Are you one of the 53%

everyone pays taxes, not every one owes federal income tax, because nearly the first 20k that you earn as a couple is not taxable income....it's not taxable for those earning only 20k and it is not taxable on your income if you earn $1,000.000 plus.

there are millions of people who fall in to this category that do NOT receive any gvt assistance such as welfare, food stamps, or medicaid....especially those without children like our seniors on a limited fixed income....or young couples just beginning with no children.

everyone working pays payroll taxes, and their surplus SS tax revenues have been used to the tune of $2.5 trillion, to mask what the gvt has spent in the budget on things INCOME taxes should have been funding.

Everyone that drives also pays federal gasoline taxes, and many in the non income tax group pay huge federal cigarette taxes....

in their states everyone pays a sales tax, most pay a state income, and many pay property taxes...all for their schools, police, firemen etc....

then there are the huge amount of taxes collected from the poor folk who play lottery and never win...

then you have federal and state fees on everything from here to kingdom come.

being JEALOUS of the people who don't earn enough to pay federal income taxes seems quite silly to me!

Has nothing to do with jealousy. it has to do with you asswipes telling us we don't pay "our fair share" we pay our share. let those who don't pay a share pay a share before they start bitching that others don't pay their fair share..

Well, if you are in the million plus crowd, you don't pay your fair share. That will be fixed.

So you're saying that the fact we now have 9% unemployment means that 9% of the workforce decided to lose their jobs?

Should we stop calling it the Great Recession and start calling it the Great Vacation, then? :tongue:

Wow, I guess you missed the "usually" part. 99 weeks of unemployment is quite a long time to receive that benefit. Under different leadership we probably wouldn't be at over 9% unemployment. :confused:

I think you are correct. Under leadership like that of 2001 to 2009, we would probably have 25% unemployment.

oooo! oooo! ...teacher....me first!

So tell us, what was the unemployment rate from 2001 to 2009?

Last edited:
everyone pays taxes, not every one owes federal income tax, because nearly the first 20k that you earn as a couple is not taxable income....it's not taxable for those earning only 20k and it is not taxable on your income if you earn $1,000.000 plus.

there are millions of people who fall in to this category that do NOT receive any gvt assistance such as welfare, food stamps, or medicaid....especially those without children like our seniors on a limited fixed income....or young couples just beginning with no children.

everyone working pays payroll taxes, and their surplus SS tax revenues have been used to the tune of $2.5 trillion, to mask what the gvt has spent in the budget on things INCOME taxes should have been funding.

Everyone that drives also pays federal gasoline taxes, and many in the non income tax group pay huge federal cigarette taxes....

in their states everyone pays a sales tax, most pay a state income, and many pay property taxes...all for their schools, police, firemen etc....

then there are the huge amount of taxes collected from the poor folk who play lottery and never win...

being JEALOUS of the people who don't earn enough to pay federal income taxes seems quite silly to me!

Soooo...the government has found a way to collect most of its revenue from the middle class, and will probably continue to do so until there is no middle class remaining.

Kind of sad, and a bit hypocritical for those big government middle class warriors.
the middle class is overburdened with their tax load, no question....and no one that i know of on the left is asking the middle class to pay even more....

the difference between the 'right' and 'left' from what i have read is the right wants the poorest to pay more federal taxes and the left wants the wealthiest to front the tax burden instead of the poorest among us....

Reality is....i doubt 2% of the people who are members here are the very wealthiest that the left wants to tax slightly more....

Really Really.

Do you think i want to cough up money and pay federal income tax when others dont?
I climb tax brackets, and thank God for the skills to pull that off. I definitely don't envy broke asses.

Works for me too.....and who said anything about envying broke asses?

What pisses me off is the whining about "fair share" Until they pay a share of FEDERAL taxes.... what part of the fair share are they paying?

Soooo...the government has found a way to collect most of its revenue from the middle class, and will probably continue to do so until there is no middle class remaining.

Kind of sad, and a bit hypocritical for those big government middle class warriors.
the middle class is overburdened with their tax load, no question....and no one that i know of on the left is asking the middle class to pay even more....

the difference between the 'right' and 'left' from what i have read is the right wants the poorest to pay more federal taxes and the left wants the wealthiest to front the tax burden instead of the poorest among us....

