19.5% of America is on Welfare?

SSI has been a Ponzi scheme since its inception. It’s not your money. Your money was spent faster than they could collect it. There was no investment for your money. It’s gone. You only paid for the people on welfare, sorry, SS at the moment it was taken from you. What they desperately need is more suckers to send their money to pay you because all of your money is gone. It was never invested. There was no investment that would pay off later. It’s just you paying for the current people and in the end you may get a pathetically low return. Less than any other investment would provide.

Where else could you spend your entire life investing not only 6.4% of your income but an additional 6.4% from your employer they weren’t allowed to pay you. And somehow that 12.8% investment over your entire life is only paying out 1200 bucks a month.

Your retirement age keeps moving, the money you get is a pittance.

Can you explain how this was a good investment?

It was a terrible investment. What was taken is never repaid.

Republicans, I will agree with you that this is unacceptable.

Overall: In 2019, 19.5 percent of the total population received or lived with a family member who received a benefit in any amount from TANF, SNAP, or SSI at any point during the year.

Glad to read this

With some exceptions, non-citizens entering the United States after August 22, 1996, the date of enactment of the welfare reform legislation, are not eligible for most welfare benefits, including Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), SSI, Medicaid, and the State Children's Health Insurance Program (SCHIP), ...

Thing is, the Republicans are people who help people like Walmart get people on welfare... go figure.

Overall: In 2019, 19.5 percent of the total population received or lived with a family member who received a benefit in any amount from TANF, SNAP, or SSI at any point during the year.

Glad to read this

With some exceptions, non-citizens entering the United States after August 22, 1996, the date of enactment of the welfare reform legislation, are not eligible for most welfare benefits, including Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), SSI, Medicaid, and the State Children's Health Insurance Program (SCHIP), ...
You think that's good, you fuckin' idiot?

It was a terrible investment. What was taken is never repaid.
Well that depends. My FIL lived to 99 years old. He started collecting SS at 62 and only paid into the system 25 years, because he immigrated to the US in his late thirties.

Walmart should pay more. Then no welfare needed.

Walmart sells about $630 billion in goods that they bought for $478 billion.
They spend about $130 billion on salaries and administrative expenses.
Leaves about $21 billion.
How much more of that should go to workers? How much to investors?

A statement by Joshua Maponga, a popular blogger and entrepreneur in Zimbabwe:
"BRICS is good! Kill the American dollar. You come to me wanting to buy gold and you give me these pieces of paper.

A statement by Joshua Maponga, a popular blogger and entrepreneur in Zimbabwe:
"BRICS is good! Kill the American dollar. You come to me wanting to buy gold and you give me these pieces of paper.

You can take US paper, or Russian paper.
Which do you choose? LOL!

The ruble is a joke.
Zakharova called de-dollarization a reality because of troubled dollar. Maria Zakharova
Russian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman
ANKARA, September 3. /TASS/. De-dollarization is not a goal of organizations and some countries, but has become a reality because the dollar has turned into a problematic currency. Russian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova said this in a conversation with the Turkish newspaper Aydinlik.

They say that dedollarization is a kind of goal of various organizations or some countries. But it is not. It is not a goal. It's just a reality.

"The dollar is a very problematic currency these days. This is not my political point of view, this is an objective economic fact," she said, recalling the economic crises provoked by the situation in the US financial system.

Zakharova recalled that decades ago the U.S. "proposed using the dollar as an international currency to make everyone's life better, easier and more comfortable." She admitted that at that time the authors of this policy were probably honest in their intentions.
"But now this currency is being used as an instrument of hegemony and a new type of colonialism, it is being used to punish, segregate, make other people's lives more difficult or turn it into a nightmare," she said.

Zakharova pointed out that the goal of BRICS members, Turkey or other countries is not to abandon the dollar. According to her, the countries do not want to solve American problems.
"They want to create a system of financial guarantees so as not to fall victim to another American crisis. From the Russian point of view, this system that we are trying to form is more stable and safer," Zakharova said.
She added that national currencies are a more stable means of settlement in the current situation, and each country itself should choose the path it considers most acceptable in the context of its own financial security.

