Average teacher makes $44G while their top union bosses pull in nearly $500G Read mo

Since you really don't get the difference between a UNIVERSAL Insurance program that folks were forced to pay for all their lives and food stamp, TANF, housing benefits that they NEVER paid into at all in their lives --- you've already obviously fucked yourself..

Trust you with MORE UNIVERSAL crap? No way... Not with that attitude...

No....I understand perfectly the difference between the two. I am all for restarting programs like the CCC and the WPA. Give the taxpayers a return on their investment, upgrade our infrastructure, and give idle people something to do that also serves our Country.

BTW...I am 47. My wife is 49. Both of us have been paying into SS, Medicare(since we started working...for me, it's been since the age of 14) and our Commonwealth of Pennsylvania retirement programs since our early to mid 20's. There are millions of us in similar situations across the country. All I see from you fucks is to rob people like us from a virtual lifetime of investment in our futures.

So, how about this assholes....maybe YOU should learn to understand the difference between public servants, who have been contributing to society their whole lives and people on TANF and whatnot who have never paid into the system....which....contrary to CONSERVATIVE opinion...are few and far between. Most people on a public assistance program are shirt term recipients.

I'm not confused by the diff between welfare and public service retirement. I just find it nasty that leftists are now calling Medicare patients moochers when they were FORCED to pay all their lives for benefits. Evidently there IS a complete lack of reverence for these programs whenever the left needs to squeal about the spending side of things.

I find it TRUELY ODD tho that we get commercials from the Postal Carriers Union on TV URGING us to tell Congress NOT to force the Post Office to FULLY FUND THEIR PENSIONS..

Don't you find that odd too? Seems like everybody KNOWS it's not sustainable for the public to be paying for 2 public servants when only one is working. This all happened because govt wants everyone to live risk-free. So defined benefits were instituted instead of defined contributions. And retirement qualifications kept going down..

Personally -- I think contracts ought to be honored. But changes need to be made in retirement ages and DEFINED benefits. All that goes out the window if the Cities go into bankruptcy or the Post Office shrinks dramatically because of the mess.

No...you misunderstood my post to willowtree. I get tired of hearing from her how now that she's all safe and cozy under her Medicare blanket, that the government needs to fuck everyone else over who have also been paying into the system all of their lives.

I find it odd that you think postal workers don't contribute to their retirements. My brother works for the USPS in Joplin, MO....and they pay into their retirement system with matching funds from their employers. Hey...you guys in the private sector? Why don't you demand real pensions from your employers? We used to have them and the wealthy were still very wealthy.

Your damn right contracts need to be honored. Like I said. Attrition will solve this issue. But it won't be done overnight. It will take long term strategy and a long term mindset. Just like Social Security and Medicare. Yes...we have a Baby Boom bubble that is rapidly approaching. But it will all even out in the long run as those people and the folks on the bubble between the baby boomers and the GenX-ers(like myself) die off.

We have a strong enough country(we are the strongest in the world) to pull this off....easily. We just have to have the courage and conviction to do so. We have to stop thinking of our workforce as pawns in a power grab and as the true backbone of our economy that they are. No one is calling for economic equality....not one of us. But we are calling fir the ability to afford to live in our own country and be the robust consumers that drive business and innovation that's been lacking for 30 + years without going into debt up to our ears.

I doubt that degreed professionals in those operations need a union.. They realize that they should be paid on MERIT, not tenure. Most of my life in Silicon tells me that almost anyone with an office or a cubicle had corporate stock options and made a lot more $30K.

As far as the CEO goes. The SIZE of the Fortune 500 has increased ASTRONOMICALLY over 20 years or so. And the companies that once were associated with a single town and single type of product are now GIGANTIC multifunctional, multinational ventures.

Like Caterpillar, which started as a construction equip comp. in Peoria. What is it NOW?

Makes EVERYTHING from shoes to financing and mining equip.

Doubled in size from 1960 to 1970.

93,000 employees. $70Bill assets.

Caterpillar products and components are manufactured 110 facilities worldwide. 51 plants are located in the United States and 59 overseas plants are located in Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, England, France, Germany, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Mexico, the Netherlands, Northern Ireland, the People's Republic of China, Poland, Russia, Singapore, South Africa and Sweden.

