Boeing, unions, and the right to work

Huh!!?? Do you have any idea what the hell you are talking about? Who said anything about who decides how much who gets paid?

Have you been hitting on that doobie again?

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when you and your like-minded buds get together at the union hall.

Must be a real hoot.

:lol:

Yeah...How can we FUCK the TAXPAYERS for more in our pensions...

First of all, this was about private unions and the conservatives desire for a big, activist government that involves itself in private business contracts. But since you brought it up.....

I'm sure you can find extreme examples of huge public pensions but here's some reality for you.....

My wife has a Masters Degree and has been a school teacher for nearly 30 years. Her pension when she retires will be around $28,000 per year and medical insurance that will cost her around $450 per month ($750 if she adds me). Now bear in mind that she cannot collect Social Security, not even survivor benefits from MY Social Security. Yep, sounds like she's really gonna live it up!!

A good friend of mine makes about $25,000 per year guarding prisoners at the county jail. He and his co-workers have had prisoners throw shit and piss on them, spit on them and one guy once puked on him. Two guards have been injured with combative prisoners.

You seem to have a problem paying the people that pick up your garbage, squeegee your shit off the walls at the sewage plant, fix your roads so you can drive around and guard the prisoners that you demand to be taken off the streets.

These are people that have spent the last 25-30 years doing the work that many people would never do. And for the last 25-30 years they have been told, "This is what your pension will be". And now all of the sudden they are being told that "Forget what you've been told for the last 20 years. This is the way it will be now."

And to top it off they have morons like you calling them leeches and accusing them of "fucking the taxpayers". Well Fuck You too. You don't like it then haul your own fucking garbage, arrest your own criminals, take care of your own shit that you flush down to the sewage plant and fix your own damn roads.

Uhhh.....RTW laws prevent even PRIVATE labor contracts from forcing people to join a Union as a condition of employment. So yes, it's another government overreach that you are supporting.

There is no such thing as a "private labor contract" with a union. When employers aren't forced to sign contracts with unions, they simply don't do it. Why would an employer ever want to make a deal with a union rather than each employee individually?

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when you and your like-minded buds get together at the union hall.

Must be a real hoot.

First of all, this was about private unions and the conservatives desire for a big, activist government that involves itself in private business contracts. But since you brought it up.....

I'm sure you can find extreme examples of huge public pensions but here's some reality for you.....

My wife has a Masters Degree and has been a school teacher for nearly 30 years. Her pension when she retires will be around $28,000 per year and medical insurance that will cost her around $450 per month ($750 if she adds me). Now bear in mind that she cannot collect Social Security, not even survivor benefits from MY Social Security. Yep, sounds like she's really gonna live it up!!

A good friend of mine makes about $25,000 per year guarding prisoners at the county jail. He and his co-workers have had prisoners throw shit and piss on them, spit on them and one guy once puked on him. Two guards have been injured with combative prisoners.

You seem to have a problem paying the people that pick up your garbage, squeegee your shit off the walls at the sewage plant, fix your roads so you can drive around and guard the prisoners that you demand to be taken off the streets.

These are people that have spent the last 25-30 years doing the work that many people would never do. And for the last 25-30 years they have been told, "This is what your pension will be". And now all of the sudden they are being told that "Forget what you've been told for the last 20 years. This is the way it will be now."

And to top it off they have morons like you calling them leeches and accusing them of "fucking the taxpayers". Well Fuck You too. You don't like it then haul your own fucking garbage, arrest your own criminals, take care of your own shit that you flush down to the sewage plant and fix your own damn roads.

Please spare us the "poor abused public employee" crap
. It's a big world out there in the private sector. If your buddy the corrections officer didn't like the conditions/ money or both, why the hell did he stay in it for so long? Before you spew, I hear this " I wanted the state benefits"....
And please, "these are jobs most people won't do".....HUH?!!! That's the same argument the Left uses when they are challenged as to why our government refuses to stem the flow of illegal aliens. "They fill jobs Americans won't do". Horse shit!!!!!! Well tell your buddy to quit and let the prison hire someone who will.
Most municipalities are limited service governments. Meaning, these towns and cities hire private contractors to take care of trash collection, street light maintenance, water/sewer, fire protection is by volunteer firefighters as are ambulance corps. So you see, there is no reason to have huge government payrolls full of people who are "just doing it for the benefits and pensions". Oh, the best part.....Property taxes are much lower in these places.

Must be a real hoot.

I've been there. It's like watching a meeting at the local home for the retarded.
Had to go to the Painter's Union hall, to sign up for my book. I had to go through where the painters who were looking for work or waiting. It was a surreal experience. All I heard was bitching and moaning.
These guys made tons of money, great benefits and pensions and all they did was tell each other how shitty their jobs were.
I felt like telling these ingrates that " hey, if you guys want to quit , I know lots of guys that would be more than happy to take your job for less money and they'd be happier than a pig in shit"....Of course that would have started a riot. Not because my thought was incorrect, but because the union guys mentality is " that's MY job"....Actually that's wrong. The employer owns the jobs. Not the worker.

