Average teacher makes $44G while their top union bosses pull in nearly $500G Read mo

And corporations fucking over employees in regards to wages, benefits and outsourcing have nothing to do with any of this, right? Let me clue you in on something, a well paid workforce means more tax revenue. That means more in the coffers. I know that Conservatives want to bemoan government at every turn, but our private sector deserves a large chunk of the blame too. Not to mention that the less the Federal government helps the States, the more they have to deal with, and it's a much greater burden at the state level than it is at the Federal.

Lastly...a government will NEVER make a profit. It provides services to the general public via tax dollars. The only thing a government can hope for is to take in more in revenues than it spends to save up for bad times. But we cannot create our own bad times by pandering to Corporate America and allowing them to do whatever the hell they want to the workforce AND then, take away our safety nets on top of it. That's the recipe for turning this great country into the biggest Banana Republic the world has ever seen. Some think we are on the verge of it now...and while I tend to disagree, it's not all that far behind....when you look at the income inequality here as compared to those types of countries.

Pub dupes can't even recognize OBSCENE. Absolutete total arrogant ignorami ugly 'Mericans. Look in the mirror, you're the a-hole ugly 'Mericans the world hates...like the worst Yankee fans. Absolutely clueless tools...

No...I am sorry. Republican governors negotiate contracts too. During my 25 years in the State system, we've had Dick Thornburgh(R), Bob Casey(D), Tom Ridge(R), Ed Rendell(D), and Tom CORBETT(R).

Of course something has got to give....did you not read my post? But, the problem with you guys is you want ultra Draconian cuts right now with little to no regard to the people's lives you are going to destroy. My wife and I both work for the Commonwealth and we are 10 years from 35 and a full retirement. Smaller, less expensive government can be done humanely...by attrition.

you don't give a shit about humane when you're screaming to raise everyone's taxes.

Taxes have to be raised.

No they don't cut waste and spending.

Pub dupes! Absolute morons...CEOs now making 350x the workers....used to be 23x in the 50's, this union guy makes 12x. BFD...

CEO's actually do something, They Run a Company and Make a profit for their Share holders. All these fucking Public Sector Union Big wigs do is Take money, and give it to one Political Party over the other all the time.

Seeing how you are a Die Hard Liberal, I understand why you don't see a problem with that.

lol

So...that's what your real problem is? That unions almost exclusively give to Dems? Perhaps if the GOP weren't hell bent on turning America into a small group of haves with a vast majority of have nots....then to destroy all the programs that the have nots use to survive on...maybe those mean 'ol union guys would throw your boys a bone too.

Pub dupes! Absolute morons...CEOs now making 350x the workers....used to be 23x in the 50's, this union guy makes 12x. BFD...

CEO's actually do something, They Run a Company and Make a profit for their Share holders. All these fucking Public Sector Union Big wigs do is Take money, and give it to one Political Party over the other all the time.

Seeing how you are a Die Hard Liberal, I understand why you don't see a problem with that.

lol

So...that's what your real problem is? That unions almost exclusively give to Dems? Perhaps if the GOP weren't hell bent on turning America into a small group of haves with a vast majority of have nots....then to destroy all the programs that the have nots use to survive on...maybe those mean 'ol union guys would throw your boys a bone too.

we don't need your bones, we just need you to pay your own damn way.

lol

Fuck you bitch. I've been paying into the system my whole dammed life. How bout you? Ever collect unemployment? Take food stamps during a rough patch? I NEVER have...not once. I've been working since I was 14 and never asked anyone for anything. Go fuck yourself.

Fuck you bitch. I've been paying into the system my whole dammed life. How bout you? Ever collect unemployment? Take food stamps during a rough patch? I NEVER have...not once. I've been working since I was 14 and never asked anyone for anything. Go fuck yourself.

She's on Medicare lolol. Seriously.

That's why when she said we need to cut spending and waste, I suggested that we start with her Medicare and Social Security.

lol

No, The real problem is that Politicians from Either Party Lack the Proper Motivation to Negotiate well on behave of the Tax Payer. They Are to Easily Corrupted with Promises of A donation or 2, and it really does not matter what party they come from.

