Australian born and bred.

(I thought about starting an intro thread.

Then I read this one.):cuckoo:

Welcome.....I have a Hat made of Kangaroo

jeffhat.jpg

The tribe has spoken.

I am gob smacked; so much life and energy and people talking with vivre. All I did was say - G'day. I don't quite know how to respond except to say I feel welcomed. I haven't even posted anything beyond the Introduction yet.

I do need to firstly note that Ringel05's map of the world is correct. Australia is on top. I'm fairly certain Frogen would agree. Let's possibly count Dr Grump in there as well? It's most hot in this part of the world. The recent bush fires through South Australia and NSW signal this. Did any of you follow last year's Black Saturday's fire storms?

JenyEliza I like your feisty traits. Give stick! Also thx for the welcome and the piece of advice.

Bfgrn ... a follower of Camus? a reader of his works?

Disappointment for both Zoom-Boing and Asaratis, I am neither female nor a dog.

Vera? Yeah, our immigration is tight in some ways, yet, has holes. Witness the plight of asylum seekers here of late. Because we are an island continent, some set forth across the seas from Asia to hopefully escape one life and begin a new one. Unfortunately, there are people smugglers involved which makes for sticky principles and decisions.

I know, I haven't responded to all so I will say : Thx all.

*shakes head* I know I have forgotten to mention some one who took time to give advice in one of the early posts.

I am gob smacked; so much life and energy and people talking with vivre. All I did was say - G'day. I don't quite know how to respond except to say I feel welcomed. I haven't even posted anything beyond the Introduction yet.

You think *this* was fun? Just wait....we've only just got started, us crazy Americans. :D

I do need to firstly note that Ringel05's map of the world is correct. Australia is on top. I'm fairly certain Frogen would agree. Let's possibly count Dr Grump in there as well? It's most hot in this part of the world. The recent bush fires through South Australia and NSW signal this. Did any of you follow last year's Black Saturday's fire storms?

I suspected you might have something to say about that map! :D

I did follow your bushfires, and extend my deepest condolences to you and your countrymen. What a huge tragedy...hard to believe the one year mark is nearby already.

Believe it or not I read Aussie (online) newspapers pretty much every day. Most recently entertaining myself with your Gold Coast Schoolies event. :D

And while you're sitting over there on your side of the world sweating your proverbial arse off, we're here on our side of the world freezing our tookus' off! ;) Why, even my very southern city of Atlanta got SNOW this weekend (in the US southern is closer to the equator, as in AUS being northern is the same as being southern....did you get that?) ;)

In fact, it's so cold here that tonight we went out and bought the cat a SNUGGIE! I hear these inventions were quite the hit in AUS last winter (our summer). ;)

Heck, if this cold foul weather keeps up, I'll be picking up a pair of UGG boots for the Puss to boot!

JenyEliza I like your feisty traits. Give stick! Also thx for the welcome and the piece of advice.

I don't know about in Australia, but I sure hope giving stick is a good thing! :redface: :eusa_whistle:

If not, then I *definitely don't* do that! ;) :lol:

Bfgrn ... a follower of Camus? a reader of his works?

I can't speak for Bfgrn, so I'll leave this to be answered by them.

Disappointment for both Zoom-Boing and Asaratis, I am neither female nor a dog.

Yes, a big disappointment in Boinky and Ass. They got it wrong again. ;)

Vera? Yeah, our immigration is tight in some ways, yet, has holes. Witness the plight of asylum seekers here of late. Because we are an island continent, some set forth across the seas from Asia to hopefully escape one life and begin a new one. Unfortunately, there are people smugglers involved which makes for sticky principles and decisions.

Yeah, your immigration system is screwed up. How sad is it that a healthy 40 something American can't immigrate to your country because they're TOO OLD? :eek: :cuckoo:

I know---I asked. You guys handed me a rocking chair and told me to get busy knitting! :lol:

As for our immigration system -- heck, we don't have one really. We just let anybody in who can cross the finish line (ie, border). Then we set 'em up with food stamps, cash welfare benefits, medicare, rental subsidies, and we make their kids CITIZENS too. We gringos are very generous (and muy estupidio) here.

We don't have people smugglers here. We have COYOTES here.....and regardless what they tell you, they are carnivores and cannibals. They will sell their Granny's soul for the almightly US dollar, and bring in some plumb loco immigrantes. Just what we need here in the US....more crazy people bearing arms. :D

I know, I haven't responded to all so I will say : Thx all.

