atheists will love this.....

Come to think about it--what difference would it make to me if this country was dominated by muslims or christians??

You both do the same thing. Just that one screams out "Jesus Christ" and "GOD" while the other yells "Muhammed" and "Allah"?

Okay, the difference between Christians and Muslims, when a Christian goes to war in Christ's name he is going AGAINST Christ's teachings. When a Muslim goes to war in Muhammeds name, he is following Muhammed's teachings. do you still think they are the same?
Why do you compare Christ and Mohammed? Mulsims consider both Christ and Mohammed to be prophets. Christians consider Christ to be God.

Are their parents muslims?
Of course. Aren't we talking about children of Muslim parents?

And they've adopted our culture? Really? Have they dated boys outside their faith?

Just do a google, honor killings are happening in the USA and increasing at an alarming rate.

The are as American as you and I. Two of my Muslim friends are married to each other and now have their own kids whom they have no intention of murdering should they grow up and have different values than their parents or grandparents. One is unmarried and dates whoever he is interested in. He could care less if the woman is Muslim or not. Another is married to a man who is not religious. Neither is she very religious though she has been interested in Sufism off and on. Another is married to an American woman of no particular religion that I know and they have a child. He has been atheist since high school. Another Muslim I know is married to an Americam woman who converted to Islam but you'd never know either was Muslim unless you asked them. They drink wine and eat pork and want gays to have the right to marry. All of my Muslim or formerly Muslim friends love their parents and are loved in return. Nobody's thinking of murdering anyone.

Last edited:

And they've adopted our culture? Really? Have they dated boys outside their faith?

Just do a google, honor killings are happening in the USA and increasing at an alarming rate.

Againsheila, what's with your Avatar?

Please tell me it's NOT the 6th floor window at the Texas School Book Depository

lol, it's not the 6th floor window at the Texas School Book Depository.

It's the 5th floor window. :D

Are their parents muslims?

Are Jews who won't date outside their faith un American?

Can you provide some facts to show that honor killings are increasing and are a religious act?

The are as American as you and I. Two of my Muslim friends are married to each other and have now have their own kids whom they have no intention of murdering should they grow up and have different values than thier parents or grandparents, one is unmarried and dates whoever he is interested in. He could care less if the woman is Muslim or not. Another is married to a man who is not religious. Neither is she very religious though she has been interested in Sufism off and on. Another is married to an American woman of no particular religion that I know and they have a child. He has been atheist since high school. Another Muslim I know is married to an Americam woman who converted to Islam but you'd never know either was Muslim unless you asked them. They drink wine and eat pork and want gays to have to right to marry. All of my Muslim or formerly Muslim friends love their parents and are loved in return. Nobody's thinking of murdering anyone.

I notice they're all "he" too. It's the women that are murdered in the "honor" killings. Like I said google it.

I do not believe ALL muslims act that way but enough of them do that it's a problem in our country and should not be tollerated.

Heck, one of MY friends bragged about the fact that he'd kill his sister if she dated anyone not approved of by his family. When she turns 18, they are taking her back to India to be married to THEIR choice for her husband.

The are as American as you and I. Two of my Muslim friends are married to each other and have now have their own kids whom they have no intention of murdering should they grow up and have different values than thier parents or grandparents, one is unmarried and dates whoever he is interested in. He could care less if the woman is Muslim or not. Another is married to a man who is not religious. Neither is she very religious though she has been interested in Sufism off and on. Another is married to an American woman of no particular religion that I know and they have a child. He has been atheist since high school. Another Muslim I know is married to an Americam woman who converted to Islam but you'd never know either was Muslim unless you asked them. They drink wine and eat pork and want gays to have to right to marry. All of my Muslim or formerly Muslim friends love their parents and are loved in return. Nobody's thinking of murdering anyone.

I notice they're all "he" too. It's the women that are murdered in the "honor" killings. Like I said google it.

I do not believe ALL muslims act that way but enough of them do that it's a problem in our country and should not be tollerated.

