Colin Powell: Occupy Wall Street Demonstrations Are 'As American As Apple Pie'

No one I know is saying that the obnoxious whining sheep don't have a right to protest.

No one I know is saying that the obnoxious whining sheep don't have a right to protest.

Really

I noticed over the weekend the police are completely shutting them down and moving them in some places. Kinda like China if you ask me.

But then who said the rich and powerful couldn't shut down a bunch of whiners who wanted an education without going in debt for it. Who said they couldn't shut down a bunch of whiners who wanted a decent job with decent health care.

Who said they couldn't shut down a bunch of whiners who wanted to quit working before they are 70 years old. The rich have taken over our government and our republic.

Yea, well the concept of protesting is, but what these idiots are doing doesn't fall into that category. Taking over public and private spaces, spreading disease, letting rapists go unreported, crapping and pissing anywhere they want, refusing to feed the homeless not to mention costing the taxpayers and businesses thousands and thousands of dollars, are definitely not apple pie.

I used to respect Colin Powell, somehow he's becoming short sighted as he ages.

Colin Powell isn't a Republican. He's an asswipe.

He's not a far right hack but he is a Republican, someone dedicated to the Constitution not his party.

First, how can someone not be dedicated to the Constitution and dedicated to the Constitution?

Second, Colin Powell has a history of poor choices in regards to politics. I appreciate his service, but he is far from a good judge of character when it comes to politics, policies, and people.

Even you on the left think he has been easily decieved before in the past. Do you honestly think he can continually be wrong about things and remain a credible source?

There is nothing American about seeking to overthrow the Constitution and the Republic. Our liberty is what makes us American. Trying to overthrow that liberty isn't.

Really

I noticed over the weekend the police are completely shutting them down and moving them in some places. Kinda like China if you ask me.

But then who said the rich and powerful couldn't shut down a bunch of whiners who wanted an education without going in debt for it. Who said they couldn't shut down a bunch of whiners who wanted a decent job with decent health care.

Who said they couldn't shut down a bunch of whiners who wanted to quit working before they are 70 years old. The rich have taken over our government and our republic.

So you seriously don't understand the difference between protesting and camping on private and public property? You don't know the difference between protesting and rape, assault, drug abuse, vandalism, public defecation and urination, rioting, and encouraging violent rebellion?

Colin Powell isn't a Republican. He's an asswipe.

He's not a far right hack but he is a Republican, someone dedicated to the Constitution not his party.

There is nothing American about seeking to overthrow the Constitution and the Republic. Our liberty is what makes us American. Trying to overthrow that liberty isn't.

Really...what do you think all that stuff between 1774 and 1814 was all about. Tell that to Washington's continental army.

Really

When people violate public ordinances while protesting then should they not be shut down?

Everyone else who wants to use public property has to abide by certain rules so whouldn't the OW Sheep?

No one forced the sheep to go into debt. One can get an education and NOT incur debt but you don't want to hear that because you think you're entitled to an education. And the way to get a decent job is to have a marketable skill and be willing to go wherever those jobs are.

Every one of the OW Sheep could find gainful employment in Nebraska right now and make some damn good money. They could bust their balls for a couple years and work tons of overtime save up some money, pay down their bills etc. But they'd rather set up a shanty town and yell, "Gimme, gimme, gimme"

What's this sacrosanct retirement age thing anyway? I for one do not plan to sit on my ass after I'm 70. That's one sure way to an early grave.

Really...what do you think all that stuff between 1774 and 1814 was all about. Tell that to Washington's continental army.

They are the ones who established the Constitution and the Republic.

Our education system is seriously screwed up.

That "stuff" between 1774 and 1814 was NOT an effort seeking to overthrow the Constitution and the Republic.

That "stuff" between 1774 and 1814 was NOT an effort seeking to overthrow the Constitution and the Republic.

It was the exact opposite.

The fact that he thinks otherwise is disconcerting

The Americans came here to escape a corrupt church and government and when the British colonised us thank goodness some people had the balls to take our country away from them. We didn't fight fair. The British were accustomed to lining up and outnumbering armies. We fought dirty...we fought in a fashion very similar to the guerilla warfare fought by the Vietnamese. War is hell...whatever gets the job done.

The wealthy used to fight...now they don't want to get their hands dirty.

The Americans came here to escape a corrupt church and government and when the British colonised us thank goodness some people had the balls to take our country away from them. We didn't fight fair. The British were accustomed to lining up and outnumbering armies. We fought dirty...we fought in a fashion very similar to the guerilla warfare fought by the Vietnamese. War is hell...whatever gets the job done.

Nice diatribe. I guess. But does it qualify as your concession that "[the] 'stuff' between 1774 and 1814 was NOT an effort seeking to overthrow the Constitution and the Republic?"

Nice diatribe. I guess. But does it qualify as your concession that "[the] 'stuff' between 1774 and 1814 was NOT an effort seeking to overthrow the Constitution and the Republic?"

There was no constitution till 1787 when it was adopted by the states. We did declare our independence well before that but no cigar.

There was no constitution till 1787 when it was adopted by the states. We did declare our independence well before that but no cigar.

Yes. I know our history. I'm glad you have learned it since your recent extremely ignorant post.

Shall we go through the post YOU wrote and the post to which it was responsive to highlight your ignorance? Or, to save yourself that embarrassment, are you at last willing to acknowledge that "[the] 'stuff' between 1774 and 1814 was NOT an effort seeking to overthrow the Constitution and the Republic?"

Forum List

Back