AZ Welfare Drug Testing Cost/Benefit Ratio Is...

Your "little victories" hurt more than they help but they make you feel good that 23 people are no longer sponging off "respectable" citizens who are gobbling prescription drugs in record numbers.

I really feel sorry for you, such acrobatics trying to rationalize your pathetic position, got any more straw men in the closet?
OK I'll go at it from another angle, what specific problem do think this exercise has solved? From what I can see all it has done is provide a little sadistic glee for you people.

It solves the problem of them failing a drug test when they apply for a job. We want them off of welfare and working but how do we get them working if they can't pass a drug test. Welfare recipients on drugs will be o. Welfare forever since they can't pass a drug test when they are offered a job.
You do know that this policy of drug testing proved that the majority of people on welfare can pass the drug test, right?

However, they are still on welfare. :confused:

Then there should no problem doing this in every other state since it won't hurt existing welfare recipients .

Do you guys realize that if you apply for a govt loan they ask if you have ever been convicted of any drug offenses. Why can't we do the same for welfare recipients.

Actually, you can make that a requirement, but why stop there. Why not ask if they ever been charged with a crime?

I have a feeling that the numbers won't improve much. I think you need a breakdown of who is actually on welfare.

The ones receiving cashh are single mothers, skilled laborers that was recently laid off and a host of people that can't work, temporarily(due to injury) or permently.

If you think about it, they are the least likely to use drugs or perform crime. Many due to the list of consequences they face besides losing the cash benefits of welfare.

In other words.."these are not the droids you are looking for"

The republican concept of an adequate safety net cuts off food for children of a mom who smoked a little pot, which is legal under some state laws...and, there is no federal law involved in the subject of food stamps. So, mom spends a week in Colorado, smokes a joint, returns to AZ, and her kids go hungry.

The republican concept of an adequate safety net cuts off food for children of a mom who smoked a little pot, which is legal under some state laws...and, there is no federal law involved in the subject of food stamps. So, mom spends a week in Colorado, smokes a joint, returns to AZ, and her kids go hungry.

What the hell kind of mom leaves her kids at home at takes off to smoke fatties in Colorado?

How much legal onus would you, if you had you way, put on any drug user?

What the hell kind of mom leaves her kids at home at takes off to smoke fatties in Colorado?

Hey, I sure the Baby Daddy is there to watch the kids.

:haha:

I really feel sorry for you, such acrobatics trying to rationalize your pathetic position, got any more straw men in the closet?
OK I'll go at it from another angle, what specific problem do think this exercise has solved? From what I can see all it has done is provide a little sadistic glee for you people.

It gets drug criminals out of the system, it deters other drug criminals from applying, mission accomplished. No need to reply, I'm tired of your backhanded insults, get back to me when you grow the fuck up.
How about a real insult you fascist fuck face? How much legally obtained opiates do you take for your "bad back"? Nearly everyone does drugs, quit acting like there is some sort of difference between the bottle of lortabs you get from a doctor and a shot of heroin. Half of America would be downtown looking for a pusher if the legal drugs dried up.

I'll be nice and actually answer you question, despite you being a totally ignorant piece of shit. The answer is ZERO and I guess I don't know your half of America because I don't know anyone who does. Just keep on making an ass out of yourself making assumptions about people you have no first hand knowledge of, it's turning out to be pretty good entertainment.

Wow, it sounds like someone is deeply invested in rationalizing some drug use.

I don't do any drugs, other than a glass of wine or a bottle of beer now and again.

Middle class whites, baby. Our lives rock. Gaze upon our glory and envy us.

Oh boy! Another ignorant individual chimes in about people they have no first hand knowledge of. FYI I don't drink either. I guess that just makes me a boring person who just takes care of business.

Yep, irresponsible people rarely consider the consequences before they screw up.

I will say this

You shouldn't use drugs if you are down and out. That stuff is only going to make you complacent and homeless.

Better to suffer and struggle every minute until your situation does not require hand outs.

Your "little victories" hurt more than they help but they make you feel good that 23 people are no longer sponging off "respectable" citizens who are gobbling prescription drugs in record numbers.

It gets drug criminals out of the system, it deters other drug criminals from applying, mission accomplished. No need to reply, I'm tired of your backhanded insults, get back to me when you grow the fuck up.
How about a real insult you fascist fuck face? How much legally obtained opiates do you take for your "bad back"? Nearly everyone does drugs, quit acting like there is some sort of difference between the bottle of lortabs you get from a doctor and a shot of heroin. Half of America would be downtown looking for a pusher if the legal drugs dried up.

If you are doing drugs there is a likEly chance that you can't get hired.
I have no problem, but then again, I'm self employed...

Yep, irresponsible people rarely consider the consequences before they screw up.

Those kids are being totally irresponsible for their having bad parents.

The State is if they leave them with a bad parent.

I live in AZ. There are absolutely no legal consequences for failure to pass a food stamp drug test, other than the loss of the benefits. So, again, the children suffer.

I live in AZ. There are absolutely no legal consequences for failure to pass a food stamp drug test, other than the loss of the benefits. So, again, the children suffer.

If the parent is spending money on drugs, the children are already suffering aren't they.

LOL. Of course, blame the fucking state.

So you think people who literally take the food out of their children's mouth to buy drugs, cigarettes and booze should be allowed to continue abusing their kids? Really?

left-wing idiots are some amusing morons. I love the way you left-wing nutjobs insist you are the only ones who know anybody on welfare and/or food stamps

left-wingers are hilarious!! insist government is the answer to everything until there is a problem; then shrug their shoulders and whine that it isn't the government's fault

So you think people who literally take the food out of their children's mouth to buy drugs, cigarettes and booze should be allowed to continue abusing their kids? Really?
No, I think it's funny that you are blaming the state when the problem stems from their not being enough parents to take kids in the adoption system, which is overcrowded. I see some ways to help this problem: Promote same sex adoption, abortion, birth control..

No, I think it's funny that you are blaming the state when the problem stems from their not being enough parents to take kids in the adoption system, which is overcrowded. I see some ways to help this problem: Promote same sex adoption, abortion, birth control..
'

failed left-wing ideology is the answer

'

failed left-wing ideology is the answer
How is gay adoption a failed idea? How is abortion a failed idea? How is birth control provided for free, which dramatically reduces abortions, a bad idea?

Forum List

Back