*shakes head* I know I have forgotten to mention some one who took time to give advice in one of the early posts.

I'm sure you did, but that's OK.. You've got the REST OF YOUR LIFE to post here....so get busy. No rocking chair or knitting needles for you! :lol:

*bows to all* Swept away by the tides of determinism V freewill my time was ransomed elsewhere.

You think *this* was fun? Just wait....we've only just got started, us crazy Americans.

This, lady, is indeed a claim worthy of the testing. Craziness often denotes another sight.

I suspected you might have something to say about that map!

Indeed, simply that its correct orientation is self-evident. What more needs be said?

I did follow your bushfires, and extend my deepest condolences to you and your countrymen. What a huge tragedy...hard to believe the one year mark is nearby already.

Believe it or not I read Aussie (online) newspapers pretty much every day. Most recently entertaining myself with your Gold Coast Schoolies event.

Thx. *bows to the gracious lady* We also felt for those caught up in the Cali fires which ravage with similar, if not worse, fire storms. Natural disasters level the field? We are much the same when it comes to a fire controlling the immediate moment? Flight or fight.

I don't know about in Australia, but I sure hope giving stick is a good thing! :redface: :eusa_whistle:

]If not, then I *definitely don't* do that!

:eusa_think:

Yes, a big disappointment in Boinky and Ass. They got it wrong again.

Indeed, as I am male. Could it be they connote femaleness to only certain characteristic?

Yeah, your immigration system is screwed up. How sad is it that a healthy 40 something American can't immigrate to your country because they're TOO OLD?

Age alone is not a discriminator - skill and contribution to society are often judged. An immigration policy needs to account not just for the individual?

As for our immigration system -- heck, we don't have one really. We just let anybody in who can cross the finish line (ie, border). Then we set 'em up with food stamps, cash welfare benefits, medicare, rental subsidies, and we make their kids CITIZENS too. We gringos are very generous (and muy estupidio) here.

I have read of ghettoes in America and the marginalization of ethnic groups. Indeed, I was surprised in my recent reading that NYC probably has the largest number of immigrants [illegal and otherwise]. However can any have a chance in a large city? This baffles me.

We don't have people smugglers here. We have COYOTES here.....and regardless what they tell you, they are carnivores and cannibals. They will sell their Granny's soul for the almightly US dollar, and bring in some plumb loco immigrantes. Just what we need here in the US....more crazy people bearing arms.

:confused: Truly so? This fulfills stereotypes I have tried my best to avoid. If we were to speak of Americans, then I would say they are probably cursed by more stereotypes than any other group I know of.

I'm sure you did, but that's OK.. You've got the REST OF YOUR LIFE to post here....so get busy. No rocking chair or knitting needles for you!

Indeed I did.

I anticipate a lively time here and thx to all for your greetings. I hope I haven't missed too much while toiling elsewhere.

I have followed the controversy of Climategate; the increasing questions which hover over Obama *lol* even the ditch digging of Tiger Woods.

What else have I not paid attention to which is worthy of note?

Last edited:
I have read of ghettoes in America and the marginalization of ethnic groups. Indeed, I was surprised in my recent reading that NYC probably has the largest number of immigrants [illegal and otherwise]. However can any have a chance in a large city? This baffles me.
Our country is a living contradiction. Take, for instance, the current leaders of our two political parties:

obama8.jpg
michael-steele-punked.jpg

Yet, blacks are the poorest racial demographic in the country, and our jails are overflowing with violent young black men.

Truly so? This fulfills stereotypes I have tried my best to avoid. If we were to speak of Americans, then I would say they are probably cursed by more stereotypes than any other group I know of.

Jeny failed to mention that the coyotes are Mexican, not American. Like this cute girl, who was caught selling weaponry to coyotes running the border:

article-1170064-047231DB000005DC-330_634x389.jpg

Last edited:
Our country is a living contradiction. Take, for instance, the current leaders of our two political parties ... Yet, blacks are the poorest racial demographic in the country, and our jails are overflowing with violent young black men.

Oic ... class transcends race? By class I mean upbringing, background and of course, money. Well, that's no more an aspect of the contradictory nature of any society when looked at. I guess it's then more a matter of degree?

Truly so? This fulfills stereotypes I have tried my best to avoid. If we were to speak of Americans, then I would say they are probably cursed by more stereotypes than any other group I know of.