They to often use Accounting tricks to pass the Bulk of the Costs of the Contracts they agree to down the road to a time they will likely not even be around to be blamed for it. The very Reasons even FDR warned about Public Sector Unions.

The Fact the most of their money they give goes to Democrats only serves to show that they likely get better deals when negotiating with Democrats most of the time, But the Truth is, Most of the time it does not matter what letter they Have by their name, they lack the Proper Motivation to Negotiate in Good faith with on Behave of the Tax Payers, which leads to the Situation we face today.

Massive Unsustainable Legacy Costs at the State and Local Level all across the Nation, and Cities facing very tough, and Harsh cuts, or Bankruptcy.

It behooves the Public Sector Unions in these Hardest Hit Cities to come to the Table and Negotiate, because they will surely get a better deal that way, than they will in Bankruptcy court.

They already have- Many thanks to Pubs for cutting payments to states and localities. Austerity is stupid. And thanks for the depression and gov't paralysis....

So the head of the union earns 10 times + the salary of the average teacher, is that your point? Would a little context help?

PolitiFact | Viral Facebook post on CEO-worker pay ratio has obscure past

There's hyperbole on each side of the aisle, but the 'facts' as checked by the Tampa Bay Times seems to indicate that the union boss in the example from Fox is underpaid if compared to the compensation of CEO's in private firms.

Fox lies, a lie can be one of omission or one of commission or both.

The CEO in a private company is paying those people to work for him. The union boss, on the other hand, is not employing those teachers. He is instead taking their money from them, in many cases whether they want him to or not.

Nope I will not. go fuck myself. dummie.

That's why when she said we need to cut spending and waste, I suggested that we start with her Medicare and Social Security.

obama already did start on your medicare and social security he told you he was giving you a thousand bucks back on your paychecks but what he's really doing is stealing from your future.. you want me off medicare and social security.. send me back every dime that was ripped out of my pockets to fund the bitches,, bitch.

How dare people question the salaries of the 1%ers at the helm of the Teachers Unions... You people should be ashamed of yourselves. It's for the Ch... Ch... Children.

Get it straight, Taz.

The union members choose the union leaders and pay them accordingly.

Not your business if not in the union, but you should tell it straight.

So the head of the union earns 10 times + the salary of the average teacher, is that your point? Would a little context help?

PolitiFact | Viral Facebook post on CEO-worker pay ratio has obscure past

There's hyperbole on each side of the aisle, but the 'facts' as checked by the Tampa Bay Times seems to indicate that the union boss in the example from Fox is underpaid if compared to the compensation of CEO's in private firms.

Fox lies, a lie can be one of omission or one of commission or both.

The CEO in a private company is paying those people to work for him. The union boss, on the other hand, is not employing those teachers. He is instead taking their money from them, in many cases whether they want him to or not.

Average teacher makes $44G while their top union bosses pull in nearly $500G | Fox News

And you left wing hacks will continue to let these union bosses live the high life..
CEO Pay: Highest Salaries Equal 3,489 Years For Typical Worker

WASHINGTON -- David Simon of Simon Property received a pay package worth more than $137 million for last year, and the typical CEO took home $9.6 million, according to an analysis by The Associated Press.

Here are some ways to think about just how much money those salaries represent.

Simon's $137 million is almost entirely in stock awards that could eventually be worth $132 million. The company said it wanted to make sure Simon wasn't lured to another company.

HOW LONG IT TAKES OTHERS TO MAKE THAT MUCH: A minimum wage worker – paid $7.25 per hour, as some workers at Simon malls are – would have to work one month shy of 9,096 years to make what Simon made last year. A person making the national median salary, $39,312 by AP calculations, would have to work 3,489 years.

BY THE HOUR: Assuming Simon worked a 60-hour week, his pay was $43,963.64 per hour, or $732.73 per minute. To put that in perspective, the minimum-wage worker would have to labor for nearly three years to make what Simon earns in an hour. The average U.S. worker makes slightly less in one year than Simon makes in an hour.

