atheists will love this.....

Soon our country won't be the one you grew up in, it already isn't the one I grew up in.

Lol! Anyone who wants to grow up in a country that doesn't change throughout their lifetime should move to one of the third world countries. Afghanistan would be a good choice. It hasn't changed in a thousand years!

On the other hand, progress means change.

Soon our country won't be the one you grew up in, it already isn't the one I grew up in.

Lol! Anyone who wants to grow up in a country that doesn't change throughout their lifetime should move to one of the third world countries. Afghanistan would be a good choice. It hasn't changed in a thousand years!

Or is it: Change means progress?

Please, it's all a game. If God is real, then everything is preordained and free will doesn't matter. And if not, what difference does it make?

Please, it's all a game. If God is real, then everything is preordained and free will doesn't matter. And if not, what difference does it make?
Free will yet judged by personal choice and action. Even being preordained as humans we are still given the right of freedom of choice. Earth is simply God's garden.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-3X5hIFXYU

i wonder if you will be able to stay a non-believer.....

should also make sep of church and state an interesting topic.....

All I can say is

ALL PRAISE DUE TO ALLLAH

OH wait, this was suppose make an atheist a Christian right? OH BOO HOOO HOOO--it does not work!!

no the point was ... if the birth rate claims are correct (and it seems they are) and the christian culture dies out (which it is doing) and the muslim culture expands (which it is doing) ....you will not be able to be an atheist nor will church and state be seperate....

And you assume that we who are secular in our beliefs are unable to take care of ourselves?

this video consists of scared xtians admitting 2 things:
-that they and their god = fail
-that Allah is win and is blessing his chosen people with the bounties of the earth and many children, so that Islam will spread around the globe and all the unbelievers will accept Allah

Or............ Islamic assholes are worse than a common rat in reproducing more mouths to feed than they can possibly fill, like any third world mentality, ignorance ....... it is hilarious to read the comments from the haters of Christianity......... you idiots would be the first to get your heads sawed off by chicken shit, masked muslims. The civilized world needs to exterminate them like the roaches they are, blow up their lousy mosques with them inside.

My, my, I suppose that you condemn bigotry.

But change doesn't mean progress. These people are bringing their culture of repressing women here and they are not changing their cuiture, they are changing our culture. It took us too long to get the rights in this country and I don't want to give them up. That's what's happening.

And they've adopted our culture? Really? Have they dated boys outside their faith?

Just do a google, honor killings are happening in the USA and increasing at an alarming rate.
Are Jews who won't date outside their faith un American?

Can you provide some facts to show that honor killings are increasing and are a religious act?

I don't care who in heck anybody dates, but when a girl is murdered by her father for dating someone he doesn't approve of and he claims it's an honor killing, it's wrong. Like I said, google it yourself.

Kind of like promoting murdering a President because he was a Democrat?

Or is it: Change means progress?

The rise of the Taliban was change. The coming of Hitler and Stalin- both were change.

Not all change is progress

Please, it's all a game. If God is real, then everything is preordained and free will doesn't matter

that's not even logical.

Although they were bad events, they did teach us valuable lessons, thus can be considered progress in a round-about way.

KK: I would call the rebuilding progress. The incidents in question and things like the Black Death, the death of the American Republic, the burning of the library at Alexandria, and the spread of most religions are setbacks, not progress. the progress you cite, the lessons learned, are the recovery from those setbacks

is the op concerned with the birthrates of catholics etc...are just the religions he does not believe in...and why is this directed toward athesits....doesnt it concern people of any belief?

Or............ Islamic assholes are worse than a common rat in reproducing more mouths to feed than they can possibly fill, like any third world mentality, ignorance ....... it is hilarious to read the comments from the haters of Christianity......... you idiots would be the first to get your heads sawed off by chicken shit, masked muslims. The civilized world needs to exterminate them like the roaches they are, blow up their lousy mosques with them inside.
Alright, sounds like a plan. Why don't you come down here and start with me, assclown? :lol:

Actually, it would be the Ultra-Conservative Type and Evangelical Christians that will find their heads getting cut off. We all know how they LUUUUVVVVV to speak their faith and condemn others that do not agree with them.

I would sell saws and live by myself. I can stomach a temple, or mosque or synagogue. Hell I could lie and make proclaimations of faith that I do not believe. Tell me again why I would die when my instinct to survive is not hogtied to "Religious principles"??

I speak my faith, but I don't condemn others, that would be against my faith, and you're right, I'd be one of the first to die. Does that make you happy?