About 30 separate businesses, in 20 countries. The guy is not overpaid..

Not compared to the gap between Shaq and the locker room crew.

You want a bigger package? Get a cubicle or an office and a stake in OWNERSHIP of that company..

Caution tho....

I'm sitting here in an office where I have WALL of stock certificates issued by Silicon Valley start-ups that don't exist anymore.. But the 4 or 5 that WERE successful made up for 80 hour weeks, not getting paid regularly, and the heartache of having to hire -- then fire folks when things went badly..

Why did those fortune 500 companies grow ASTRONOMICALLY the past 20 years? Oh yeah...outsourcing, killing wages and benefits for everyday employees, lobbying government for favorable legislation, hiding assets in tax haven countries....you know....destroying America to make a killing?

What we were SUPPOSED to be doing when globalization started was finding NEW industries and INNOVATIVE products to maintain our Technological lead on the rest of the world to balance this out. We probably really SHOULDN'T be making relatively low tech TVs, tee shirts and basketballs. But our Leadership has been sooooo sucky that this message got lost. And OUR KIDS are not filling the Grad Schools. Our Capital is NOT going to NEW SMALL and vibrant companies who would normally be knocking off those giants that only want to make commodity items in China. THAT'S the problem..

You guys on the left need to realize that folks like BAIN Capital are the SOLUTION to this problem, not the cause. Because it's the seedling capital for NEW Ventures that keeps the Big Boys on their toes. Every Venture person I've met --- wants to knock off Microsoft or GE with their next project. That's the goal. The reality is our rate of creation of NEW companies is at a historical low. Almost NONE --- except turkeys like LinkedIn, Coupon Companies and Facebook..

When manufacturing comes back -- it won't look anything like the old days, but it will create jobs at ALL levels of the economy. NONE of that happens while the Prez is trying to knock the shit out of folks creating the new Ventures..

Bullshit....it's the big boys buying our government up via lobbying dollars and campaign donations that caused this. And it's the GOP that have been the biggest enablers of this. The Dems have their fair share of the blame too...but they can get some of the money required to run a competitive campaign from the GOP's arch nemesis....unions....so they don't need as MUCH of the corporate dollar.

The Pres isn't knocking the shit out of new ventures. He's trying to give the little guy a leg up on the big boys who can afford to attract the best talent with things like health insurance benefits that the little guy may not be able to afford.

The CEOs who rake in the huge dollars are the ones fighting for reductions in wages and benefits. WHy? So they can take those cuts and add them to their salaries. Why do multi millionaires care about paying some worker a little higher wage? Lets cut to the mustard. WHy are the ultra wealthy so against the workers that make the money for them? It makes no sense. Obviously they want all the wealth for themselves. Hence what a major fight coming down the road is going to be. And deservedly so.

Average teacher makes $44G while their top union bosses pull in nearly $500G | Fox News

And you left wing hacks will continue to let these union bosses live the high life..
CEO Pay: Highest Salaries Equal 3,489 Years For Typical Worker

WASHINGTON -- David Simon of Simon Property received a pay package worth more than $137 million for last year, and the typical CEO took home $9.6 million, according to an analysis by The Associated Press.

Here are some ways to think about just how much money those salaries represent.

Simon's $137 million is almost entirely in stock awards that could eventually be worth $132 million. The company said it wanted to make sure Simon wasn't lured to another company.

HOW LONG IT TAKES OTHERS TO MAKE THAT MUCH: A minimum wage worker – paid $7.25 per hour, as some workers at Simon malls are – would have to work one month shy of 9,096 years to make what Simon made last year. A person making the national median salary, $39,312 by AP calculations, would have to work 3,489 years.

BY THE HOUR: Assuming Simon worked a 60-hour week, his pay was $43,963.64 per hour, or $732.73 per minute. To put that in perspective, the minimum-wage worker would have to labor for nearly three years to make what Simon earns in an hour. The average U.S. worker makes slightly less in one year than Simon makes in an hour.

