19.5% of America is on Welfare?

Something is wrong when our countries largest employer (Walmart) has a business model that has so many of their employees who qualify and receive welfare.

Their business model involves hiring low-skilled employees.

Walmart loves it that their own employees can spend their welfare on anything they want so long as they spend it at Walmart. Where else are they going to spend it?

They get a 10% discount.
Sounds like you’re close to figuring out the government/corporate goals here.

It’s pretty amazing how since FDR the safety net the democrats sold everyone thought of it as a net to catch your fall and spring you back up. It never was that, it’s more like a fishing net you can never get out of.

That net restricts you, it doesn’t help, it’s not a life saver, it’s a trap. It strips you of opportunity, it strips you of freedom. You are now a government ward.

The worst thing to happen to communities across the nation is the welfare safety net.
The social safety nets and programs I’m talking about helped a lot of us get out of poverty. You’re focusing on the small percent who use them indefinitely.

You’re blaming them instead of the people who run your society. Who sent jobs overseas. Who let illegals in. Who broke unions. Who gave rich people tax breaks when they should have given them to us. Who ignore our poor communities that have no economic opportunities

Wages now are not inflated as some say. There should always be a wage increase trajectory...every year. Wage increases do not help cause inflation.

Wages now are not inflated as some say. There should always be a wage increase trajectory...every year. Wage increases do not help cause inflation.

In the late 1950s, the poverty rate was approximately 22%, with just shy of 40 million Americans living in poverty. The rate declined steadily, reaching a low of 11.1% in 1973 and rising to a high of nearly 15% three times – in 1983, 1993 and 2011 – before hitting the all-time low of 10.5% in 2019.

Things were good before the pandemic.

20% of America is on welfare and Potatohead is allowing millions of more welfare queens to flood in?

That sonofabitch is stupid as hell, ain't he?

20% of America is on welfare and Potatohead is allowing millions of more welfare queens to flood in?

That sonofabitch is stupid as hell, ain't he?
They aren't welfare queens. They want to work. Right now we have 10 million unfilled jobs. Some are high tech but many are low paying dirty jobs. Jobs those people will do.

And us white folk can't fuck our way out of this. We aren't having kids. In America if you want to stay middle class and retire, you can't afford kids. Your kids is that student loan. Then you need a home and 401K. Who can afford kids.

And we need those 10 million workers paying into social security so I can retire my friend so open the door and let them in. Help wanted.

Ron DeSantis had a good idea if he wasn't just being a dick. Bus them where they are needed. If my town could use 20 low wage workers, they can rent 1 bedroom apartments and 2 live in them so they can afford rent. We have wonderful schools too. And 20 of them won't ruin the neighborhood.

Then how many does your community need?

I believe Minnesota has a huge Somalia population? That's a bad idea. To put them all in one place where there isn't enough economic opportunity.

I'm trying to say 20 percent on welfare isn't something to be upset about. In capitalism some have to be poor. Not every job pays at or over 70 grand and below that one is on the pooter side.

I'm trying to say 20 percent on welfare isn't something to be upset about. In capitalism some have to be poor. Not every job pays at or over 70 grand and below that one is on the pooter side.
I’m not accepting that. Particularly in a rich country like ours, where the government spends trillions annually.

The social safety nets and programs I’m talking about helped a lot of us get out of poverty. You’re focusing on the small percent who use them indefinitely.

You’re blaming them instead of the people who run your society. Who sent jobs overseas. Who let illegals in. Who broke unions. Who gave rich people tax breaks when they should have given them to us. Who ignore our poor communities that have no economic opportunities
Like I said. All the shit the democrats did. Nobody got saved by welfare, you destroyed families and opportunities for a monthly stipend. Families of every race were doing better before this great society came along and shit on them.

Higher taxes and regulations move jobs over seas. You did that. Millions of illegals pour over the border, you did that. Unions priced themselves out of the market. Poor communities don’t have opportunities because they exist on welfare, you did that.

Everything that’s fucked up is because of people like you. And now you think the solution is to do even more of this stupid shit.

You’re a moron.

Like I said. All the shit the democrats did. Nobody got saved by welfare, you destroyed families and opportunities for a monthly stipend. Families of every race were doing better before this great society came along and shit on them.

Higher taxes and regulations move jobs over seas. You did that. Millions of illegals pour over the border, you did that. Unions priced themselves out of the market. Poor communities don’t have opportunities because they exist on welfare, you did that.

Everything that’s fucked up is because of people like you. And now you think the solution is to do even more of this stupid shit.

You’re a moron.
Unfortunately the R Party did nothing to stop this and in many respects supported it.

Last edited:
Republicans, I will agree with you that this is unacceptable.

Overall: In 2019, 19.5 percent of the total population received or lived with a family member who received a benefit in any amount from TANF, SNAP, or SSI at any point during the year.

Glad to read this

With some exceptions, non-citizens entering the United States after August 22, 1996, the date of enactment of the welfare reform legislation, are not eligible for most welfare benefits, including Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), SSI, Medicaid, and the State Children's Health Insurance Program (SCHIP), ...

The report includes people who receive SSI. That is not welfare. That is THEIR money.

Unfortunately the R Party did nothing to stop this and in many respects supported it.
Second time you’ve chimed in like this. It’s true but how is it the out of power parties problem? It’s their fault the majority passed them?

The report includes people who receive SSI. That is not welfare. That is THEIR money.
SSI has been a Ponzi scheme since its inception. It’s not your money. Your money was spent faster than they could collect it. There was no investment for your money. It’s gone. You only paid for the people on welfare, sorry, SS at the moment it was taken from you. What they desperately need is more suckers to send their money to pay you because all of your money is gone. It was never invested. There was no investment that would pay off later. It’s just you paying for the current people and in the end you may get a pathetically low return. Less than any other investment would provide.

Where else could you spend your entire life investing not only 6.4% of your income but an additional 6.4% from your employer they weren’t allowed to pay you. And somehow that 12.8% investment over your entire life is only paying out 1200 bucks a month.

Your retirement age keeps moving, the money you get is a pittance.

Can you explain how this was a good investment?

Forum List

Back