About to be assaulted in the Bay Area?

Thinker101

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2017
Well, hopefully you have a “Bystander Intervention Card”. I'm sure, perpetrators will stop in their tracks if you show them one of these handy cards.

In the video, the young women demonstrate the process of requesting the free safety intervention cards from transit booth workers, of which there are two different versions. One of the colorful cards reads “you got me?” and is intended to be handed out by the victim of a crime or harassment to a bystander with the intention of garnering support from that person. The other version of the card states “I got you” and is intended for bystanders to pass to victims while they are experiencing an uncomfortable situation. The cards also list off some safety tips.

Bay Area Rapid Transit Distributes “Bystander Intervention Cards” For Women Frightened For Their Safety - The Publica

Well, hopefully you have a “Bystander Intervention Card”. I'm sure, perpetrators will stop in their tracks if you show them one of these handy cards.

In the video, the young women demonstrate the process of requesting the free safety intervention cards from transit booth workers, of which there are two different versions. One of the colorful cards reads “you got me?” and is intended to be handed out by the victim of a crime or harassment to a bystander with the intention of garnering support from that person. The other version of the card states “I got you” and is intended for bystanders to pass to victims while they are experiencing an uncomfortable situation. The cards also list off some safety tips.

Bay Area Rapid Transit Distributes “Bystander Intervention Cards” For Women Frightened For Their Safety - The Publica

So now two unarmed people can get stabbed or shoved onto the tracks or beaten with a brick instead of one?

That brings up an interesting point, are Californians riding BART or mostly New Yorkers?

So far only car thieves from Oakland or East PAlo Alto use public transportation to get anywhere, usually to steal shit and jack a car for the ride home.

When I lived there the public transportation system was worse than in Dallas or even Fort Worth when it came to trying to get anywhere in the Bay area. And forget trying to go hang out at a beach or even hike through the Redwoods across the Bay Bridge; the traffic snarls were 4 to 8 hours one way to get to any of them on Saturdays and Sundays. LA was far worse; then if you even made it to a beach all kind of human scum clogged the place up, and needles on the ground everywhere.

The problem is: If you hand such a card to a bad guy, he probably cannot read it anyway.

And if he can read it, it is highly unlikely that he is going to apologize to you. He lacks a conscience.

Needs more death cards for afterwards.

2LgD9auYfunGwviRj6mD1g.jpg

Holy shit. Please tell me this is a gag and that you just punked me.

Forum List

Back