COMPARED WITH AMERICA'S CEO: Simon makes about 342 times the $400,000 annual salary of President Barack Obama. In fact, if you add the salaries of Obama, Vice President Joe Biden, the Cabinet, the Supreme Court justices, all the members of the Senate and House of Representatives and all 50 governors, it is less than $110 million, so Simon makes well more than government's top 600 leaders. In the past 100 years, U.S. taxpayers have paid a total of $80.6 million, adjusted for inflation, to presidents from Woodrow Wilson to Obama.

The median CEO salary of $9.587 million:

HOW LONG IT TAKES OTHERS TO MAKE THAT MUCH: A minimum wage worker would have to work 636 years to make that much. A person making the national average salary would have to work 244 years to make the median CEO salary.

BY THE HOUR: If you assume the CEO works a 60-hour week, the pay comes to $3,072.84 per hour, or $51.21 per minute. To put that in perspective, the minimum wage worker would have to labor more than 10 weeks to make what the median CEO earns in an hour. It would take the average U.S. worker nearly a month to make what the average CEO makes in an hour.

COMPARED WITH AMERICA'S CEO: The CEO who made the median salary took in 12 times the total $789,674 in gross income that President Obama reported last year. But it is less than half the $20.9 million in income that presumptive Republican nominee Mitt Romney reported in his tax filing.

Let me see if I have this right...(pun intended)

I'm supposed to be outraged that the head of a union makes 10 times more than their average worker...but I'm not supposed to be outraged that a CEO makes 380 times more than their average worker?

Not feeling it.

A corporate worker makes 30K. The corporate CEO makes 5 million. Maybe the corporate worker could use a union?

I doubt that degreed professionals in those operations need a union.. They realize that they should be paid on MERIT, not tenure. Most of my life in Silicon tells me that almost anyone with an office or a cubicle had corporate stock options and made a lot more $30K.

As far as the CEO goes. The SIZE of the Fortune 500 has increased ASTRONOMICALLY over 20 years or so. And the companies that once were associated with a single town and single type of product are now GIGANTIC multifunctional, multinational ventures.

Like Caterpillar, which started as a construction equip comp. in Peoria. What is it NOW?

Caterpillar products and components are manufactured 110 facilities worldwide. 51 plants are located in the United States and 59 overseas plants are located in Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, England, France, Germany, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Mexico, the Netherlands, Northern Ireland, the People's Republic of China, Poland, Russia, Singapore, South Africa and Sweden.

You want a bigger package? Get a cubicle or an office and a stake in OWNERSHIP of that company..

Caution tho....

I'm sitting here in an office where I have WALL of stock certificates issued by Silicon Valley start-ups that don't exist anymore.. But the 4 or 5 that WERE successful made up for 80 hour weeks, not getting paid regularly, and the heartache of having to hire -- then fire folks when things went badly..

Be more like Mitt. Love firing them guys!

No....I understand perfectly the difference between the two. I am all for restarting programs like the CCC and the WPA. Give the taxpayers a return on their investment, upgrade our infrastructure, and give idle people something to do that also serves our Country.

BTW...I am 47. My wife is 49. Both of us have been paying into SS, Medicare(since we started working...for me, it's been since the age of 14) and our Commonwealth of Pennsylvania retirement programs since our early to mid 20's. There are millions of us in similar situations across the country. All I see from you fucks is to rob people like us from a virtual lifetime of investment in our futures.

So, how about this assholes....maybe YOU should learn to understand the difference between public servants, who have been contributing to society their whole lives and people on TANF and whatnot who have never paid into the system....which....contrary to CONSERVATIVE opinion...are few and far between. Most people on a public assistance program are shirt term recipients.

I'm not confused by the diff between welfare and public service retirement. I just find it nasty that leftists are now calling Medicare patients moochers when they were FORCED to pay all their lives for benefits. Evidently there IS a complete lack of reverence for these programs whenever the left needs to squeal about the spending side of things.

I find it TRUELY ODD tho that we get commercials from the Postal Carriers Union on TV URGING us to tell Congress NOT to force the Post Office to FULLY FUND THEIR PENSIONS..