Heck, one of MY friends bragged about the fact that he'd kill his sister if she dated anyone not approved of by his family. When she turns 18, they are taking her back to India to be married to THEIR choice for her husband.

"he"? he what?

My Muslim friends are not all men. You didn't read my post. I think for some reason it would bother you to discover that the majority of Muslims are perfectly normal and non violent people just like most Christians, Jews, Hindus, Buddists, atheists and whatever else there is.

Two Hindus of different castes met and fell in love at my sister's workplace. They decided to marry but his mother threatened to kill herself if he married someone not of the same caste. After postponing the wedding for a year they are now going ahead with it because this is America after all.

"he"? he what?

My Muslim friends are not all men. You didn't read my post. I think for some reason it would bother you to discover that the majority of Muslims are perfectly normal and non violent people just like most Christians, Jews, Hindus, Buddists, atheists and whatever else there is.

You have two female muslims in your thread, one is married to a muslim the other isn't married at all.

Again, google "honor killings". I do not believe that ALL muslims act like that but I do believe that a majority of new muslim immigrants do. It's the new immigrants that aren't assimilating.

Can you provide some facts to show that honor killings are increasing and are a religious act?

I don't care who in heck anybody dates, but when a girl is murdered by her father for dating someone he doesn't approve of and he claims it's an honor killing, it's wrong. Like I said, google it yourself.

"he"? he what?

You have two female muslims in your thread, one is married to a muslim the other isn't married at all.

Again, google "honor killings". I do not believe that ALL muslims act like that but I do believe that a majority of new muslim immigrants do. It's the new immigrants that aren't assimilating.
Read again. I have three female Muslim friends. All three are married. Two to Muslims and one to man who is non religious. He is Iranian American like she is so he might be descended from Muslims.

I don't care who in heck anybody dates, but when a girl is murdered by her father for dating someone he doesn't approve of and he claims it's an honor killing, it's wrong. Like I said, google it yourself.
Google smoogle. You're the one who needs to back up her claims.

Oh please, it doen't matter what proof I provide, you will discount it. Google it for yourself, it's easy, go to google.com and type in "honor killings". Heck, even check the news for it. And do it often, the stories disappear quite frequently. No one wants us to know what's really happening in this country.

Thousands of Women Killed for Family "Honor"

Thousands of Women Killed for Family "Honor"Hillary Mayell
for National Geographic News

February 12, 2002

Hundreds, if not thousands, of women are murdered by their families each year in the name of family "honor." It's difficult to get precise numbers on the phenomenon of honor killing; the murders frequently go unreported, the perpetrators unpunished, and the concept of family honor justifies the act in the eyes of some societies

New Honor Killings Follow Same Old Template
April 30, 2009
by David J. Rusin
IslamistWatch.org

Though the February 12 beheading of Aasiya Hassan in upstate New York, allegedly at the hands of her husband, helped bring honor killings into the spotlight, it is just one of many to have taken place in the West during the past decade. Phyllis Chelser, in a seminal research paper published by the Middle East Quarterly, attempts to make sense of this trend by identifying characteristics that distinguish honor killings from ordinary domestic violence. In the former:

200904304598 | New Honor Killings Follow Same Old Template | / | Global Terrorism

A Muslim girl or young woman is the victim, usually killed by her father or brother.
Immoral behavior dishonoring the family is cited as motivation.
The murder is carefully planned, with the approval or even participation of the family.
The murder may be especially brutal.
The family does not shun the killer, who may paint himself as the "real victim."

Oh please, it doen't matter what proof I provide, you will discount it. Google it for yourself, it's easy, go to google.com and type in "honor killings". Heck, even check the news for it. And do it often, the stories disappear quite frequently. No one wants us to know what's really happening in this country.
You have still not answered my original question concerning why my Muslim friends have not been murdered by their parents. You threw out some nonsence that this is something that only new immagrants do but that makes no sense since Islam has been around for centuries and if honor killing is an Islamic practice as you claim, it would not be a new phenomenon. Also, the husband of the first Muslim couple I mentioned just became an American citizen this year, his parent became Canadian citizens about 5 years ago. He has not been murdered by them nor has his daughter. The grandmother covers her head but the granddaughter thinks that's stupid and doesn't.

