Bachman Says Obama Wrong...Waterboarding Uncomfortable

Cammmpbell

Sep 13, 2011
That insane bitch. I wonder if she would volunteer for it to show her committment.

That insane bitch. I wonder if she would volunteer for it to show her committment.

I loved how the audience cheered in support of water boarding

Only Paul and Huntsman had the guts to call it what it is......torture

Last edited:

I think they are getting the memo on that. Keeping silent during stuff they don't agree with makes them look unprincipled.

Have you ever been waterboarded? It really does feel like you are going to drown but its not that bad...at least after there are no lasting physical effects is what I mean by not that bad.

You ever been hit in the head with a bat? You ever been clocked in the eye with a tire iron? Ever been stabbed?

None of that really hurts all that much when it initially happens. So basically it's not effective torture.

Have you ever been waterboarded? It really does feel like you are going to drown but its not that bad...at least after there are no lasting physical effects is what I mean by not that bad.

You ever been hit in the head with a bat? You ever been clocked in the eye with a tire iron? Ever been stabbed?

None of that really hurts all that much when it initially happens. So basically it's not effective torture.

Yes i've been hit in the head with a bat along with waterboarded.

I would consider hitting someone with a bat to get information far more torture than waterboarding.....cracked skull, bruising, cuts, concussion, death all can/do result from batting someone in the head, waterboarding on the other hand leaves no physical damage.

I'm sure getting hit in the eye with a tire iron and being stabbed are just as bad if not worse than the bat thing.

John McCain has never made any bones about it. He said simply, "Waterboarding Is Torture." Of course what would he know...he only spent about seven years in a Vietnamese prison of war camp.

The Geneva Convention which America is a member of defines water-boarding as torture. Any American who believes otherwise is just another Fox News Sheep. Even GOP Moderate John McCain has come out and stated this. Why would anyone believe someone as uninformed as Bachman or Cain?

I would consider hitting someone with a bat to get information far more torture than waterboarding.....cracked skull, bruising, cuts, concussion, death all can/do result from batting someone in the head, waterboarding on the other hand leaves no physical damage.

I'm sure getting hit in the eye with a tire iron and being stabbed are just as bad if not worse than the bat thing.

^^^^^ to this post. I agree with Bachmann and only if there is a strongly suspected reason to do so.

Seriously, do the GOP candidates really think being for waterboarding at this point in time is a winner with normal American people?

The politicians do...it just goes to show how far out of touch they are. The only reason John McCain made a statement was because he knew what torture is and was

Mankind has slowly evolved away from public stoning, pillaring, burning at the stake, crucifiction, racking, removing testicles, public beheading, etc. It was animal instinct and face it...if just one of those modern day politicians had even witnessed that sort of behavior they would have to spend a year with a shrink. It's easy to have an opinion about something of which one knows nothing.

Trust me on this. You ain't going to get much information from a person that got hit with a bat. I did. I was in no mood for talking afterwards. Same with the stabbing and tire iron thingie.

Part of the "effectiveness" of Torture is to either cause so much pain or fear of death that the person talks. That's what waterboarding does. It creates a massive sense of fear of death. Pulling a persons fingernails out would cause excrutiating pain without necessarily causing them to pass out. Which is why it's much more effective then a bat to the head.

That's why both those techniques are torture. And are "effective".

Forum List

Back