BREAKING: New bill opens Arctic Refuge to Big Oil!

"Elections have consequences"
- Saint Obama
yup and they’ve mostly been all negative.

Poor pajama boy! Do you need a tissue?

dear-butthurt-liberals-remember-these-he-wan-get-over-it-21725770.png

So do what Obama did. Strangle our energy supply hoping someday that a windmill will turn the lights back on, while selling our fuel to Asia to burn with impunity.
Global weather is the de facto excuse for the redistribution of our wealth. The environment has NOTHING to do with it.
You’re so full of shit it’s coming out of wherever.
Obama promoted clean energy more than any president before him.
I guess you think there’s a planet B we can go to when we ruin this one.

Of course libs. Give it to Putin. Because we all know that if Russia or China use it then our environment will be safe! Just like selling off our coal dirt cheap to Asian countries cleaned the environment right up! :eusa_doh:
Worst excuse ever for raping our beautiful wilderness.

Another knownothing that forgets Trump signed an EO giving Big Coal his tacit approval to dump their wastes in our rivers and streams..

Extraction can be done while minimizing damage to the surrounding environment.

Well I guess I was wrong about Lisa Murkowski, she's not a completely brainless Republicrat.

.... She actually is capable of coming up with a good idea once in a blue moon.
So raping our protected wilderness is a good idea?

If you want to characterize exploiting a highly valuable natural resource that's located in the U.S. as "raping our protected wilderness" , then sure, I got no problem with it.

Personally I'll believe you actually "care" about how all the oil you use gets to you when you actually stop using oil, until then it's just more hypocritical bullshit from a partisan drone pretending to put the environment over their own consumption.
Bullshit logic. You can still use oil without raping our protected wilderness areas.
How would one go about doing that?

He obviously doesn’t respect our environment by his systematic dismantling of the EPA.
...and obviously neither do you, unless of course you've changed your spots and sworn off fossil fuels and the plethora of other petroleum based products that exist in our oil drenched civilization in the last 5 minutes.

Well I guess I was wrong about Lisa Murkowski, she's not a completely brainless Republicrat.

.... She actually is capable of coming up with a good idea once in a blue moon.
So raping our protected wilderness is a good idea?

How does one rape wilderness?

Methinks wilderness is much more able to rape back if one is unprepared.

True, last time I tried to rape the wilderness, got poison ivy on my naughty parts, I don't recommend it.

View attachment 159731 View attachment 159725

Once again the GOP/ Trump are pushing their anti environmental policies and won’t be happy until they let the fossil fuel companies totally dominate the EPA.
The American people voted they don't care about the environment. Jobs and cheap oil are more important.
No, more people voted against that. 3 million more.
And a clean environment does not mean jobs will be hurt.
There are huge opportunities in alternative energy. Ask all the countries that are way far ahead of us in clean energy jobs..

There are huge opportunities in alternative energy.

Yes!!

Many low productivity "clean energy" jobs are created when we shovel enough taxpayer money out the door.

Ask all the countries that are way far ahead of us in clean energy jobs..

Exactly!! Ask Spain how that's working for them. Let me know what they say.

View attachment 159731 View attachment 159725

Once again the GOP/ Trump are pushing their anti environmental policies and won’t be happy until they let the fossil fuel companies totally dominate the EPA.
The American people voted they don't care about the environment. Jobs and cheap oil are more important.
No, more people voted against that. 3 million more.
And a clean environment does not mean jobs will be hurt.
There are huge opportunities in alternative energy. Ask all the countries that are way far ahead of us in clean energy jobs..

There are huge opportunities in alternative energy.

Yes!!

Many low productivity "clean energy" jobs are created when we shovel enough taxpayer money out the door.

Ask all the countries that are way far ahead of us in clean energy jobs..

Exactly!! Ask Spain how that's working for them. Let me know what they say.

Germany too which has going

back to coal

--LOL

Didn't Shell already try drilling in the Arctic Ocean and fail? How will failure help off-set the tax cuts to the rich? Better idea is to open the federal waters off Florida where there is a proven amount of reserves and it's much easier to extract.

Didn't Shell already try drilling in the Arctic Ocean and fail? How will failure help off-set the tax cuts to the rich? Better idea is to open the federal waters off Florida where there is a proven amount of reserves and it's much easier to extract.

Federal oil royalties from drilling on Federal lands will bring in Federal revenues.

I heard the senate subcommittee hearings on this on CSPAN.

An excellent question put by my senator, Angus King, was details. It is only 2,000 square acres, they said, that will be drilled. Is it all together or is it broken up, a well here, a well there? He also had some other pertinent questions, such as how does the drilled oil get to the pipeline? More pipeline, perhaps? The spokesman for the Department of the Interior didn't have answers to any of the questions on specifics. He said if Congress approves it, they will be careful. King asked how do we approve or disapprove this without knowing what is actually being proposed?

This is the caribou breeding grounds. One spokesman for the tribe living in the 1002 area said they were for the drilling; they want the jobs and the prosperity. Spokesman for Alaskan tribes outside the 1002 area said they were worried the caribou will stop breeding due to the disruption of the wells, and it will decimate the Native's lifestyle. Their diet is primarily animal proteins, including caribou.

When the area was originally designated a wildlife refuge, 4% was designated for resources exploration and drilling. Using it has been vociferously fought against by environmental groups. It was noted that a lot of land outside the refuge which HAS been explored is not being drilled. Why not use that first? There was no answer to that. The Interior Department guy didn't seem to know much, actually, and everyone else seemed to be pretty stuck on their political soap boxes.

Forum List

Back