Broken record: Atmospheric carbon dioxide levels jump again: 424ppm!

Jessica-stormlover

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2021
Broken record: Atmospheric carbon dioxide levels jump again
Annual increase in Keeling Curve peak is one of the largest on record
Carbon dioxide levels measured at NOAA’s Mauna Loa Atmospheric Baseline Observatory peaked at 424 parts per million in May, continuing a steady climb further into territory not seen for millions of years, scientists from NOAA and Scripps Institution of Oceanography offsite link at the University of California San Diego announced today.

Measurements of carbon dioxide (CO2) obtained by NOAA’s Global Monitoring Laboratory averaged 424.0 parts per million (ppm) in May, the month when CO2 peaks in the Northern Hemisphere. That is an increase of 3.0 ppm over May 2022, and represents the fourth-largest annual increases in the peak of the Keeling Curve in NOAA’s record. Scientists at Scripps, which maintains an independent record, calculated a May monthly average of 423.78 ppm , also a 3.0 ppm increase over their May 2022 average.

Carbon dioxide levels are now more than 50% higher than they were before the onset of the industrial era.
Pretty freaking amazing. I can't see us avoiding at least 500ppm within within the next 80 to 100 years.
IMAGE-co2_data_mlo_060523.jpg

Thats because governments keep destroying forests.

I mean, shit.......Germany obliterated and entire forest just to put up fucking "windmills" for their bullshit eco agenda!!!!
HYPOCRITE MUCH?

I mean, shit.......Germany obliterated and entire forest just to put up fucking "windmills" for their bullshit eco agenda!!!!
HYPOCRITE MUCH?

Germany obliterated and entire forest just to put up fucking "windmills" for their bullshit eco agenda!!!!

Don't forget cutting down forests to build pumped storage.

HYPOCRITE MUCH?

Yep. They are idiots and will do much damge.

Wow. With that much of a naturally occurring and still very much “trace” gas in our atmosphere, I guess science can now tell us that we will see increased atmospheric heat and land heat and ocean heat isn’t moment now. How much? When? Uhm. Maybe not just yet.

Wow. With that much of a naturally occurring and still very much “trace” gas in our atmosphere, I guess science can now tell us that we will see increased atmospheric heat and land heat and ocean heat isn’t moment now. How much? When? Uhm. Maybe not just yet.

Pretty freaking amazing. I can't see us avoiding at least 500ppm within within the next 80 to 100 years.
View attachment 792044
Isnt that station near an active volcano?

Hawaii has five main volcanoes that are considered active: Haleakalā, Hualālai, Kīlauea, Mauna Loa, and Mauna Kea123. These volcanoes are part of a chain that began to form more than 70 million years ago on the floor of the Pacific Ocean1. Two of the world's most active volcanoes, Kīlauea and Mauna Loa, are on Hawaiʻi Island4. Kīlauea's last eruption was from 1983 to 2018, and Mauna Loa's last eruption was in 198414. Another active underwater volcano, Lōihi, is also near Hawaiʻi Island15.
Summarized from 5 sources and the web

move-along-nothing-to-see-here-gif.gif

Isnt that station near an active volcano?

Hawaii has five main volcanoes that are considered active: Haleakalā, Hualālai, Kīlauea, Mauna Loa, and Mauna Kea123. These volcanoes are part of a chain that began to form more than 70 million years ago on the floor of the Pacific Ocean1. Two of the world's most active volcanoes, Kīlauea and Mauna Loa, are on Hawaiʻi Island4. Kīlauea's last eruption was from 1983 to 2018, and Mauna Loa's last eruption was in 198414. Another active underwater volcano, Lōihi, is also near Hawaiʻi Island15.
Summarized from 5 sources and the web

View attachment 792047

Certainly looks like a lava flow area behind it.

Look at where 2005 is on the OP's chart...

From the late 1970s for the satellites and from before 1950 with the balloons, there was NO WARMING in the ACTUAL DATA from the atmosphere despite all that rising Co2, until the $20 trillion fudge job in 2005.

What that really proves is that Co2 does nothing, Co2 went up, atmospheric temps did not. We could increase atmospheric Co2 10 fold and it would still do nothing. IR is weak EM and it doesn't warm anything. THAT is the TRUTH of the DATA.

That demonstrates two things.

Those expensive agreements with weeks at Ritz Hotels etc. did nothing to stop Co2 increases. Those agreements are a waste of time and cost us a fortune. It is just a perpetual scam to bilk the taxpayer.

Second, it suggests that most involved have already figured out Co2 does nothing, and hence aren't doing anything to reduce it, other than meet and photo op and pledge "action" before zipping off in private jet.

View attachment 792044

Big whoop. You expect thinking people to care about a possible ONE DEGREE rise in temperature in 100 years...

What are you, an idiot?

Forum List

Back