Jeny failed to mention that the Coyotes are Mexican, not American. Like this cute girl, who was caught selling weaponry to drug-runners on the border ...

And, your point about American sterotypes?

Our country is a living contradiction. Take, for instance, the current leaders of our two political parties ... Yet, blacks are the poorest racial demographic in the country, and our jails are overflowing with violent young black men.

Oic ... class transcends race? By class I mean upbringing, background and of course, money. Well, that's no more an aspect of the contradictory nature of any society when looked at. I guess it's then more a matter of degree?
Class is determined by money, money, and money. Some old New Englanders still cling to old aristocratic values, but they're a dying breed. Anything and everything you want to do in America requires money...the more you have, the better.

You say money cannot buy happiness? Good luck finding a partner who'll pay for everything! They're dying out with the east-coast aristocrats.

Jeny failed to mention that the Coyotes are Mexican, not American. Like this cute girl, who was caught selling weaponry to drug-runners on the border ...

And, your point about American sterotypes?[/QUOTE]
That we currently have a nation of 111,211,789 people ruled largely by criminal syndicates on our southern border?

Not so long ago a friend asked my brother if my bark was worse than my bite. He said 'no'. :cool:

Welcome newbie.

newbie? from someone who's been here since october? you're cute. ;)

lol...

Is it overly complicated for one newbie to refer to another newbie as newbie? I do apologize.

Fucking old guard and their obsessional whining about 'newbies'.

HOLY MARY MOTHER OF CHRIST!!!

You have only been posting for 2 months and already have 82 rep power?

That's faster than Si Modo!

Indeed, as I am male. Could it be they connote femaleness to only certain characteristic?

Could have been that silly-assed font in the OP...and don't you dare go back and change it!

It just looked liked something a female would do. :eusa_whistle:

...but it was only a bet I made...ain't the first and won't be the last I've lost.

HOLY MARY MOTHER OF CHRIST!!!

You have only been posting for 2 months and already have 82 rep power?

That's faster than Si Modo!
I'm proud to say that I brought both of em here! :D

Now, if only they could teach me their secret...

Last edited:
Yeah, me too......I think we should invade Australia to plunder their resources and capture their wimmins instead of some Muslim Backwater.:razz:
No need to invade...they'll sell it to us! Australia is very capitalist, after all.

Probably why their unemployed is hovering around 4% right now...

Yeah, me too......I think we should invade Australia to plunder their resources and capture their wimmins instead of some Muslim Backwater.:razz:
No need to invade...they'll sell it to us! Australia is very capitalist, after all.

Unhappily, they'll probably not accept US$:confused:

You think they'd trade Melbourn
melbourne-street-rolls-flowers.jpg

for Detroit?
det0001.jpg

Unhappily, they'll probably not accept US$:confused:

You think they'd trade Melbourn
melbourne-street-rolls-flowers.jpg

for Detroit?
det0001.jpg

God that's depressing.

No. Not at al.

The fact that you continue to willfully misspell the word "for" as "fer" indicates the level of intelligence we're all dealing with when we encounter you..

As in. Not. Much.

Usually you're not too bad, but today you seem to be quite out of sorts. What's the deal? :eusa_think:

The deal is that I do not need a mental midget lecturing me on proper spelling when anyone can see that I am purposefully using it for vernacular reasons. Didja understand all that?

The deal is you're a midget period--mental and physical. And your "vernacular reasons" just makes you look STOOPID, asswipe.

Didja get that?? :woohoo:

So in yer view, my using different spellings for words for reasons that I have stated, makes me stupid. And then you go on to use the exact same spellings in yer rebuttal to me. Which makes you......stupid.

Didn't ever take a logic course in school, didja?

^ No clue where you got that from.

My 'I thought this was a thread about Australian sheepdogs' was humor, that's all. Obviously, you and Jeny missed that. Not everyone on here is so serious. :D

Heya all from Australia!

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.

- Clark.

I'm a neophyte at politics, here to test my views and evolve them. I do, however, have values firmly placed in humanitarianism. I don't subscribe to Camus' : "Man is the only creature that refuses to be what he is." If we can't better ourselves, see higher and wider than the horizon before us, then there's small point in striving and the person left tasting the ashes of defeat is yourself.

I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious.

~Albert Einstein.

The words of a man I find inspirational.

:eusa_think:

How is Islam treating Australia?

Forum List

Back