I am glad some one of the religious finally gets it.

No--it does not make me happy because you or some one else wish to kill for the sake of some God. Also, I already understand how to deal with religious fanatics enough to stay alive.

So, why should an Atheists be scared of Islamic fanatics? We deal with them all of the time. But i can understand why the Christians will get upset

Conscience of the other religion muscling in onto your home turf. Not that many centuraries ago, Christians were trying to take over those lands in the name of "Jesus Christ--God Almighty". Now the shoe is on the other foot, and you are trying to recruit an army of scared fools. Then you better stick to spreading propaganda in your church.

OH BY the way--do not worry about the radical muslims too much. If the fanatics continue to use violence to force others to obey them, they will find themselves being punished and shunned by the less fanaticals. That is what happens in Christianity. It tends to cycle over and over again.

Are Jews who won't date outside their faith un American?

Can you provide some facts to show that honor killings are increasing and are a religious act?

I don't care who in heck anybody dates, but when a girl is murdered by her father for dating someone he doesn't approve of and he claims it's an honor killing, it's wrong. Like I said, google it yourself.

Kind of like promoting murdering a President because he was a Democrat?

Sorry, but I don't think that happens. Some people may say that, but if they get caught, they can do jail time just for threatening the presidents life. There's a big difference between spouting off your mouth when you don't intend to really do anything and killing your daughter because she shamed you.

We have freedom of speech, we do not have freedom to kill someone just because we don't like their race, politics, religion, etc.

As I said before, the point is, Americans are having fewer children, we are being overrun with immigrants who are having more children and the new immigrants are not assimilating to our culture as the immigrants have in the past. Soon, our culture will disappear, replaced by theirs. It's already happening. Talk to some people who were born here and though they are considered American citizens, they will tell you that they are Mexican, Korean, Ukrainian, etc....they don't consider themselves Americans, but they do take advantage of all the rights their citizenship gives them and then some.

While looking for host families for Japanese students one day, I had one man pull himself up to his full height, look down on me and say "I'm Korean". I apologized and told him "I thought you were American"...to which he had no answer.

Every year it's harder to find host families for the Japanese students because there are fewer and fewer Americans in our city and more and more immigrants who don't share anything with anybody. America and Canada, until recently have been known the world over for the hospitality of their people. we would take in total strangers from other countries, and not ask for payment of any kind. Not so much anymore. Immigrants who've come here are willing to take in students, for a price. That's not the Amerian way. We're losing our culture and so many people don't even see it.

To top that off, we have limited resources and soon we are going to hit a wall where we can't support all those immigrants we've let in and we ourselves will suffer for it. Our state is going to run out of water, according to a study I read, by 2016, at the current level of population growth. Does anybody here remember going to school in the 70's? We were convinced it was bad for the environment, indeed for the world to have more than 2 children per family. By all rights, the lower jobs right now should be paying a lot more, but as our people had fewer children, our government has let in more and more immigrants, both legally and illegally to make up for that. Our income gap is increasing, not decreasing as it should be.

I don't understand why more Americans don't see what's happening and try to stop it.

Actually, it would be the Ultra-Conservative Type and Evangelical Christians that will find their heads getting cut off. We all know how they LUUUUVVVVV to speak their faith and condemn others that do not agree with them.

I would sell saws and live by myself. I can stomach a temple, or mosque or synagogue. Hell I could lie and make proclaimations of faith that I do not believe. Tell me again why I would die when my instinct to survive is not hogtied to "Religious principles"??

I speak my faith, but I don't condemn others, that would be against my faith, and you're right, I'd be one of the first to die. Does that make you happy?

I am glad some one of the religious finally gets it.

No--it does not make me happy because you or some one else wish to kill for the sake of some God. Also, I already understand how to deal with religious fanatics enough to stay alive.

So, why should an Atheists be scared of Islamic fanatics? We deal with them all of the time. But i can understand why the Christians will get upset

Conscience of the other religion muscling in onto your home turf. Not that many centuraries ago, Christians were trying to take over those lands in the name of "Jesus Christ--God Almighty". Now the shoe is on the other foot, and you are trying to recruit an army of scared fools. Then you better stick to spreading propaganda in your church.

OH BY the way--do not worry about the radical muslims too much. If the fanatics continue to use violence to force others to obey them, they will find themselves being punished and shunned by the less fanaticals. That is what happens in Christianity. It tends to cycle over and over again.

