AZ Welfare Drug Testing Cost/Benefit Ratio Is...

I really feel sorry for you, such acrobatics trying to rationalize your pathetic position, got any more straw men in the closet?
OK I'll go at it from another angle, what specific problem do think this exercise has solved? From what I can see all it has done is provide a little sadistic glee for you people.

It gets drug criminals out of the system, it deters other drug criminals from applying, mission accomplished. No need to reply, I'm tired of your backhanded insults, get back to me when you grow the fuck up.
Yeah, this is all I needed to see. "Drug criminals" I'm sorry, but I don't want to think drug users are bad people, most are poor and need an escape, drugs fill this gap, we need to focus on helping them out, not punishing them in prison. Yeah, the problem is, the cost/benefit ratio doesn't back up your case EVERYWHERE it has been tried. You need to grow up.

More pathetic rationalization, I got an escape for them, it's called a work.
Do you also have a cure for a natural rate of unemployment? Can Persons on welfare get hired simply for applying for work, especially in Right to Work States.

How many jobs have you gotten that you didn't apply for?

Funny, I thought the left was doing all three already, how's that working for ya?
Not near as much as they should, more clinics for women in rural areas..

No need, everyone has insurance now, that and a mail order pharmacy is all you need no matter where you live.
You're delusional then.

butt butt butt, the dear leader said..........................................
Yes, I know you are stuck in the American political nut house.

Are you saying your dear leader is a liar?

Drug testing people who receive assistance is no more about saving money than trying to kill social programs altogether, it's about punishing the poor for being poor, a totally sadistic impulse. They get a charge out of treating people like dirt and, to them, it's money well spent. They would spend a hundred times more to feel the thrill of walking on the faces of "worthless" people. Hell is going to be hot for you unchristian motherfuckers.

Look...a MSNBC parrot
Eat shit. Tired of treating the assholes of the world as if they have valid arguments. It's a hard world out there and sub-human primates such as yourself think the solution is to make it much harder. Your sadistic streak shows clearly in your nasty remarks and it is high time you were told to fuck off back to the underside of whatever shit covered rock you crawled out from under.

you sad pathetic loser; slave to your emotions

held hostage to your desperate need to feel like you are morally superior to somebody
may not be morally superior, but if he supports himself, chances are he can smoke a little weed and not worry about it. (unless required by the job he has)

I was random drug tested when I worked at a Nuclear power plant in California. Keep me clean for Two years if I wanted THE JOB making good damn money.

these whiners expecting us to give out welfare and them not having to do anything FOR IT

that's more Galling than the money being spent on it

I was random drug tested when I worked at a Nuclear power plant in California. Keep me clean for Two years if I wanted THE JOB making good damn money.

these whiners expecting us to give out welfare and them not having to do anything FOR IT

they expect you to take and pass your drug test so you can pay them to do nothing but smoke crack and make fatherless babies while you work.

they expect you to take and pass your drug test so you can pay them to do nothing but smoke crack and make fatherless babies while you work.

but of course. how dare WE the taxpayers EXPECT anything from them

anything less would be totally racist.
bet they could sue and increase their entitlements

How much did you expect from the wealthiest when they were getting bailed out; why no drug testing for them under our form of Capitalism?

You take Big Brother's handouts, he owns you. Don't wanna be owned, don't take the handouts. Period, end of story.

How much did you expect from the wealthiest when they were getting bailed out; why no drug testing for them under our form of Capitalism?
What wealthy got bailed out.
Do you mean the banks? the markets? you realize if they would have failed everyone from the top down would have failed, middle class and below would have really been hit hard because they would have had no cash on hand to fall back on

If you stack the deck to produce nothing your expectations will be realized but...

...but I like the way you're thinking and so would Franklin Roosevelt.

Creating a modern version of the CWA → WPA would allow Republicans to drug test employees, end welfare, rebuild our infrastructure, build our tax base, allow people to work for a paycheck and benefits (healthcare), make lifelong contributions to Social Security etc.etc... As well as contributing to the mental health of people supporting themselves by working.

Roosevelt created 4 million jobs in one month (updated)

A year ago, Charles Peters and Timothy Noah wrote in Slate.

The CWA laid 12 million feet of sewer pipe and built or made substantial improvements to 255,000 miles of roads, 40,000 schools, 3,700 playgrounds, and nearly 1,000 airports (not to mention 250,000 outhouses still badly needed in rural America). Most of the jobs involved manual labor, to which most of the population, having been raised on the farm, was far more accustomed than it would be today. But the CWA also provided considerable white-collar work, employing, among others, statisticians, bookbinders, architects, 50,000 teachers, and 3,000 writers and artists. ("Hell, they've got to eat like other people," Hopkins noted matter-of-factly.) This was achieved with a remarkable minimum of overhead. Of the nearly $1 billion—the equivalent today of nearly $16 billion—that Hopkins spent during the CWA's five-month existence, 80 percent went directly into workers' pockets and thence stimulated the economy by going into the cash registers of grocers and shop owners. Most of the rest went to equipment costs. Less than 2 percent paid for administration.

The CWA ended in March 1934. Later, Hopkins would be put in charge of the Works Progress Administration, which is what most of Taylor’s book is about.

Putting 4 million people to work in 1934 would be like putting 9.6 million to work today. And there’s plenty more work than just $16 billion that needs to be done: How about 19 million new jobs created with a $5.8 trillion infrastructure program?

And-----and the ROI would be immediate and continue to pay dividends for 50-100 years. And a permanent return to a modern WPA like program would guarantee everyone a job (not welfare) and make the government the employer of last resort.

Entitlement Moochers sure do have a lotta nerve huh? Demanding their Freebies with no questions asked? Just give em the money and STFU. Good deal, no? For them i guess.

Instead of being grateful to Taxpayers for giving them their Freebies, they just bitch and demand more. Something's very wrong with this picture, no?

It's amazing how Republicans come up with bullshit ways to waste taxpayer money. Drug testing 87,000 welfare recipients in AZ has netted a grand total of $560 bucks - more proof Republicans are piss-poor managers of public money...

Arizona drug-tested 87,000 welfare recipients and found they are flushing taxpayer dollars
Jen HaydenFollow
Jul 22, 2015

From Gregory Krieg

The results are thin: According to USA Today, three years after the program began Arizona had tested more than 87,000 welfare recipients. The total number of drug cheats caught was exactly one — a single positive result, which saved the state precisely $560.

Checking in again in March, the Arizona Sonora News Service cited state Department of Economic Security figures which found that over the course of more than five years, "42 people have been asked to take a follow-up drug test and 19 actually took the test, 16 of whom passed. The other 23 were stripped of their benefits for failing to take the drug test."

That adds up to a grand total of three failed tests from 2009-2014. The net savings reaped from withholding benefits for those who either tested positive or failed to complete a drug test was around $3,500, once the $500 cost of testing the 19 is factored in, according to one state agency report. The haul is shockingly unimpressive when you consider the $1.7 million in savings state officials promised when they began the program.

<snip>

What non-issue will Republicans waste our/taxpayer time and money on next, voter fraud, Benghazi, another vote on Obamacare... what?

You "study" ignores all the people who don't even apply for welfare because they know they can't pass a drug test.

Got the solution for all whiny Entitlement Moochers out there...

Don't take the Freebies. Problem solved. You're welcome.

Then you got fired for being an incompetent dolt, even stone cold sober. So you made up for lost time in two weeks, and continues toking it up at the same pace for 10 years straight. Your posts are now the unfortunate result.

Forum List

Back