BREAKING: US-Aiir jet crashes into Hudson River near NYC

Those ferry boats were already in the water and in the vicinity, though. The emergency services boats had to be dispatched from other locations. It makes sense that they wouldn't beat the ferries to the scene.

Yeah, but what about a rescue choppers or a rescue aircrafts? They could at least have dropped rescue boats for the people to survive in, because if the plane wasn't that strong (it would have broken in 2 or more parts) the people would already have been in the freezing cold water long before the rescue boats would have arrived.

I know their was already a chopper in the air but it didn't seem to have provided rescue boats or something similar.

Last edited:
I don't know where the first officer Jeff Skiles is from, very little has been said about him even though he was working very hard to aid the Captain to bring that aircraft down safely. I do know that the Captain, Chesley B. "Sully" Sullenberger III, is a red state guy from Texas......... great men are pretty common here. I would bet that he is a conservative, judging by how humble he is and how calm and professional he performed his duties. A lib would have panicked, asked why me and would have had to get the crap slapped out of him by the first officer or a flight attendant. :lol::lol::lol:

Sullenberger is a former fighter pilot who runs a safety consulting firm in addition to flying commercial aircraft. Purdue University spokeswoman Jeanne Norberg said Sullenberger is a 1973 Purdue (West Lafayette, Indiana) graduate with a master's degree in psychology.

http://www.wthr.com/global/story.asp?s=9685281

Have you ever been to New Jersey? The traffic is terrible. They'd have been tied up on the NJ Turnpike for hours if he'd landed there.

So I don't blame the guy to putting the plane into the drink.

He probably had something important to do later than day, and realized the traffic on the Hudson would be lighter at that time of day.
SorryI I forgot to mention he was going land at a small air strip in new jersey but he realized he wouldn't make it there but you are probably right about the traffic!lol
I have been trying to reach my friend who lives in New Jersey just across the hudson from New York, not sure exactly where since I have not been to her new apartment there.
And as for the pilot I don't think he was going anywhere also, I know the pilot that was the last one off jumped into the water because the plane starting going farther under and he lost feeling in his lower half for awhile yesterday.

Emergency services are one of the few things they do well.

But let's ignore all the people on the ferry boats who also aided in the rescue. :rolleyes:
the ferry boats were the first ones there I heard on one of the news channels!

Yeah, but what about a rescue choppers or a rescue aircrafts? They could at least have dropped rescue boats for the people to survive in, because if the plane wasn't that strong (it would have broken in 2 or more parts) the people would already have been in the freezing cold water long before the rescue boats would have arrived.

I know their was already a chopper in the air but it didn't seem to have provided rescue boats or something similar.
Those people were on the ferrys before they could probably get their rescue boats there. Like Paulie said the ferry boats were already in the Hudson and close by.
They pretty much did what they were suppose to do in that sort of situation and it also shows that they already a plan for this sort of thing and have probably had a few drills. In the end it shows that everyone was well prepared especially the pilot!

Those people were on the ferrys before they could probably get their rescue boats there. Like Paulie said the ferry boats were already in the Hudson and close by.
They pretty much did what they were suppose to do in that sort of situation and it also shows that they already a plan for this sort of thing and have probably had a few drills. In the end it shows that everyone was well prepared especially the pilot!

Wasn't that an amazing recovery? Bravo for that pilot! :clap2:

Wasn't that an amazing recovery? Bravo for that pilot! :clap2:
The fact that he set that plane down without breaking it part. Like I stated before one witness said it looked like a float plane landing.
Most of the time these pilots know exactly what to do! I remember watching a few years ago when this passenger jet I think was going to land somewhere in California and their front wheel wouldn't lower and the pilot set it down on the airstrip like it was no problem and everyone made it out with no real injuries. I could never do their job, I would be sitting the corner in the fetal position crying probably!

The fact that he set that plane down without breaking it part. Like I stated before one witness said it looked like a float plane landing.
Most of the time these pilots know exactly what to do! I remember watching a few years ago when this passenger jet I think was going to land somewhere in California and their front wheel wouldn't lower and the pilot set it down on the airstrip like it was no problem and everyone made it out with no real injuries. I could never do their job, I would be sitting the corner in the fetal position crying probably!

It certainly takes a lot of patience to keep your cool like that. I have a friend who is a pilot and he said it is just as difficult and dangerous to land on the water as the land with no gear...they are SO lucky the plane did not break apart, it is a testament to the skill of the pilot.

FTR, if I was a passenger I would have probably been as you described...those poor people must be still in shock today. That pilot saved their lives!

It certainly takes a lot of patience to keep your cool like that. I have a friend who is a pilot and he said it is just as difficult and dangerous to land on the water as the land with no gear...they are SO lucky the plane did not break apart, it is a testament to the skill of the pilot.

FTR, if I was a passenger I would have probably been as you described...those poor people must be still in shock today. That pilot saved their lives!
I am sure it is hitting them today about what could have happened! I am sure those pilots just go into overdrive and don't even think about what is really happening until afterwords. Then I bet they are like "Oh! Shit I just landed a passenger jet in the Hudson River!"
I remember at my last job when I worked with elderly people and the first time I found this lady on hospice who was about to die and I just started doing my job cleaning her up and calling the nurse and everything that goes into preparing them for when they die without even thinking about what was really happening until afterwords.

Like I said, the Captain couldn't be a liberal.

Like I said, the Captain couldn't be a liberal.
because only conservative can fly? Or he couldn't be someone who is scared to death of driving in the snow,rollercoasters which I do anyways but almost have an anxiety attack the whole time, or pretty much being by myself at night. That just makes me a scardy cat!

because only conservative can fly? Or he couldn't be someone who is scared to death of driving in the snow,rollercoasters which I do anyways but almost have an anxiety attack the whole time, or pretty much being by myself at night. That just makes me a scardy cat!
he went by your last sentence
LOL
it was funny

uh%20oh.png

OMG :wall:
the "life raft" is actually the emegncy ramp that inflafts, they dont have them over the wing exits, because there is a WING in the way

my god do the conspiracy nuts have to go into this already?

I saw folks with preservers, assumed they were thrown from one of the ferries. Their is video of such being done. Also saw many of the rescued, mostly men, without preservers.

Forum List

Back