Reality is....i doubt 2% of the people who are members here are the very wealthiest that the left wants to tax slightly more....

I consider anything less then a million a year.... middle class.

MOST will not take a minimum wage job. Nor will they do anything that pays less or equal to a free check.

That six-to-one of job seekers to jobs does not make such distinctions. Even if people were willing to accept minimum-wage jobs when they used to draw down several times that much, 5/6 of job seekers would be unable to find work. That's just simple math.

Has nothing to do with jealousy. it has to do with you asswipes telling us we don't pay "our fair share" we pay our share. let those who don't pay a share pay a share before they start bitching that others don't pay their fair share..

What are you talking about? Do you make over $1 million per year? If not, you are not part of the group that is not paying their fair share. No one is asking you or anyone else who posts on this site to pay anymore in taxes. Do you think that kissing the ass of the rich somehow makes you one of them?? hahahaha.

If they are the working poor they are not being paid enough to live on for a job society deems neccessary. But you assholes would tax them in spite of that. At the same time, you are fine with letting someone that makes over a million a year pay taxes at a lesser rate than you would charge the working poor. Such a wonderful example of compassionate conservatism, it truly warms my heart.

And you envy all those people who show up 500 to a 1000 at a time to apply for one lousy paying job. You people are a shame to this nation.

that certainly depends on where ya live though...in NYC as example, or any major city, below a million would be middle class...

at the high end, it would be upper middle class....

In a place like where I live in Maine, a million bucks a year is super duper wealthy! :D

Right, you just proved the point that we are trying to make. The middle class is already paying more than their fair share. And it will continue to happen until we change the tax code to shift more of the load to millionaires. I'm sure you don't even realize it but you just agreed with what the Dems have been saying the entire time.

What are you talking about? Do you make over $1 million per year? If not, you are not part of the group that is not paying their fair share. No one is asking you or anyone else who posts on this site to pay anymore in taxes. Do you think that kissing the ass of the rich somehow makes you one of them?? hahahaha.

Lordy, the people that do this asskissing all have that certain odor about them, and the rich certainly don't want to be in their company. And the rest of us recognize that certain odor.

It is a question of numbers. There are not enough poor people or rich people for the government to increase revenues. There is only one place to go. Everything else is Kabuki politics when it comes to the issue of taxes.

It is a question of numbers. There are not enough poor people or rich people for the government to increase revenues. There is only one place to go. Everything else is Kabuki politics when it comes to the issue of taxes.
yes, you do have a good point Percy...unless our government has plans to reign in the long term spending BIG TIME....then no amount of future taxes will or even can, get us out of this mess.

that certainly depends on where ya live though...in NYC as example, or any major city, below a million would be middle class...

In a place like where I live in Maine, a million bucks a year is super duper wealthy! :D

Exactly. Where i live... a million a year puts you solid in the middle of the middle class. The problem i have is that they are starting the "tax the rich" and "paying your fair share" at 250K.

Right, you just proved the point that we are trying to make. The middle class is already paying more than their fair share. And it will continue to happen until we change the tax code to shift more of the load to millionaires. I'm sure you don't even realize it but you just agreed with what the Dems have been saying the entire time.

I am guessing you were a C+ student in 5th grade math.

Exactly. Where i live... a million a year puts you solid in the middle of the middle class. The problem i have is that they are starting the "tax the rich" and "paying your fair share" at 250K.

No they aren't. At least understand what you're even talking about.

i'm sorry, ng, but i seriously doubt you paid any federal income tax when you were a single mom with kids...?

you were given tax credits
and deductions for those kids on your income taxes that singles without children do NOT receive...especially since your hubby never paid up properly on his child support...

i'm not saying you were on welfare or food stamps, just that i doubt you owed any federal income taxes, unless you were earning an upper middle class income at your job during that time.

Do you do your own income taxes NG? or do you have them done?

I used to do them, when my kids were younger. EITC was nothing like it is now and you didn't get a refund for larger than your withholding. Yep, I'm old. :D

I made decent $ for the time period, I did pay Fed income taxes.

No they aren't. At least understand what you're even talking about.

I know what they are whining about .... the evil OMG 1%

Forum List

Back