BREAKING: US-Aiir jet crashes into Hudson River near NYC

This was a miracle. This pilot deserves the highest civilian medal available. He is responsible for saving over 150 lives today. Not only did he land the plane PERFECLTLY, but he went up and down the aisles twice to make sure that everyone got off of the plane. He was the last man off of the plane. A TRUE hero.

"The Presidential Medal of Freedom is a decoration bestowed by the President of the United States and is, along with the equivalent Congressional Gold Medal bestowed by an act of Congress, the highest civilian award in the United States."

the pilot and crew should get both. amazing

Presidential Medal of Freedom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
They should! The pilot did a couple checks of the whole plane before getting off and was of course the last one off. The plane had to be sinking already and he didn't just check once! It also shows that they trained their people very well and probably had drills for this sort of thing often. They did everything exactly how they are suppose to!

Great job by the pilot

2 consecutive years now that there hasn't been a single death in US commercial flight...quite a nice record we have.

Thank god everyone made it ok, hell of a job by the pilot.

I guess this means my flight for next month is pretty safe cause the probability of something happening again is slim to none

Great job by the pilot

2 consecutive years now that there hasn't been a single death in US commercial flight...quite a nice record we have.

Thank god everyone made it ok, hell of a job by the pilot.

I guess this means my flight for next month is pretty safe cause the probability of something happening again is slim to none
but dont you risk jinxing it by even commenting on it ;)

:lol:

All due credit to crew and passengers, but the police, fire, businesses, and private citizens reacted faster than anyone could have hoped. Reminded me of this:

'American Dunkirk' - TCS Daily

'American Dunkirk' Font Size:

By Glenn Harlan Reynolds : BIO| 13 Nov 2002

Discuss This Story! (0) Email | Print | Bookmark | Save

Two weeks ago I wrote about the need to adopt a broader approach to antiterrorism, one that would help the citizenry function as (in Jim Henley's words) "a pack, not a herd." This week I'm going to say a little more about how that should be done, though in truth it's already happening on its own.

In fact, one barely-reported story from September 11 illustrates this better than any other - the improvised navy that evacuated roughly a million people by boat from Lower Manhattan, in an operation that some have called an American Dunkirk. Ferries, commercial boats, and pleasure craft spontaneously assembled to carry people away from the scene of the attack, and to return with needed supplies:

People at Ground Zero, the Manhattan Waterfront, nearby New Jersey, Staten Island and Brooklyn waterfronts, and crews on the numerous vessels repeatedly used the phrases "just amazing," "everyone cooperated, and "just doing what it took" to describe maritime community responses. Individuals stepped up and took charge of specific functions, and captains and crews from other companies took their direction. . . . Private maritime operators kept their vessels onsite and available until Friday, Day Four, when federal authorities took over.​

but dont you risk jinxing it by even commenting on it ;)

:lol:
yeah really, he better knock on wood!
I don't freak out when I fly but I always have a small amount of fear. When I flew into Reno for the first time it was alittle nerve wracking since you just drop in there!

I wonder how long it will be until PETA sues the airline for killing birds...:lol:

This was a miracle. This pilot deserves the highest civilian medal available. He is responsible for saving over 150 lives today. Not only did he land the plane PERFECLTLY, but he went up and down the aisles twice to make sure that everyone got off of the plane. He was the last man off of the plane. A TRUE hero.

DavidS, you did a great job reporting this here. The pics were great too. You are correct,the pilot is a HERO, 150 people safe, and their family and friends relieved and happy.

They should! The pilot did a couple checks of the whole plane before getting off and was of course the last one off. The plane had to be sinking already and he didn't just check once! It also shows that they trained their people very well and probably had drills for this sort of thing often. They did everything exactly how they are suppose to!

We can't allow something to happen like it should. Give it time and someone will be bitching about what SHOULD have been done to prevent bla bla bla.

We can't allow something to happen like it should. Give it time and someone will be bitching about what SHOULD have been done to prevent bla bla bla.
yeah really, maybe the pilot was text messaging?:lol:

We should now bring all canadian geese in for questioning. We have them in are park downtown and those things are evil sometimes. They will stalk you!

Forum List

Back