AZ Welfare Drug Testing Cost/Benefit Ratio Is...

I am saying as problems go it was not worth the effort, if this were a program that actually helped people you would consider it a failure. All that effort and bureaucratic red-tape burdening a program already beset by cuts every time an election rolls around just to shit 23 people out of the program.

Law enforcement is rarely worth the effort, it's expensive, sometimes yields zero results, should we cease funding for all law enforcement because it's expensive? Or should we by happy with the little victories?
Your "little victories" hurt more than they help but they make you feel good that 23 people are no longer sponging off "respectable" citizens who are gobbling prescription drugs in record numbers.

I really feel sorry for you, such acrobatics trying to rationalize your pathetic position, got any more straw men in the closet?
OK I'll go at it from another angle, what specific problem do think this exercise has solved? From what I can see all it has done is provide a little sadistic glee for you people.

It gets drug criminals out of the system, it deters other drug criminals from applying, mission accomplished. No need to reply, I'm tired of your backhanded insults, get back to me when you grow the fuck up.
How about a real insult you fascist fuck face? How much legally obtained opiates do you take for your "bad back"? Nearly everyone does drugs, quit acting like there is some sort of difference between the bottle of lortabs you get from a doctor and a shot of heroin. Half of America would be downtown looking for a pusher if the legal drugs dried up.

So you agree with aiding and abetting criminal activity with State and federal funds, typical wrong headed commiecrat.
I am saying as problems go it was not worth the effort, if this were a program that actually helped people you would consider it a failure. All that effort and bureaucratic red-tape burdening a program already beset by cuts every time an election rolls around just to shit 23 people out of the program.

Law enforcement is rarely worth the effort, it's expensive, sometimes yields zero results, should we cease funding for all law enforcement because it's expensive? Or should we by happy with the little victories?
Your "little victories" hurt more than they help but they make you feel good that 23 people are no longer sponging off "respectable" citizens who are gobbling prescription drugs in record numbers.

I really feel sorry for you, such acrobatics trying to rationalize your pathetic position, got any more straw men in the closet?
OK I'll go at it from another angle, what specific problem do think this exercise has solved? From what I can see all it has done is provide a little sadistic glee for you people.

It solves the problem of them failing a drug test when they apply for a job. We want them off of welfare and working but how do we get them working if they can't pass a drug test. Welfare recipients on drugs will be o. Welfare forever since they can't pass a drug test when they are offered a job.

It gets drug criminals out of the system, it deters other drug criminals from applying, mission accomplished. No need to reply, I'm tired of your backhanded insults, get back to me when you grow the fuck up.
Not really; they just get better at being hypocrites for lucre; that is all our current regime does.

How about a real insult you fascist fuck face? How much legally obtained opiates do you take for your "bad back"? Nearly everyone does drugs, quit acting like there is some sort of difference between the bottle of lortabs you get from a doctor and a shot of heroin. Half of America would be downtown looking for a pusher if the legal drugs dried up.

If you are doing drugs there is a likEly chance that you can't get hired.

Yeah, this is all I needed to see. "Drug criminals" I'm sorry, but I don't want to think drug users are bad people, most are poor and need an escape, drugs fill this gap, we need to focus on helping them out, not punishing them in prison. Yeah, the problem is, the cost/benefit ratio doesn't back up your case EVERYWHERE it has been tried. You need to grow up.

More pathetic rationalization, I got an escape for them, it's called a work.

Yeah, this is all I needed to see. "Drug criminals" I'm sorry, but I don't want to think drug users are bad people, most are poor and need an escape, drugs fill this gap, we need to focus on helping them out, not punishing them in prison. Yeah, the problem is, the cost/benefit ratio doesn't back up your case EVERYWHERE it has been tried. You need to grow up.

Ah, nothing like working 60 hours a week to scrape by. Fuck you.

It solves the problem of them failing a drug test when they apply for a job. We want them off of welfare and working but how do we get them working if they can't pass a drug test. Welfare recipients on drugs will be o. Welfare forever since they can't pass a drug test when they are offered a job.
You do know that this policy of drug testing proved that the majority of people on welfare can pass the drug test, right?

However, they are still on welfare. :confused:

It's amazing how Republicans come up with bullshit ways to waste taxpayer money. Drug testing 87,000 welfare recipients in AZ has netted a grand total of $560 bucks - more proof Republicans are piss-poor managers of public money...

Arizona drug-tested 87,000 welfare recipients and found they are flushing taxpayer dollars
Jen HaydenFollow
Jul 22, 2015

From Gregory Krieg

The results are thin: According to USA Today, three years after the program began Arizona had tested more than 87,000 welfare recipients. The total number of drug cheats caught was exactly one — a single positive result, which saved the state precisely $560.

Checking in again in March, the Arizona Sonora News Service cited state Department of Economic Security figures which found that over the course of more than five years, "42 people have been asked to take a follow-up drug test and 19 actually took the test, 16 of whom passed. The other 23 were stripped of their benefits for failing to take the drug test."

That adds up to a grand total of three failed tests from 2009-2014. The net savings reaped from withholding benefits for those who either tested positive or failed to complete a drug test was around $3,500, once the $500 cost of testing the 19 is factored in, according to one state agency report. The haul is shockingly unimpressive when you consider the $1.7 million in savings state officials promised when they began the program.

<snip>

What non-issue will Republicans waste our/taxpayer time and money on next, voter fraud, Benghazi, another vote on Obamacare... what?

Solyndra, obamacare, stimulus, all wastes. How much did the welfare study cost?

You do know that this policy of drug testing proved that the majority of people on welfare can pass the drug test, right?

However, they are still on welfare. :confused:

Then there should no problem doing this in every other state since it won't hurt existing welfare recipients .

Do you guys realize that if you apply for a govt loan they ask if you have ever been convicted of any drug offenses. Why can't we do the same for welfare recipients.

Worked 80 hours a week in college, work 60 or more hours a week now. I see nothing wrong in working more.

Worked 80 hours a week in college, work 60 or more hours a week now. I see nothing wrong in working more.
Productivity is at all time highs, wages are stagnant, people have children, people need free time.. You need to fuck off.

I'll be nice and actually answer you question, despite you being a totally ignorant piece of shit. The answer is ZERO and I guess I don't know your half of America because I don't know anyone who does. Just keep on making an ass out of yourself making assumptions about people you have no first hand knowledge of, it's turning out to be pretty good entertainment.

Productivity is at all time highs, wages are stagnant, people have children, people need free time.. You need to fuck off.

I have children and spend plenty of time with them....even working 60 hours a week. Next....

I'll be nice and actually answer you question, despite you being a totally ignorant piece of shit. The answer is ZERO and I guess I don't know your half of America because I don't know anyone who does. Just keep on making an ass out of yourself making assumptions about people you have no first hand knowledge of, it's turning out to be pretty good entertainment.
Americans consume 90% of the world's opiate drugs and you think the people who use illegal drugs are a problem? And I promise you, you know someone who is addicted to them assuming you know anyone.

I don't care if they spend 40 hrs a week doing community service, if they are able they need to earn what they get. Even community service gives people skills they can apply to a real job.

Americans consume 90% of the world's opiate drugs and you think the people who use illegal drugs are a problem? And I promise you, you know someone who is addicted to them assuming you know anyone.

Link?

Wow, it sounds like someone is deeply invested in rationalizing some drug use.

I don't do any drugs, other than a glass of wine or a bottle of beer now and again.

Middle class whites, baby. Our lives rock. Gaze upon our glory and envy us.

Forum List

Back