Breaking: Dakota Access Pipeline to be re-routed. Protestors win.

Will they protest when it gets rerouted? After all there was never any danger to the environment or their drinking supply. It's all about stirring up resentment and standing up against "big oil" and "corporations".

^ Ignoramus Alert!

Pay attention to the news in your own country, you don't seem to have the ability to navigate American news worth a shit.
He is correct.
Really? Why don't you tell the people in Montana that.

Yellowstone Oil Spills Expose Threat to Pipelines Under Rivers Nationwide

Bridger Pipeline LLC was so sure its Poplar oil line was safely buried below the Yellowstone River that it planned to wait five years to recheck it. But last month, 3.5 years later, the Poplar wasn't eight feet under the river anymore. It was substantially exposed on the river bottom—and leaking more than 30,000 gallons of oil upstream from Glendive, Montana.

An ExxonMobil pipeline wasn't buried deeply enough for the Yellowstone River, either. High floodwaters in 2011 uncovered the Silvertip pipe, leaving it defenseless against the fast-moving current and traveling debris. It brokeapart in July, and sent 63,000 gallons of oil into the river near Laurel, Montana.

Both companies underestimated the river's power and its penchant for scouring away the earth that's covering and protecting their pipelines. That miscalculation led to the Exxon Silvertip spill and it's likely to be declared a significant factor, at a minimum, in the Poplar spill.

Such misjudgments have potentially troubling implications nationwide, since pipelines carrying crude oil and petroleum products pass beneath rivers and other bodies of water in more than 18,000 places across America. Many of them are buried only a few feet below the water.

Will they protest when it gets rerouted? After all there was never any danger to the environment or their drinking supply. It's all about stirring up resentment and standing up against "big oil" and "corporations".

^ Ignoramus Alert!

Pay attention to the news in your own country, you don't seem to have the ability to navigate American news worth a shit.
He is correct.
Really? Why don't you tell the people in Montana that.

Yellowstone Oil Spills Expose Threat to Pipelines Under Rivers Nationwide

Bridger Pipeline LLC was so sure its Poplar oil line was safely buried below the Yellowstone River that it planned to wait five years to recheck it. But last month, 3.5 years later, the Poplar wasn't eight feet under the river anymore. It was substantially exposed on the river bottom—and leaking more than 30,000 gallons of oil upstream from Glendive, Montana.

An ExxonMobil pipeline wasn't buried deeply enough for the Yellowstone River, either. High floodwaters in 2011 uncovered the Silvertip pipe, leaving it defenseless against the fast-moving current and traveling debris. It brokeapart in July, and sent 63,000 gallons of oil into the river near Laurel, Montana.

Both companies underestimated the river's power and its penchant for scouring away the earth that's covering and protecting their pipelines. That miscalculation led to the Exxon Silvertip spill and it's likely to be declared a significant factor, at a minimum, in the Poplar spill.

Such misjudgments have potentially troubling implications nationwide, since pipelines carrying crude oil and petroleum products pass beneath rivers and other bodies of water in more than 18,000 places across America. Many of them are buried only a few feet below the water.
Only in countries like Russia, North Korea, USA, China would that not be huge national news.

Well, in truth, it'd probably be reported in China.

^ Ignoramus Alert!

My own country? I am American dipshit.
Then please start acting like one
You first.

Flipping channels this morning FOX OR CNN reported it doesn't even cross Indian land......claim it's 2 miles away

Well it is their land and if they don't want the pipe line on it then re routing is the best alternative.

Hell. That's what I would have done the minute the Tribe advised me that they didn't want the pipeline on their land.

ND is covered with snow and it's very likely not a whole heckuvalot of work is going to get done on this during high blizzard season. Trump can easily overturn Obabble's interference in January.

Right, you're "in the military" like Tom Horn is a veteran.

Hilarious how every goddamn conservative on this forum claims to be either a veteran or in the military.

My DD214 says I'm a Veteran.....Your birth certificate says you're a miniature poodle.

Well it is their land and if they don't want the pipe line on it then re routing is the best alternative.

Hell. That's what I would have done the minute the Tribe advised me that they didn't want the pipeline on their land.
Its not their land.......time to protest is at the beginning.....this all theater of the absurd.........wonder how many fake vets are parading around.......

Another stunt by the Kenyan and Loretta "shit now I ain't gonna be AG no more" Lynch to drop a deuce on American industry. Notice none of the lazy leftists here will set foot anywhere near the protests....brrrr...too cold for their jammies. Trump will reverse the decision so enjoy the "victory" while it lasts, suckers.

It''s not on their land.

It''s not on their land.
and almost done......who pays for this Obama disaster

Last edited:

It''s not on their land.

I thought this was on the reservation and therefor their land.

It''s not on their land.

No its not on reservation land it just runs near it. A convenient omission don't you think.

It''s not on their land.

No its not on reservation land it just runs near it. A convenient omission don't you think.

Well if its not on their reservation then what the hell are they bitching about??

Forum List

Back