Brain Scans Point to Homosexuality as Being Genetic

Toro

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2005
Surfing the Oceans of Liquidity
The brains of gay men and women look like those found in heterosexual people of the opposite sex, research suggests. ...

Scientists have noticed for some time that homosexual people of both sexes have differences in certain cognitive abilities, suggesting there may be subtle differences in their brain structure.

This is the first time, however, that scientists have used brain scanners to try to look for the source of those differences.

A group of 90 healthy gay and heterosexual adults, men and women, were scanned by the Karolinska Institute scientists to measure the volume of both sides, or hemispheres, of their brain.

When these results were collected, it was found that lesbian women and heterosexual men shared a particular "asymmetry" in their hemisphere size, while heterosexual women and gay men had no difference between the size of the different halves of their brain.

In other words, structurally, at least, gay men were more like heterosexual women, and gay women more like heterosexual men.

BBC NEWS | Health | Scans see 'gay brain differences'

Interesting, but how do they know that the brain changes don't occur after a period of time practicing gayness (sorry for the awkward phrasing, caffeine hasn't kicked in). I'd think they'd have to image the brains of fetuses and compare them in later life to consider this "proof." Also, why didn't they also study bisexual people?

Some people are so obvious born gay that I marvel that this debate continues to interest people.

It takes a particularly vile kind of stupid to think that people CHOOSE to be attracted to the opposite sex OR to the same sex.

Those of us who are hetero...can any of us recall when we DECIDED to find the opposite gender attractive?

Or did we just find that attraction for the opposite sex manifesting in us one day?

If the latter, then why on earth would any of us think that gay people CHOOSE to be gay?

I mean, how fucking stupid and hateful must one be to imagine that other people choose their sexual preferences?

We didn't choose but we demand that others must choose?

Homosexuality is a normal subset of the human sexual condition. Always was, always will be.

Debating this issue with the nitwits who think otherwise is a waste of time.

They're not motivated by a desire to know the truth, they're motivated by the desire to feel morally superior to others.

This isn't obvious?

Given that it might be genetic/physiological I wonder what the evolutionary purpose is (if any)?

Evolution has no purpose.

Evolution merely has outcomes which work out (or not) in the long run.

It's an interesting observation... but now they'll have to sell it to the scientific community, instead of just throwing it out there to an ignorant public who'll buy it as fact.

It's just another homo agenda stunt.

I think that the constant presence of homosexuality among cultures of varying acceptance, proves that homosexuality is nature rather than nurture. We might as well be debating if southpaws are products of genetics or learned behaviour. There was a time when lefties were considered less than righties too. Yet, despite the social pressures to write with the right hand, we still have a variant sample of lefties rife in our population.

I think that the constant presence of homosexuality among cultures of varying acceptance, proves that homosexuality is nature rather than nurture. We might as well be debating if southpaws are products of genetics or learned behaviour. There was a time when lefties were considered less than righties too. Yet, despite the social pressures to write with the right hand, we still have a variant sample of lefties rife in our population.

So you don't Dick Cheney's method of raising his children is responsible for his lesbian daughter?

So you don't Dick Cheney's method of raising his children is responsible for his lesbian daughter?

not at all. in fact, one might just find the irony in his politics and his offspring prove my point.

to paraphrase John Kerry, "Lynn Cheney likes eating pussy like I do.."

From a policy standpoint, why does it matter whether gayness is genetic?

Can any of us really imagine a world without flaming gay men, or hyper-mascualine gay men, either?

In the first case, who would style our hair or design our women's clothing?

In the second, who would coach our young athletes or become eagle scouts?

If there were no gays in the world it would be a far less interesting place, folks.

Can any of us really imagine a world without flaming gay men, or hyper-mascualine gay men, either?

If there were no gays in the world it would be a far less interesting place, folks.

I fail to see why you bothered quoting me since this has nothing to do with the question I asked. Unless this is a round-about way of saying that it doesn't matter.

Last edited:

Well then why don't you walk on down to your local fag hang out and ask them if you can join in on one of their homo sexcapades, since you find it all so interesting.

YES....

neo-nazi-35305.jpg

As far as it being nature or nurture, so if it's something Genetic, then there most have been a "first" correct? So was it choice or genetic? If it is genetic, is it now considered a mutation to be gay? Do you have a mutation in your DNA that causes you to be attracted to the same sex? Is it a mutation of a gene that causes testosterone growth?

Forum List

Back