Breaking: Dakota Access Pipeline to be re-routed. Protestors win.

The Native Americans are another group that needs to get over it.
So they can run the pipeline through your backyard and you don't care?

i would rather have a stable pipeline running through my back yard

then thousands of rail cars running crude through it
They are not as stable as you would believe...There has been literally almost a 1000 since 2000.
List of pipeline accidents in the United States in the 21st century - Wikipedia

Good thing the terrorist have only been killing the gheys , Jews and Christmas party members...

bs they are much more stable then a rail car dope
I suppose, the real issue pushing abandonment of rail transport is the cost factor, it was around 50 bucks per car, but since the traffic is heavy for oil transportation it has skyrocketed to 1,400 per car....Even the ones without graffiti....

using your numbers that is less then 62 incidents per yer

the national statistics rate pipelines as the safest method to transport oil and gas

less then 0.0005 percent spillage

Breaking now. I'll post a link when I find one.

This is probably for the best regardless of who is in the right and who is in the wrong. It's brought too much controversy and was only going to boil over with the all of these veterans showing up to aid in the protest. Things could have gotten really, really ugly.

Protestors won't be dealing with any protesting as highs dip to single digits and lows go to minus 20s, wind chill. Sorta like all the protesting around the country. Winter is going to be the news this winter.
Winters are going to get worse because of global warming. Its very worrying.

True patriots.
No need to take selfies of themselves in their XXXXL camo gear and army surplus store accessories while posing with their AR15s.

They stared down the forces deployed by their own government against them.

^ Ignoramus Alert!

Pay attention to the news in your own country, you don't seem to have the ability to navigate American news worth a shit.

My own country? I am American dipshit.

Not anymore. You're a German now.

Are all military personnel stationed overseas?

Right, you're "in the military" like Tom Horn is a veteran.

Hilarious how every goddamn conservative on this forum claims to be either a veteran or in the military.

Hilarious that every conservative veteran gets accused of not being one by leftist idiots who more than likely never served a day in their lives.
I must be a conservative then....and those like you must be "leftist idiots".

Protestors won't be dealing with any protesting as highs dip to single digits and lows go to minus 20s, wind chill. Sorta like all the protesting around the country. Winter is going to be the news this winter.

Yeah like all those hurricanes globull warming were going to spawn....AHAHAHAHAHA

Good news but don't get hasty. Trump has ownership stake in that pipeline. They better make sure whatever deal they got for a reroute is permanent.

As seen elsewhere on the net, author unknown:

"It's also unlikely that Trumplethinskin will be able to overturn this. The financing for this pipeline was procured through contractual guarantees from oil producers who bought access. Those contracts were signed when oil was peaking a few years ago and have a clause that they are void if oil does not start flowing by December 31st. With oil at rock bottom prices their is no need or cost justification for increased capacity meaning few, if any, of the oil companies will be willing to sign an extension. By dragging this out and killing it in the 9th hour, Obama again proves he is playing chess to their checkers."

Yeah like all those hurricanes globull warming were going to spawn....AHAHAHAHAHA
It has more to do with winds than global warming...

From what I understand the GOP is pushing through a bill to support the oil companies and neutering the Sioux..

That would be a good start on Trump's promise to put American business over foreign nations.

I still mentally compare Trump to Andrew Jackson. We all know what President Jackson did to the Injuns. Maybe Trump will finish the job.

The Native Americans are another group that needs to get over it.
So they can run the pipeline through your backyard and you don't care?

i would rather have a stable pipeline running through my back yard

then thousands of rail cars running crude through it
They are not as stable as you would believe...There has been literally almost a 1000 since 2000.
List of pipeline accidents in the United States in the 21st century - Wikipedia

Good thing the terrorist have only been killing the gheys , Jews and Christmas party members...
http://www.tsb.gc.ca/eng/stats/pipeline/2016/01/p2016-01.pdf

Will they protest when it gets rerouted? After all there was never any danger to the environment or their drinking supply. It's all about stirring up resentment and standing up against "big oil" and "corporations".

^ Ignoramus Alert!

Pay attention to the news in your own country, you don't seem to have the ability to navigate American news worth a shit.
He is correct.

I would say they well proved their mettle. In sub-freezing weather they were subjected to water canon, rubber bullets, and tear gas. And just came back for more. They threatened nobody, no guns as at the Malhuer Refuge. They simply showed that they were willing to put their bodies in harms way to prevent the endangerment of their source of water. And, with the water problems that all people's are experiancing around the world, they struck a nerve. And recieved support from not only the indigeneious peoples from around the world, but from most people that value the land the live on.

Forum List

Back