Average teacher makes $44G while their top union bosses pull in nearly $500G Read mo

Further from true story. It wasn't the employees that "busted" state budgets, it was the recession. Public employees are just the ones being asked to PAY for someone else's malfeasance by taking away or cutting their PROMISED benefits (that they took in exchange for lower wages)

Nice job avoiding the point, haha. Bottom line is that we can't afford their pension or salary any longer, we have to start holding them accountable and letting them know. The public sector unions are a joke, nobody's ever fired, and we pay them way too much. Look at Christie's situation. He asked the teachers' unions to pay 1.5% of their salary to the benefits they receive (family plans: dental, medical, etc.) and take a 1 year pay freeze because their salaries kept going up by 5% DURING the recession, without inflation.

That's one state...take a look at my state. This past contract, we lost three days of paid time off permanently, a TWO year pay freeze, pay 4% of our gross towards our benefits and new hires have an additional 5 years to wait before they're vested(state matched the 7% contribution towards their pensions). I'm not a teacher, just regular state employee.

Lastly, I don't know how they do it in Jersey, but in PA, the individual School Districts negotiate contracts, not the governor.

IDIOT. They shouldn't HAVE TO negotiate ANYTHING.

As a taxpayer I am entitled to know where the money that the public employees in my state are now paying goes. I know not all of it is used to balance the budget. If it is given to corporations then I am entitled, fully entitled to know how many jobs were created and how much each job is pays. So it will be time for private corporations to disclose to me where the jobs they created are. Simply makes total common sense.

Further from true story. It wasn't the employees that "busted" state budgets, it was the recession. Public employees are just the ones being asked to PAY for someone else's malfeasance by taking away or cutting their PROMISED benefits (that they took in exchange for lower wages)

Nice job avoiding the point, haha. Bottom line is that we can't afford their pension or salary any longer, we have to start holding them accountable and letting them know. The public sector unions are a joke, nobody's ever fired, and we pay them way too much. Look at Christie's situation. He asked the teachers' unions to pay 1.5% of their salary to the benefits they receive (family plans: dental, medical, etc.) and take a 1 year pay freeze because their salaries kept going up by 5% DURING the recession, without inflation.

How much of a pay cut is governor Crispie Cream taking. How much of an increase in benefit cost is he voting himself?

You've obviously never worked IN the public sector and are just parroting RW talking points about public sector workers.

HAAHAH, good job completing avoiding the post! I have no idea what to say to your post, because there is nothing to say. The private sector struggled so much more (lack of wanting to use a better term) than the public sector in NJ... So you're point is completely invalid.

That's one state...take a look at my state. This past contract, we lost three days of paid time off permanently, a TWO year pay freeze, pay 4% of our gross towards our benefits and new hires have an additional 5 years to wait before they're vested(state matched the 7% contribution towards their pensions). I'm not a teacher, just regular state employee.

Lastly, I don't know how they do it in Jersey, but in PA, the individual School Districts negotiate contracts, not the governor.

Rightfully so.

so...if you deem teachers worth minimum wage, they should just accept it? fuck you.

In conclusion we see an overwhelming majority of liberals are just fine with a big government failed public union system turning out dolts. Now we must assume it is blind Marxist ideology they ALL follow whether they're aware of it or not. Its that plus they play dumb but knowing the anti American revised history and indoctrination is what they want. They teach what to believe in school now not free thought or open honesty. Just a thought while reading the defense of the indefensible - teacher unions.

Rightfully so.

rightfully so...what? individual school districts negotiating? the shitty contract? both?
The point you guys always harp on is that public sector unions hold taxpayers hostage and that they continually get big contracts. This is not true.....we've been paying into our benefits package for the last three contracts at the rate if 3% for the first two...and at 4% under this one. We've been paying 7% into our pension fund ever since I started back in the 80's.

We realized that times are tough right now and agreed to take those cuts and not complain....in fact, the only reason I mentioned it is because of you people and your constant demonization.

I know that every state is different, but it seems to me that you guys love to take the worst case example and assign it to every public employee. That's misinformation. That's lying. You add those numbers up and you get 11% right off the top....THEN we pay taxes on top of it. We tend not to complain about that either.

Don't give me that shit about my pay is really your money either. I perform a service to the taxpayer and the taxpayer compensates me. once that transaction takes place, it's not even remotely your money anymore. It's mine.

so...if you deem teachers worth minimum wage, they should just accept it? fuck you.

HAHA, they wouldn't be paid minimum wage or nobody would do the job? Do you understand a free market capitalist nation?

Rightfully so.

rightfully so...what? individual school districts negotiating? the shitty contract? both?
The point you guys always harp on is that public sector unions hold taxpayers hostage and that they continually get big contracts. This is not true.....we've been paying into our benefits package for the last three contracts at the rate if 3% for the first two...and at 4% under this one. We've been paying 7% into our pension fund ever since I started back in the 80's.

We realized that times are tough right now and agreed to take those cuts and not complain....in fact, the only reason I mentioned it is because of you people and your constant demonization.

I know that every state is different, but it seems to me that you guys love to take the worst case example and assign it to every public employee. That's misinformation. That's lying. You add those numbers up and you get 11% right off the top....THEN we pay taxes on top of it. We tend not to complain about that either.

Don't give me that shit about my pay is really your money either. I perform a service to the taxpayer and the taxpayer compensates me. once that transaction takes place, it's not even remotely your money anymore. It's mine.