February 12, 2002

Hundreds, if not thousands, of women are murdered by their families each year in the name of family "honor." It's difficult to get precise numbers on the phenomenon of honor killing; the murders frequently go unreported, the perpetrators unpunished, and the concept of family honor justifies the act in the eyes of some societies

April 30, 2009
by David J. Rusin
IslamistWatch.org

Though the February 12 beheading of Aasiya Hassan in upstate New York, allegedly at the hands of her husband, helped bring honor killings into the spotlight, it is just one of many to have taken place in the West during the past decade. Phyllis Chelser, in a seminal research paper published by the Middle East Quarterly, attempts to make sense of this trend by identifying characteristics that distinguish honor killings from ordinary domestic violence. In the former:

200904304598 | New Honor Killings Follow Same Old Template | / | Global Terrorism

A Muslim girl or young woman is the victim, usually killed by her father or brother.
The murder is carefully planned, with the approval or even participation of the family.
The family does not shun the killer, who may paint himself as the "real victim."

Are you aware that honor killing has been going on for centuries? In all cultures? Think of Sicily not to many decades ago.

What do you think about Hindus who set wives and daughers-in-law on fire?

Violence against women occurs in all cultures to people of all religions. You seem to think it is particular to Muslims. Why do you single out the religion as a cause of the violence? You've complained that people on this board say mean and untrue things about Christianity but here you are doing the same. Sorry to say this but one thing I've noticed about some Christians is that the concept of good versus evil is so drummed into their heads that they can't look at the world without dividing it up into the good people versus the bad people. It's as if they have to have something to point at and call evil. Notice I said SOME Christians. maybe it's not related to religious indoctrination at all but it's hard to tell.

February 12, 2002

April 30, 2009
by David J. Rusin
IslamistWatch.org

Are you aware that honor killing has been going on for centuries? In all cultures? Think of Sicily not to many decades ago.

Violence against women occurs in all cultures to people of all religions. You seem to think it is particular to Muslims. Why do you single out the religion as a cause of the violence? You've complained that people on this board say mean and untrue things about Christianity but here you are doing the same. Sorry to say this but one thing I've noticed about some Christians is that the concept of good versus evil is so drummed into their heads that they can't look at the world without dividing it up into the good people versus the bad people. It's as if they have to have something to point at and call evil. Notice I said SOME Christians. maybe it's not related to religious indoctrination at all but it's hard to tell.

The point is not muslims, it's recent immigrants not assimilating to OUR culture. WE do not kill women for shaming the family, that is not the American way. What is it about that you don't understand?

We are losing our culture to recent immigrants because we've let too many in, and we haven't kept up with them in birthrate. Soon our country won't be the one you grew up in, it already isn't the one I grew up in.

Okay, the difference between Christians and Muslims, when a Christian goes to war in Christ's name he is going AGAINST Christ's teachings. When a Muslim goes to war in Muhammeds name, he is following Muhammed's teachings. do you still think they are the same?

instead staying almost true the god's word as given in the torah/ot- to kill all the unbelievers and racially impure.. well, save the race part, because then they'd have to kill themselves in the name of god

that's right, I read the dmaned book0- I know what's in there

February 12, 2002

April 30, 2009
by David J. Rusin
IslamistWatch.org

The point is not muslims, it's recent immigrants not assimilating to OUR culture. WE do not kill women for shaming the family, that is not the American way. What is it about that you don't understand?

We are losing our culture to recent immigrants because we've let too many in, and we haven't kept up with them in birthrate. Soon our country won't be the one you grew up in, it already isn't the one I grew up in.
If this country were still the country I grew up in it would be a backwards country indeed. I don't know you want to see it stagnate. Are you descended from Pocahontas or something? If not I don't think you have much reason to gripe.

Forum List

Back