Please spare us the "poor abused public employee" crap
. It's a big world out there in the private sector. If your buddy the corrections officer didn't like the conditions/ money or both, why the hell did he stay in it for so long? Before you spew, I hear this " I wanted the state benefits"....
And please, "these are jobs most people won't do".....HUH?!!! That's the same argument the Left uses when they are challenged as to why our government refuses to stem the flow of illegal aliens. "They fill jobs Americans won't do". Horse shit!!!!!! Well tell your buddy to quit and let the prison hire someone who will.
Most municipalities are limited service governments. Meaning, these towns and cities hire private contractors to take care of trash collection, street light maintenance, water/sewer, fire protection is by volunteer firefighters as are ambulance corps. So you see, there is no reason to have huge government payrolls full of people who are "just doing it for the benefits and pensions". Oh, the best part.....Property taxes are much lower in these places.

Hmmmm.....my buddy the corrections officer said for you to kiss his ass. I never said he was unhappy with his job/pay. There are ceretain aspects he doesn't care for (like any job) but it's not too much to ask to 1) respect what he does, and 2) not tell him that you suddenly want to reduce his benefits after investing 20 years of his life on the job.

I served in an elected county government capacity for over 10 years. Many governments that have tried to hire out services to a "FOR PROFIT" company found that not only did the costs go up the service was poorer. The taxpayer was STILL on the hook to pay the PRIVATE company's employee pension benefits, social security taxes, workman's comp costs, etc. albeit indirectly.

Here's another rub. In many states an employee is limited by how much he can sue his employer. But that doesn't apply to contracted employees. In a neighboring county a contracted employee sued the school district and, since he wasn't a direct employee, was able to get an award of several hundred thousand dollars that the taxpayers had to pay.

I live in a volunteer FD district and served on it for 4 years. There is no way that a volunteer department can keep up in an area that gets calls all night every night.

Lastly, the county portion for my property tax bill is around $75 per year. Not too bad for police protection, county jail, courts and road work, eh?

On the surface what you posted may sound good. But the devil's in the details.

Class dismissed.

Must be a real hoot.

I've been there. It's like watching a meeting at the local home for the retarded.
Had to go to the Painter's Union hall, to sign up for my book. I had to go through where the painters who were looking for work or waiting. It was a surreal experience. All I heard was bitching and moaning.
These guys made tons of money, great benefits and pensions and all they did was tell each other how shitty their jobs were.
I felt like telling these ingrates that " hey, if you guys want to quit , I know lots of guys that would be more than happy to take your job for less money and they'd be happier than a pig in shit"....Of course that would have started a riot. Not because my thought was incorrect, but because the union guys mentality is " that's MY job"....Actually that's wrong. The employer owns the jobs. Not the worker.

At least you showed some intelligence. Had you "popped off" you probably would have gotten an ass whooping. But it sure sucks having to go through life being too afraid to speak your mind, eh?

I have a general question-

let us suppose for a moment that the Boeing board decided to close all operations in Washington and move it all to SC, why should this be against the law?

It shouldn't. I'm about as pro-labor as you can get, and I think this shit with Boeing and the unions is bullshit. Boeing can open a factory wherever they want.

Well, that answers my question. Thanks. :laugh:

I have a general question-

let us suppose for a moment that the Boeing board decided to close all operations in Washington and move it all to SC, why should this be against the law?

It shouldn't. I'm about as pro-labor as you can get, and I think this shit with Boeing and the unions is bullshit. Boeing can open a factory wherever they want.

Well, that answers my question. Thanks. :laugh:

And as "pro-labor" as I am I agree. That is an overstep of federal authority.

Boeing is throwing a hissy fit over past labor negotiations in which they lost.

They need to stay in Washington. Perhaps, some of you will think that I am this crazy liberal, but I am not.

If you really want to resort to free market principles, then you would be attacking Boeing subsidies and their intimate relationships with the government. Boeing does very well with the government. They also do very well when we fight wars.

However, "free market" Con fucktards can't admit to this fact. All they see is a Marxisxt depriving them of false liberty. These tailor trash people are fucking sad, including Boedica.

Nonetheless, modern day Conservatives suck. They worship the pentagon while paleoconservatives simply do not. There is no need to continue in our current groove of foreign policy which makes Beoing a cash cow.
Kid, you're an idiot.

As Reagan said, "There you go again". You were once briefly a member of the Carpenter's Union and that makers you expert enough to coment on ALL Unions? You truly are a wonder.

To how many unions have you belonged?

I have belonged to three (LiNUA, UMWA and currently the IBEW...you may look them up since you probably don't know what the letters stand for) over a 30 year span. And I have served in various officer and delegate capacities over the years.

But out govt is a consumer and has a right to buy planes and such from any source they want.
Be it union or non union.
Indeed. But the government does not have the right to tell a company where they can build those planes.

And I've said I agree with that.

Way back in this thread, I talked about working in a union shop. I was threatened with firing because I worked too fast and with too little down time. I quit the job over that because I couldn't work where even management didn't expect it's employees to excel.
I interviewed at another company a few days later and the guy interviewing me said "I rarely hire people out of union shops." I chuckled. He noticed and asked why I thought that was funny. I told him that after working in one, I could understand why. I told him why I quit and he hired me on the spot for more money, better benefits and a damn site better working conditions. In a year, I was making twice what I was paid by the union shop and within another year, the union shop that had been in business for nearly 100 years, was out of business.

Yeah, those union guys really stuck it to The Man, didn't they? :lol:

Forum List

Back