Bachman Says Obama Wrong...Waterboarding Uncomfortable

I guess Liberals are more concerned with the torture of Islamic terrorists than American troops, because I never heard them complaining when we were waterboarding our troops.

Liberals are so devout to their liberal religion, that they're willing to put themselves and other Americans at risk, if it makes for an opportunity to tells us how evil America is.

We do care about our soldiers

That is why we don't want to lower our standards and engage in torture. Treat your prisoners the way you want Americans to be treated

It sure is......those committing torture always find a way to claim the victim deserves it

Good liberal answer. Mere opinion and no evidence.

Common excuses for those engaging in torture

The victim somehow deserves it
The victim is less than human
It is not really torture
It will save lives if I torture

Which one do you prefer?

If your talking specifically about "waterboarding", then I would say it is not torture and I would use it if I thought it could save American lives. And whether the person deserves it or not depends on their wilingness to cooperate. If they choose not to cooperate then yes they deserve to be waterboarded. I would never consider the subject less than human.

I guess Liberals are more concerned with the torture of Islamic terrorists than American troops, because I never heard them complaining when we were waterboarding our troops.

Liberals are so devout to their liberal religion, that they're willing to put themselves and other Americans at risk, if it makes for an opportunity to tells us how evil America is.
I guess pro-war neocons don't care about America's image. They don't mind the Nazi stereotype we've been receiving for the atrocities we've displayed in these wars. :doubt:

If water boarding is merely uncomfortable, why would it be used to extract information?

As the one person, that I know of, in this thread who has actually been waterboarded you should read my opinions of it in my posts.

Basically I said it is extremely scary and you truly feel like you are going to drown but it doesn't do any physical damage.

If water boarding is merely uncomfortable, why would it be used to extract information?

As the one person, that I know of, in this thread who has actually been waterboarded you should read my opinions of it in my posts.

Basically I said it is extremely scary and you truly feel like you are going to drown but it doesn't do any physical damage.
Bingo!

Anybody who has been through S.E.R.E's can attest to that.

Funny thing is, these people, including McCain himself, relate waterboarding as being the Chinese or Vietnamese versions, which are true torture.....Our version is vastly different, period.

That is why we don't want to lower our standards and engage in torture. Treat your prisoners the way you want Americans to be treated

Did you ever complain about us waterboarding our troops? No you didn't.

HA to the idea if we stop the waterboarding, they will stop torturing our troops.

HA to the idea if we stop the waterboarding, they will stop torturing our troops.

If we water board others, we lose the right to object to our troops being water boarded.

I would not want my son or daughter waterboarded

If we water board others, we lose the right to object to our troops being water boarded.

Our troop are lawful combatins, they're not allowed to be waterboarded by anyone we're at war with because they are afforded Geneva Rights.

Terrorists do NOT have Geneva Rights, because they target civilians.

Geneva Rights do exist to protect civilians, not combatins, so if you give a terrorist the same Geneva Rights as a Lawful Combatin, then you're undermining the whole purpose of the Geneva Rights Laws.

I wouldn't want my son or daughter to be waterboarded either, but if they're terrorists, and waterboarding is going to potentially save civilian life, than waterboard the fuckers.

As far as if its appropriate millitary training, I have no idea, I didn't serve, and I don't know anything about orchestrating a quality military training program, but the point remains, that no one complained until we started doing it to terrorists....why is that?

Rightwinger, your whole problem is you're giving moral of equivalence of our troops to terrorists.

Its not right to classify this as, if we do that to them, then how can we complain about them doing something bad to our troops.

Our troop are lawful combatins, they're not allowed to be waterboarded by anyone we're at war with because they are afforded Geneva Rights.

Geneva Rights do exist to protect civilians, not combatins, so if you give a terrorist the same Geneva Rights as a Lawful Combatin, then you're undermining the whole purpose of the Geneva Rights Laws.

I wouldn't want my son or daughter to be waterboarded either, but if they're terrorists, and waterboarding is going to potentially save civilian life, than waterboard the fuckers.

As far as if its appropriate millitary training, I have no idea, I didn't serve, and I don't know anything about orchestrating a quality military training program, but the point remains, that no one complained until we started doing it to terrorists....why is that?

Oh....it's the old terrorists don't have rights bit

Vietnamese used the same argument for torturing our pilots. They considered them to be war criminals who did not deserve the rights of soldiers

Guess it depends on which side you are on

Interrogation Experts From Every Branch of the Military and Intelligence Agree: Torture DOESN’T Produce Useful Information | The Big Picture

sacky.jpg

I loved how the audience cheered in support of water boarding

Only Paul and Huntsman had the guts to call it what it is......torture

Torture is subjective.

It sure is......those committing torture always find a way to claim the victim deserves it

You damned right they do. It's the animal coming out in them. They more than likely pulled the wings off of butterflies and set cats on fire when they were young....not to mention killing sparrows and wrens with their BB guns.

Vietnamese used the same argument for torturing our pilots. They considered them to be war criminals who did not deserve the rights of soldiers

What the hell are you saying? That its up to interpretation of who are the terrorists, between American troops and Al-Queda?????

If our troops commit violence against civilians, then they will be charged with war crimes, but the entire purpose of the military mission isn't to kill innocents, otherwise the country can be bought up on charges.

If you want to give terrorists the same rights as our troops, than you're undermining laws that exist that protects civilians, period.

And the question you have no answer for, is why did this only become torture when we started doing it to the enemy??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

What the hell are you saying? That its up to interpretation of who are the terrorists, between American troops and Al-Queda?????

If our troops commit violence against civilians, then they will be charged with war crimes, but the entire purpose of the military mission isn't to kill innocents, otherwise the country can be bought up on charges.

If you want to give terrorists the same rights as our troops, than you're undermining laws that exist that protects civilians, period.

And the question you have no answer for, is why did this only become torture when we started doing it to the enemy??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

You give them rights as human beings. That has always been our way

It did not become torture when we started doing it. Water boarding is condemned as torture around the world. In fact, we prosecuted Japanese for war crimes for engaging in water boarding

The United States is supposed to be the good guys. We lead by example. Engaging in torture does not set a good example

Forum List

Back