COMPARED WITH AMERICA'S CEO: Simon makes about 342 times the $400,000 annual salary of President Barack Obama. In fact, if you add the salaries of Obama, Vice President Joe Biden, the Cabinet, the Supreme Court justices, all the members of the Senate and House of Representatives and all 50 governors, it is less than $110 million, so Simon makes well more than government's top 600 leaders. In the past 100 years, U.S. taxpayers have paid a total of $80.6 million, adjusted for inflation, to presidents from Woodrow Wilson to Obama.

The median CEO salary of $9.587 million:

HOW LONG IT TAKES OTHERS TO MAKE THAT MUCH: A minimum wage worker would have to work 636 years to make that much. A person making the national average salary would have to work 244 years to make the median CEO salary.

BY THE HOUR: If you assume the CEO works a 60-hour week, the pay comes to $3,072.84 per hour, or $51.21 per minute. To put that in perspective, the minimum wage worker would have to labor more than 10 weeks to make what the median CEO earns in an hour. It would take the average U.S. worker nearly a month to make what the average CEO makes in an hour.

COMPARED WITH AMERICA'S CEO: The CEO who made the median salary took in 12 times the total $789,674 in gross income that President Obama reported last year. But it is less than half the $20.9 million in income that presumptive Republican nominee Mitt Romney reported in his tax filing.

This shit's gotta stop.. By that I mean gross ignorance about salaries and packages.

If a CEO gets a "pay package" of $120M -- MOST of that is in Stock Options. One i'm familiar with (because a leftist claimed he made $1BILL a year) is the CEO of United HealthCare --- He gets $48M. But only about $6M is in pay and benefits. So $42M of that is transfer of STOCK (company equity) thru STOCK OPTIONS.

At this point -- I have to assume that ALL THESE WHINY LEFTISTS have no idea what thatt means. Stock Options do not come from Cash Flow. They do not come from Corporate profit.

Stock Options DO NOT AFFECT either the ability to pay salaries of employers OR the cost of goods to consumers.

It is not being STOLEN from ANYONE.. It is a proper INTERNAL transfer of equity in the company to REFLECT the fact that the Gen Mgr should be a partial owner of the venture.

When you look at just salaries, all those BIG SCARY numbers go away. And all you see is incentive to properly direct the THOUSANDS of workers, dozens of businesses, and all the responsibilities of that position..

Which BTW are a LOT MORE exhausting than what Hollywood actors do 3 months a year to make their $100M "package"..

EDIT ____ Now those UNION SALARIES AND PACKAGES that we're talking about in the OP --- STRAIGHT CASH BENEFITS...
Right out of the pockets of their membership...

Go ponder that...

Last edited:
And corporations fucking over employees in regards to wages, benefits and outsourcing have nothing to do with any of this, right? Let me clue you in on something, a well paid workforce means more tax revenue. That means more in the coffers. I know that Conservatives want to bemoan government at every turn, but our private sector deserves a large chunk of the blame too. Not to mention that the less the Federal government helps the States, the more they have to deal with, and it's a much greater burden at the state level than it is at the Federal.

Lastly...a government will NEVER make a profit. It provides services to the general public via tax dollars. The only thing a government can hope for is to take in more in revenues than it spends to save up for bad times. But we cannot create our own bad times by pandering to Corporate America and allowing them to do whatever the hell they want to the workforce AND then, take away our safety nets on top of it. That's the recipe for turning this great country into the biggest Banana Republic the world has ever seen. Some think we are on the verge of it now...and while I tend to disagree, it's not all that far behind....when you look at the income inequality here as compared to those types of countries.

Except for the $TRILLION in profit that OUR GOVT STOLE from excess FICA charges over 30 years. Perhaps the largest SKIM operation in the history of world.. All pissed away into the General Fund with NOTHING of value to show for it. Taken LARGELY out of the pockets of the working poor...

Sheeezz --- THe all-knowing, all-moral government is your god...

These are the guys who renewed Mohammed Attah's visa AFTER HE DIED. And pay GE $100 for every GREEN dishwasher they sell. And have been bombing 5 countries a year thru both DEM and REP admins..

Something that she was FORCED to pay into and deserves to be served. THIS crap -- is why the American people don't trust you mean vengeful idiots with anymore UNIVERSAL programs..

Forum List

Back