Don't you find that odd too? Seems like everybody KNOWS it's not sustainable for the public to be paying for 2 public servants when only one is working. This all happened because govt wants everyone to live risk-free. So defined benefits were instituted instead of defined contributions. And retirement qualifications kept going down..

Personally -- I think contracts ought to be honored. But changes need to be made in retirement ages and DEFINED benefits. All that goes out the window if the Cities go into bankruptcy or the Post Office shrinks dramatically because of the mess.

No...you misunderstood my post to willowtree. I get tired of hearing from her how now that she's all safe and cozy under her Medicare blanket, that the government needs to fuck everyone else over who have also been paying into the system all of their lives.

I find it odd that you think postal workers don't contribute to their retirements. My brother works for the USPS in Joplin, MO....and they pay into their retirement system with matching funds from their employers. Hey...you guys in the private sector? Why don't you demand real pensions from your employers? We used to have them and the wealthy were still very wealthy.

Your damn right contracts need to be honored. Like I said. Attrition will solve this issue. But it won't be done overnight. It will take long term strategy and a long term mindset. Just like Social Security and Medicare. Yes...we have a Baby Boom bubble that is rapidly approaching. But it will all even out in the long run as those people and the folks on the bubble between the baby boomers and the GenX-ers(like myself) die off.

We have a strong enough country(we are the strongest in the world) to pull this off....easily. We just have to have the courage and conviction to do so. We have to stop thinking of our workforce as pawns in a power grab and as the true backbone of our economy that they are. No one is calling for economic equality....not one of us. But we are calling fir the ability to afford to live in our own country and be the robust consumers that drive business and innovation that's been lacking for 30 + years without going into debt up to our ears.

Go back and read what I wrote about the Postal Workers. Haven't you seen their COMMERCIAL? the one that says that Congress is unfairly targeting the Post Office and FORCING them to contribute more to the UPWorkers Pension Fund than other agencies?

Not what the workers contribute to it -- but their EMPLOYER.. The odd thing is having these quasi-public servants BEG US to CUT the amount that the Postal Service pays into their retirement. Here's a group of public sector folks that KNOWS their employer is gonna have to cut services and positions to adequately fund their MASSIVE GENEROUS pensions. The union is not gonna have that happen.

And they want us to IGNORE the fiduciary duty of the Post Office to pay their fair share into the fund so that Workers are not fired and Offices are not closed.

Essentially kicking the can down the road so that FUTURE bailouts of the Post Office would be inevitable. That takes a special of arrogance and entitlement that I can't get my arms around. That attitude needs to be squelched.

But Like i said -- contracts should be honored. Someone who is in a house and a financial state DEPENDING on the promises shouldn't be left holding the bag. But dammit -- the attitude that we should just IGNORE the mistakes and CONTINUE -- like the Postal Workers had the guts to suggest is completely out of line..

Flacaltenn is whining, whining, whining.

The OP was about the difference of ranknfile compensation to union bosses.

The OP fails for two reasons.

One, the union membership votes on the its leadership, workers in corporations do not.

Two, the union compensation ration is about 11:1, the corporation compensation about 130:1.

Flacaltenn was fail in the first six posts.

A corporate worker makes 30K. The corporate CEO makes 5 million. Maybe the corporate worker could use a union?

Caution tho....

Be more like Mitt. Love firing them guys!

A lot of those people were long-time colleagues and friends. That's one reason I got into consulting and my own businesses. It's serious business when your performance means that folks lives might get disrupted if you fail.

Hilarious. Republicans all upset at the head of a union representing millions of people should make a couple of hundred thousand while thinking it's just FINE that the head of a health care company that doesn't make or manufacturing anything while paying a hundred million dollars that comes from skimming policies. How many people could be served for a hundred million dollars. And they are screaming over a couple of hundred thousand.

Look at Mitt, doesn't even have a job and made $22,000,000.00 and pays 14% in taxes.

Is this happening or is it the hash?

Average teacher makes $44G while their top union bosses pull in nearly $500G

And how much does the president of the Red Cross make?
Most of their workers are volunteers.

But you're fine with fucking with everyone else's, aren't you? Once again...go fuck yourself.

Since you really don't get the difference between a UNIVERSAL Insurance program that folks were forced to pay for all their lives and food stamp, TANF, housing benefits that they NEVER paid into at all in their lives --- you've already obviously fucked yourself..