The fact is that public employees are compensated way too much. No police officer should be able to work until he is 50 and then receive a full pension after his retirement. Same with firefighters. It's a fact that public employee unions are bankrupting states. The public sector hasn't been hit as hard as the private sector and they're taking advantage of 5% salary raises ever year and full medical, and then we pay their pensions when they retire at 20 years old.

The fact is that public employees are compensated way too much. No police officer should be able to work until he is 50 and then receive a full pension after his retirement. Same with firefighters. It's a fact that public employee unions are bankrupting states. The public sector hasn't been hit as hard as the private sector and they're taking advantage of 5% salary raises ever year and full medical, and then we pay their pensions when they retire at 20 years old.

re-read my post...then read what you wrote. Like I said...I can only speak for PA...and in PA your whole rant is a lie. We haven't gotten a 5% raise in the entire time I'be been working...the BEST one we got was a 4% raise one year in a contract...this past one we agreed to a two year pay freeze. We help pay into our own pension funds....fuck it...if you read my post, you know this.

I'll tell you what....PROVE your accusations. They are yours...you do the legwork. go to the Federal Employee's retirement system website and get the details.....Then go to the other 49 States(I already gave you one) and find out their details.

I'd be willing to bet my left nut that you are making shit up or parroting from some right wing media source.

NBarnes12, HAAHAH, good job completing avoiding the post!

steelplate is cleaning you up in PA. Move along, nothing to offer.

re-read my post...then read what you wrote. Like I said...I can only speak for PA...and in PA your whole rant is a lie. We haven't gotten a 5% raise in the entire time I'be been working...the BEST one we got was a 4% raise one year in a contract...this past one we agreed to a two year pay freeze. We help pay into our own pension funds....fuck it...if you read my post, you know this.

I'll tell you what....PROVE your accusations. They are yours...you do the legwork. go to the Federal Employee's retirement system website and get the details.....Then go to the other 49 States(I already gave you one) and find out their details.

I'd be willing to bet my left nut that you are making shit up or parroting from some right wing media source.

No, I could care less about PA. I'm not sure on the exact details (considering I don't live there) on PA's situation but I'm talking about the states that are in trouble, which PA isn't compared to others. Your senator, Mr. Toomey, is actually my best friend's uncle and I've met with him plenty of times. Great man. Thanks for disregarding every point I made for the USA by pointing to PA.

Oh, goodness. No supporting facts or sources, Nbarnes12. You gotta play your cards to win. Your cards are blank right at the moment.

No, I could care less about PA. I'm not sure on the exact details (considering I don't live there) on PA's situation but I'm talking about the states that are in trouble, which PA isn't compared to others. Your senator, Mr. Toomey, is actually my best friend's uncle and I've met with him plenty of times. Great man. Thanks for disregarding every point I made for the USA by pointing to PA.

Last edited:

hey...you're the one speaking in generalities with no specifics. Toomey's a Wall Street Hack. Put more money in more people's hands.....that means pay people real wages again and the REVENUE problem goes away. not only that, but they will actually have MONEY TO SPEND to stimulate the economy....or we can keep giving blow jobs to corporate America and Wall Street and watch America falter while we wait for a trickle down that's never gonna happen.

You can't keep fucking over the vast majority of the population then sit there and say "we spend too much". We didn't have a problem paying our bills when the workforce was properly compensated for their labors. Now, we have more and more of the private sector workforce barely holding on...the folks at the top making an absolute killing...and them turning around and saying "it's all government's fault".

don't even start on the free market shit. The market isn't free...it's rigged. Any time an American Corporation can say "fuck you...if you don't like what we're paying you, I'm shipping your job to China" That's not free....that's extortion. It scares the piss out of the workforce and makes them compliant. Furthermore, it's sucking trillions of dollars of wealth out of the country and into the hands of foreign governments and foreign workers.....that's treasonous, IMO.

does government share some of the blame? Of course...but it's not the sole reason.

hey...you're the one speaking in generalities with no specifics. Toomey's a Wall Street Hack. Put more money in more people's hands.....that means pay people real wages again and the REVENUE problem goes away. not only that, but they will actually have MONEY TO SPEND to stimulate the economy....or we can keep giving blow jobs to corporate America and Wall Street and watch America falter while we wait for a trickle down that's never gonna happen.

You can't keep fucking over the vast majority of the population then sit there and say "we spend too much". We didn't have a problem paying our bills when the workforce was properly compensated for their labors. Now, we have more and more of the private sector workforce barely holding on...the folks at the top making an absolute killing...and them turning around and saying "it's all government's fault".

don't even start on the free market shit. The market isn't free...it's rigged. Any time an American Corporation can say "fuck you...if you don't like what we're paying you, I'm shipping your job to China" That's not free....that's extortion. It scares the piss out of the workforce and makes them compliant. Furthermore, it's sucking trillions of dollars of wealth out of the country and into the hands of foreign governments and foreign workers.....that's treasonous, IMO.

does government share some of the blame? Of course...but it's not the sole reason.

Wait, didn't we try that with the stimulus? Sorry, it didn't work.

And republicans shipping jobs overseas? President Obama is the one shipping jobs overseas and making deals with public employer unions, not the republicans. The market isn't free because of your party, if it were up to my party the market would be a free one. Obviously you don't understand capitalism, or you just don't like it. If a person doesn't like what a corporation pays them, they'll just work at a different location and that corporation will have to adjust or they'll get destroyed in the market.

I don't see what your point is by saying the people at the top are making an absolute "killing"? That's your party who's doing it, not mine. The public sector unions are the ones not feeling the recession like the private sector.

Don't worry, you'll understand someday.

Forum List

Back