Zakharova called de-dollarization a reality because of troubled dollar. Maria Zakharova
Russian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman
ANKARA, September 3. /TASS/. De-dollarization is not a goal of organizations and some countries, but has become a reality because the dollar has turned into a problematic currency. Russian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova said this in a conversation with the Turkish newspaper Aydinlik.

They say that dedollarization is a kind of goal of various organizations or some countries. But it is not. It is not a goal. It's just a reality.

"The dollar is a very problematic currency these days. This is not my political point of view, this is an objective economic fact," she said, recalling the economic crises provoked by the situation in the US financial system.

Zakharova recalled that decades ago the U.S. "proposed using the dollar as an international currency to make everyone's life better, easier and more comfortable." She admitted that at that time the authors of this policy were probably honest in their intentions.
"But now this currency is being used as an instrument of hegemony and a new type of colonialism, it is being used to punish, segregate, make other people's lives more difficult or turn it into a nightmare," she said.

Zakharova pointed out that the goal of BRICS members, Turkey or other countries is not to abandon the dollar. According to her, the countries do not want to solve American problems.
"They want to create a system of financial guarantees so as not to fall victim to another American crisis. From the Russian point of view, this system that we are trying to form is more stable and safer," Zakharova said.
She added that national currencies are a more stable means of settlement in the current situation, and each country itself should choose the path it considers most acceptable in the context of its own financial security.

Biden is an idiot.

The ruble is a joke.

Glad to read this

It's because all levels of government tax you until they have everything you make

19.5 percent isn't much at all considering that some people have to be poor in the he system. A huge nothing burger.

It's because all levels of government tax you until they have everything you make

Them or corporations? I told a story last week about how Michigan Insurance companies convinced us to lower our rates but also lower the payout when we get hurt. We fell for it. My rate went down $200 a year! Great right? But then recently my rate just went up $100. I bet in 2 years it'll go back up another $100 and now they payouts won't be fair but they'll be getting what they were getting before. Are we stupid?

Remember when water was free?
Remember TV was free? Now everyone's got cable, ROKU, netflix, disney, etc.
Remember when college was affordable? Instead of putting $100K into a home our kids now have to first pay the bankers back.
Internet is expensive
Assisted living is insanely expensive. So most of us won't get the money our grandparents would have normally given us. Corporations/Healthcare will get it

And corporations. I showed you since 1978 CEO pay went up 1322% our pay went up 18%. Hasn't kept up with inflation. Most of you aren't making/saving enough. I don't have kids so I'm lucky. And my brother is rich so his kids don't want for anything.

Are you sure it's taxes eating you up or is it free market capitalism?

PS. I just leased a F150. $500 a month. That's too much. Eating up all my disposable income. I don't know how Americans are expected to afford kids I really don't. Let alone spend a lot on

a. A home
b. A wedding
c. A child or 2
d. College

Your reply is become a plumber. Let me tell you something. I thank GOD my brother can afford to send 2 kids to the best private school in MI and then both are at MSU right now. Pretty cool. Both his sons going to the college he went to.

19.5 percent isn't much at all considering that some people have to be poor in the he system. A huge nothing burger.
Yea but wouldn't it be cool if Walmart paid it's workers enough that they weren't on welfare? We are subsidizing their business model.

Baloney.
Their net profit is less than $6k per employee.
If they gave that all to their workers, is poverty erased?

Walmart has 2,300,000 employees, and the revenue per employee ratio is $265,777.

How much of that $265,777 would it take to get their employees off the government cheese? $5777?

Walmart has 2,300,000 employees, and the revenue per employee ratio is $265,777.

How much of that $265,777 would it take to get their employees off the government cheese? $5777?

And the net income per employee is less than $6000.

Forum List

Back