republican.

She saying that Donald Trump isn’t showing empathy or sympathy or understanding for what happened to these people in Puerto Rico.

And all I could think was hey These are Republicans. Republicans don’t show empathy or sympathy or anything like that. That’s all normal human emotions that have just bypassed the Republican Party.

These are people that want to take away benefits that keep the elderly out of poverty.

These are people that want to take away healthcare from children.

These are people who don’t believe in school lunch for children that don’t get enough to eat at home.

We’re talking Republicans. Why would they have any empathy at all for the Puerto Rican people when the guy they elected president is an out right racist?
When Trump said some Mexicans don’t rape he was including all Hispanics.
When Trump said a Mexican can’t be a good judge he was referring to all hispanics.

Just give that shithole back to Spain.

No sense in throwing good money after bad.

Texas and Florida didn't request billions in hurricane aid? Why throw money at people who can't manage their own affairs?

Q. Why

A. Empathy, and concern for children, the aged, infirm and others who have no say in how they are situated by family or government

As I read your remarks I am humming the "Battle Hymn of the Republic."

Q. Why

I simply repeated the question asked in the OP.

And so your response is just as true for Puerto Rico.

Q. Why

I simply repeated the question asked in the OP.

And so your response is just as true for Puerto Rico.

I was responding to your question: "Why throw money at people who can't manage their affairs". Clearly those who can't manage their own affairs are those I named, they who can and won't are a different sort; and the set first responders needn't go into harms way to say their sorry asses.

As someone who managed officers / deputies, I would never send them into harms way to save those who ignored evacuation orders and had a means to do so.

dunno.gif

RTX3FCLB_vochow
Let Puerto Ricans plan how to reform their infrastructure and restore their communities and lives.
Tom Horn what would you want if you were in their shoes?
Would you want people from the outside dictating to bulldoze down everything around you?
Wouldn't you want democratic participation in the process that affects you, your family, community and life?

Why would you wish or ask on others
something you would be horrified if other people ordered that on you?

If terrorists want to bulldoze your neighborhood and lifestyle, declaring it a total waste or loss,
would you ever agree to that?

You can agree not to accept foreign funding and dependency on taxpayers who disagree.
But wouldn't you want to be in charge of rebuilding your own community and future?
And be not at the mercy and whim of outside sources?

dunno.gif

RTX3FCLB_vochow
Let Puerto Ricans plan how to reform their infrastructure and restore their communities and lives.
Tom Horn what would you want if you were in their shoes?
Would you want people from the outside dictating to bulldoze down everything around you?
Wouldn't you want democratic participation in the process that affects you, your family, community and life?

Why would you wish or ask on others
something you would be horrified if other people ordered that on you?

If terrorists want to bulldoze your neighborhood and lifestyle, declaring it a total waste or loss,
would you ever agree to that?

You can agree not to accept foreign funding and dependency on taxpayers who disagree.
But wouldn't you want to be in charge of rebuilding your own community and future?
And be not at the mercy and whim of outside sources?

Winner: In short, why not consider the Golden Rule.

Why should the goverment do anything more than emegecy services in a natural disaster. People who live in areas prone
to disasters should be prepared for recovery from disaster conditions.

Forum List

Back