‘No one in the US should be retiring at 65’: Ben Shapiro said Social Security was not designed to provide retirement benefits for 20+ years

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Like it or not, he's right.
It obviously is a huge political football, but going forward this country will be forced to make adjustments to the age for full benefits.
Right now, I would change it from 67 to 69, and every three years going forward, I would increase it by one year until the age of 75. Then, reevaluate every two years and make adjustments if necessary.

‘No one in the US should be retiring at 65’: Ben Shapiro said Social Security was not designed to provide retirement benefits for 20+ years — and those who expect that are ‘crazy’​

Americans can start receiving their Social Security retirement benefit as early as age 62. But should they?

According to lawyer and political commentator Ben Shapiro on an episode of “The Ben Shapiro Show,” it’s “insane” that the U.S. hasn’t raised the official retirement age. “[President] Joe Biden has technically been eligible for Social Security and Medicare for 16 years, and he wants to continue in office until he is 86, which is 19 years past when you would be eligible for retirement,” Shapiro said.

It obviously is a huge political football, but going forward this country will be forced to make adjustments to the age for full benefits.
Right now, I would change it from 67 to 69, and every three years going forward, I would increase it by one year until the age of 75. Then, reevaluate every two years and make adjustments if necessary.

‘No one in the US should be retiring at 65’: Ben Shapiro said Social Security was not designed to provide retirement benefits for 20+ years — and those who expect that are ‘crazy’​

Ben is not right and he needs to be put in his place -- again.

The disingenuous little prick knew what he was doing, and tried to hide and cry foul.

They bumped Canadas retirement rate way up to 71.

I accept this as our life expectancy is far higher today than when this was first determined.

In the end though, unless Canada has a free economy and accountability for our Police State, none of this matters.

He is a fucking idiot and it is not his place to tell me when I should be retired.

If you want to work till you drop over dead, knock yourself out.

No. I have paid in, since 16 years old. I plan to live a long time and collect back all, I paid in and more if possible.

I would gradually phase in retirement from 67 up to 70
If you are 55 or above no change
Everyone else gets 6 months extra for every 5 years under 55

SS was not designed to provide for people who have not paid into it. There are far too many who have made little to no contributions that are drawing from the fund. Two members of my family paid into that fund. One for 30 years and the other for 35 years before their early deaths. Neither collected a dime.

Last edited:
America's government has the means to procure the funding necessary to keep paid retirement at 65.

Both political parties will be in favour of supporting retiring civilians and retired military

Obvious question is "For how many years was it designed to provide for?" :laughing0301:

The vapidity of Ben's dialogues with himself are limitless. Then of course he goes to insults. What a genius. He hypes his shows with comments containing accusations others are 'crazy' or something else designed to get Ben's show likes and views.

If the Bedenistas get their way and open social security and disability benefits to illegal aliens (are they doing it now?), American citizens can kiss away whatever meager federal money they expected in their advanced age.

No...he’s not correct.

They bumped Canadas retirement rate way up to 71.

I accept this as our life expectancy is far higher today than when this was first determined.

In the end though, unless Canada has a free economy and accountability for our Police State, none of this matters.
You had to enter the last sentence. Too bad. You could possibly and probably get people to listen to you if you could stop coming across as a loon. Oh wait!

never mind

But, it's a life "expectancy" thing. I began collecting at age 63. I'm turning 84 this month (not sure how long I "expected" to live when I began drawing). When SS began the average life expectancy was less than the full retirement age of the program. Today life expectancy exceeds it by nearly 15 years.

SS is self-funding. It was only folded into general revenues when the Trust Fund grew too large. As the Fund dwindles the program could again be independent from general revenues, then the crazy legislators could be freed from f-cking with it and the SS administrators could manage it as before.

Last edited:
I would gradually phase in retirement from 67 up to 70
If you are 55 or above no change
Everyone else gets 6 months extra for every 5 years under 55
Retirement has already been phased up.

Reform or retooling Social Security is not off the table for most people.

What is off the table is taking assholes like little Ben seriously. Let him go on making points, but adding personal insults. It's bad enough he acts as if speaking really fast makes him sound really intelligent and informed. But he has to be the insulting little bitchboi at every turn.

It has turned into by time and incidents into a long-time elder care insurance, yes.

SS was not designed to provide for people who have not paid into it. There are far too many who have made little to no contributions that are drawing from the fund. Two members of my family paid into that fund. One for 30 years and the other for 35 years before their early deaths. Neither collected a dime.
You may want to check the SS website that has a history of it's creation and more

Forum List

Back