Far from true. Sorry we want to reform the programs so we can put them on a path towards solvency. Your party is the party who doesn't want to touch it, basically letting it go bankrupt. Anyways, public employee unions are taking this country down by busting state budgets. Learn something, 47 year old.

Flacaltenn is whining, whining, whining.

The OP was about the difference of ranknfile compensation to union bosses.

The OP fails for two reasons.

One, the union membership votes on the its leadership, workers in corporations do not.

Two, the union compensation ration is about 11:1, the corporation compensation about 130:1.

Flacaltenn was fail in the first six posts.

Compensation in Prof Sports is about 200:1.. In Hollywood on the set it's about 250:1.. What's the point? You got a problem with Tyler Perry making more than his hairdresser?

The guy Directs, Produces, Writes the Script, and ACTS in his movies. Wanna knock him down to WHAT there Jakey?

All you got is whine.. Tell me when I'm wrong. No one asked you be a score keeper did they?

Last edited:
Gee, what a good reason to blame teachers for everything that's wrong with our country.

Well, and cops and firefighters too. Can't forget all the awful things their doing - you know, like hiding their wealth in foreign countries so they don't have to pay tax on it.

rw's will fall for anything their owners tell them to believe.

we blame them for turning out unlearned students. in droves. how about that?

That is the fault of parents who refuse to be involved with their students' education.

Gee, what a good reason to blame teachers for everything that's wrong with our country.

Well, and cops and firefighters too. Can't forget all the awful things their doing - you know, like hiding their wealth in foreign countries so they don't have to pay tax on it.

rw's will fall for anything their owners tell them to believe.

That is the fault of parents who refuse to be involved with their students' education.

So your saying some parents dont care about their kids?

Far from true. Sorry we want to reform the programs so we can put them on a path towards solvency. Your party is the party who doesn't want to touch it, basically letting it go bankrupt. Anyways, public employee unions are taking this country down by busting state budgets. Learn something, 47 year old.

Further from true story. It wasn't the employees that "busted" state budgets, it was the recession. Public employees are just the ones being asked to PAY for someone else's malfeasance by taking away or cutting their PROMISED benefits (that they took in exchange for lower wages)

So your saying some parents dont care about their kids?

Far too many parents are illiterate or don't care about their duties to their children when it comes to education. The lack of parental involvement and concern are the number one and two issues in public education.

Further from true story. It wasn't the employees that "busted" state budgets, it was the recession. Public employees are just the ones being asked to PAY for someone else's malfeasance by taking away or cutting their PROMISED benefits (that they took in exchange for lower wages)

Nice job avoiding the point, haha. Bottom line is that we can't afford their pension or salary any longer, we have to start holding them accountable and letting them know. The public sector unions are a joke, nobody's ever fired, and we pay them way too much. Look at Christie's situation. He asked the teachers' unions to pay 1.5% of their salary to the benefits they receive (family plans: dental, medical, etc.) and take a 1 year pay freeze because their salaries kept going up by 5% DURING the recession, without inflation.

Nice job avoiding the point, haha. Bottom line is that we can't afford their pension or salary any longer, we have to start holding them accountable and letting them know. The public sector unions are a joke, nobody's ever fired, and we pay them way too much. Look at Christie's situation. He asked the teachers' unions to pay 1.5% of their salary to the benefits they receive (family plans: dental, medical, etc.) and take a 1 year pay freeze because their salaries kept going up by 5% DURING the recession, without inflation.

How much of a pay cut is governor Crispie Cream taking. How much of an increase in benefit cost is he voting himself?

You've obviously never worked IN the public sector and are just parroting RW talking points about public sector workers.

That's one state...take a look at my state. This past contract, we lost three days of paid time off permanently, a TWO year pay freeze, pay 4% of our gross towards our benefits and new hires have an additional 5 years to wait before they're vested(state matched the 7% contribution towards their pensions). I'm not a teacher, just regular state employee.

Lastly, I don't know how they do it in Jersey, but in PA, the individual School Districts negotiate contracts, not the governor.

Forum List

Back