Black American Solidarity With Palestinians Is Rising, Testing Longstanding Jewish Alliance

Where does the "solidarity" come from? Is it about racial stereotypes or perceived victimhood political advocacy or anti-American revolutionary agenda?

A growing number of Black Americans see the struggle of Palestinians reflected in their own struggles for racial equality and civil rights.

Cydney Wallace, a Black Jewish community activist, never felt compelled to travel to Israel, though “Next year in Jerusalem” was a constant refrain at her Chicago synagogue.

The 39-year-old said she had plenty to focus on at home, where she frequently gives talks on addressing anti-Black sentiment in the American Jewish community and dismantling white supremacy in the U.S.

“I know what I’m fighting for here,” she said.

That all changed when she visited Israel and the West Bank at the invitation of a Palestinian American community organizer from Chicago’s south side, along with two dozen other Black Americans and Muslim, Jewish and Christian faith leaders.

The trip, which began Sept. 26, enhanced Wallace’s understanding of the struggles of Palestinians living in the West Bank under Israeli military occupation. But, horrifyingly, it was cut short by the unprecedented Oct. 7 attacks on Israel by Hamas militants. In Israel’s ensuing bombardment of the Gaza Strip, shocking images of destruction and death seen around the world have mobilized activists in the U.S. and elsewhere.

Wallace, and a growing number of Black Americans, see the Palestinian struggle in the West Bank and Gaza reflected in their own fight for racial equality and civil rights. The recent rise of protest movements against police brutality in the U.S., where structural racism plagues nearly every facet of life, has connected Black and Palestinian activists under a common cause.

Much more at the link below...

Black American Solidarity With Palestinians Is Rising, Testing Longstanding Jewish Alliance

It seems very logical to me that Black American solidarity with Palestinians is rising! What do you think?
It's a stupid comparison. The more accurate comparison is the fact that the Palestinians are in a group that are at least 10 times more populous then the entire international community of Jews. It's not the Jews persecuting the Palestinians It's the entire Muslim conglomerate persecuting the Jews.

A growing number of Black Americans see the struggle of Palestinians reflected in their own struggles for racial equality and civil rights.

Cydney Wallace, a Black Jewish community activist, never felt compelled to travel to Israel, though “Next year in Jerusalem” was a constant refrain at her Chicago synagogue.

The 39-year-old said she had plenty to focus on at home, where she frequently gives talks on addressing anti-Black sentiment in the American Jewish community and dismantling white supremacy in the U.S.

That all changed when she visited Israel and the West Bank at the invitation of a Palestinian American community organizer from Chicago’s south side, along with two dozen other Black Americans and Muslim, Jewish and Christian faith leaders.

The trip, which began Sept. 26, enhanced Wallace’s understanding of the struggles of Palestinians living in the West Bank under Israeli military occupation. But, horrifyingly, it was cut short by the unprecedented Oct. 7 attacks on Israel by Hamas militants. In Israel’s ensuing bombardment of the Gaza Strip, shocking images of destruction and death seen around the world have mobilized activists in the U.S. and elsewhere.

Wallace, and a growing number of Black Americans, see the Palestinian struggle in the West Bank and Gaza reflected in their own fight for racial equality and civil rights. The recent rise of protest movements against police brutality in the U.S., where structural racism plagues nearly every facet of life, has connected Black and Palestinian activists under a common cause.

It seems very logical to me that Black American solidarity with Palestinians is rising! What do you think?
They should be investigated for supporting terrorism.

Blacks have always hated jews. This isnt some new phenomenon. :cuckoo:

You, kemosabe, will jump on every stupid turd of contrived leftist propaganda shit on you, won't you? Just poop out some stupid shit right in your face and you run with it, no questions asked. What a moron!

So black Americans want to see Israel destroyed? Because most Arab elements in the middle east do not believe in Israel's right to exist. I don't believe that is the case with a majority of black America.

Forum List

Back