Australian born and bred.

Heya all from Australia!

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.

- Clark.

I'm a neophyte at politics, here to test my views and evolve them. I do, however, have values firmly placed in humanitarianism. I don't subscribe to Camus' : "Man is the only creature that refuses to be what he is." If we can't better ourselves, see higher and wider than the horizon before us, then there's small point in striving and the person left tasting the ashes of defeat is yourself.

I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious.

~Albert Einstein.

The words of a man I find inspirational.

:eusa_think:

A few years ago, when I found that I had a bit more free time available to me, I also got involved in politics and discussions of politics. I also was very much a green weenie. Immersion into political discussions is an effective way to better your knowledge of current events in the political arena and to better your debating skills. It can get very heated at times. It can get very inane at times, as well - thus the frustration that comes with it.

So, I was in the same boat several years ago. I wouldn't change the way I chose to get involved once I had more free time available, either. As long as you value being informed, the skill of debate, logic, and have no fear of being wrong (and can publicly admit it) above partisan points, I think you will find it rewarding as well. You come with a great recommendation behind you, too.

Take a mafia mentality to it - 'it's not personal, it's just business'. It helps.

Oh, and Boink-Boink----this is a message board. You're taking it ENTIRELY too seriously.

If you can't have fun online, WHERE can you have fun?

You ought to try having fun sometime, Boink. It'll do ya good. :D

But Jeny, I AM having fun. :lol: I think you are taking me too srsly. Srsly. Note the petty name thing you use. Tsk, tsk.

You don't like your new name, Boink-Boink? ;)

Tough titty said the kitty when the milk went dry. I like it. :D

Last edited:
Hypocrite, much Boink-Boink? :D

Can't resist trying to get the last word in, eh?

Playing PeeWee Herman are ya?

Your words and how you treat people are what makes you come across as a jackass. But you knew that.

Whatever, Boinky! :D :funnyface:

Do you really think I care what you think?

Not. Really.

Doh! :eusa_doh:

Of course not, why would you? I was just letting you know what I (and more than a few others) think. If you like looking like a fool and insulting others . . . . to each his own.

Welcome to the newest resident from down under!

Seems you already been introduced to the picture rule too. :lol:

Can't resist trying to get the last word in, eh?

Playing PeeWee Herman are ya?

Your words and how you treat people are what makes you come across as a jackass. But you knew that.

Whatever, Boinky! :D :funnyface:

Do you really think I care what you think?

Not. Really.

Doh! :eusa_doh:

Of course not, why would you? I was just letting you know what I (and more than a few others) think. If you like looking like a fool and insulting others . . . . to each his own.

Ok.

Thanks, Boink-Boink. :D

Welcome.
I was trying to find you on the map, point it out for me would ya.

World-Upside-Down-36x56-Ful.jpg

Forum List

Back