Convenient, isn't it, how your history teacher left out the part of the Muslims taking over 1/2 of Europe before the Christians started pushing back. I'm not condoning the Crusades because of my religion, but because in many ways it was right. Stop reading the PC version and read some real versions. The Europeans marched into Jerulselum because after centuries of being able to worship at the Church of the Holy Sepulcher (the supposed burial place of Christ), the Christians were kicked out of the city and no longer allowed to worship there.

The Spanish Inquisition, now THAT was wrong...

Why shouldn't I worry about the fanatical muslims? They took town the WTC. What's more, many muslims were seen dancing in the street, not punishing or shunning those responsible, but actually glorifying them. Not quite the way you think it went down, why do you think it went down the way you do? Who has put a revised version of history into your head? Weren't you here on 9/11/01? Didn't you see it for yourself?

The fanatical muslims have been using force for thousands of years, and no one has stopped them. They will execute a woman for the crime of being raped and no one has stopped them. The countries where Islam is in the majority are being ruled by fanatical muslims and the world isn't stopping them and very few muslims are speaking out against the crimes that are happening in those countries, against women, against Christians, etc.

Oh, and I haven't read every post in this thread, but I saw the threat of burning down their mosques and I want to state right now that I would not put up with that at all. Everyone has the right to their religion. They don't have the right to force it on others, but I will defend to the death their right to worship in their mosques. As you say, not all of them are fanatical. For now, this is still America.

Convenient, isn't it, how your history teacher left out the part of the Muslims taking over 1/2 of Europe before the Christians started pushing back.

Convenient, isn't it, how your history teacher left out the part of Constantine and how xtianithy only survived by
(A) becoming a pagan fiath
(B)Becoming the tool of Rome
(C)Using the sword to spread the faith
(D) Burning 'witches', heretics, and non-believers

Convenient, isn't it, how your history teacher left out the part about xtianity being bases on Judaism, only modified because the masses weren't Israelite and the racist teachings of the Torah commanded they be slain. Judaism, in turn, was spread by
(A) Genocide
(B) Needless warfare to spread abraham's favorite idol
(C)Violent and cruel laws that had no respect for women or human rights

Later, both faiths were forced to abandon the word of their violent, racist, and evil god in great swaths in order to co-exist with peaceable and civilized society

Islam in simply round three, and jews and xtians have no claim to any moral highground, for they are all based in the same poisonous roots

Who has put a revised version of history into your head?

Convenient, isn't it, how your history teacher left out the part of the Muslims taking over 1/2 of Europe before the Christians started pushing back. I'm not condoning the Crusades because of my religion, but because in many ways it was right. Stop reading the PC version and read some real versions. The Europeans marched into Jerulselum because after centuries of being able to worship at the Church of the Holy Sepulcher (the supposed burial place of Christ), the Christians were kicked out of the city and no longer allowed to worship there.
Nonsense. It's you who needs to read factual - not religious - accounts of historical events. Power-hungry religious leaders in Europe attempted to conquer foreign land under the pretense of preventing Seljuk expansion into Anatolia. They hardly gave a damn about the wellbeing of pilgrims - harassing of the pilgrims had ended before the Crusades even begun as the leaders of Jerusalem realized the economic significance of pilgrimages. Your crusaders, upon conquering Jerusalem, decided to celebrate by randomly slaughtering and burning alive native Jews, Christians, and Muslims. Yeah, that's something to be condoned. :cuckoo:

Convenient, isn't it, how the historical inaccuracies you're fed by biased religious sources allow you to rationalize campaigns of blatant imperialism and egregious humanitarian crises?

History of the Jews and the Crusades - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Why shouldn't I worry about the fanatical muslims? They took town the WTC. What's more, many muslims were seen dancing in the street, not punishing or shunning those responsible, but actually glorifying them.
What BS. Even the Muslim Brotherhood condemned the 9/11 attacks.

Statements Against Terror

...along with ~93% of other Muslims.

AFP: Major survey challenges Western perceptions of Islam

Don't expect to hear about that on Fox News.

Not quite the way you think it went down, why do you think it went down the way you do? Who has put a revised version of history into your head? Weren't you here on 9/11/01? Didn't you see it for yourself?
Right back at you. You're living in a dream world where Christianity is good and pure and Islam is, for the most part, some demonic cult bent on destroying everything. Have you ever thought about why some Palestinians supposedly celebrated 9/11? In the real world, it's because fanaticism and hate go both ways.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HQZw5JTAE8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HQZw5JTAE8[/ame]

Forum List

Back