BREAKING: US-Aiir jet crashes into Hudson River near NYC

Being reported here now, listening to radio reports. The bloke said it was an A320. Looks like the rescue operation is very efficient, that water must be very cold, I just hope they get everyone out safely.

Eyewitness says the pilot used the Hudson River as a runway. It was a miraculous landing according to eyewitnesses. This pilot is a HERO. I don't know how many lives he saved... but the chances of survival because of this pilot sound much much greater. People were scared about the plane's altitude because they thought about another 9/11.
That guy save not only the passengers lives but many others besides the ones in the plane by landing in the water. I guess he was only in the air for 6 minutes!

I guess it hit a flock of birds at 3200 ft and lost both engines and all 151 people on board made it out alive. These people better go buy a lottery ticket!

West Side Highway shut down. Cross town routes shut down. NYC is completely prepared for this. The effeciency and organization that they are reporting is absolutely incredible. This could really save lives if there are lives, hopefully, to save. They're reporting that the plane hit a bird big enough to show up on the radar.

That's on big ass bird ! Y'all need to hunt those bastards. :lol:

I think... oh my god, what a miracle. I think EVERYONE survived. There are people just walking off of the plane onto boats without a scratch on them.

That pilot is a HERO.

How good a pilot can he be? He DID hit the birds, after all....

Anyway, evidence that miracles happen. I'll bet there were quite a few people on that plane praying for one.

I wonder how many of them will never fly again? I think it would cure me.

Anyway, evidence that miracles happen. I'll bet there were quite a few people on that plane praying for one.

I loved the shot where it looks like they are standing on water.

but really the pilots did a awesome job of landing the plane! On CNN one eye witness said it was like watching a float plane land, saying it did smoothly. And that the new jersey ferry boats were there in two minutes. It shows that these people were very well prepared for something like this. I guess the pilot made a loop to prepare the passengers also. One guy also said is office building evacuated right away! I bet for a few minutes people were scared shitless watching the plane go down!

Do you know what kind of problem they have with birds at the two airports in New York and how hard it would be to avoid a flock of birds when you are flying an passenger jet of that size?

Forum List

Back