Are you one of the 53%

Because the country is falling apart, and the top 1% has doubled their wealth under voodoo while everyone else suffer...duh.

There are only 220,000 Americans out of 310 MILLION that even make 1 million or more a year.

Raising their taxes wouldn't even put a scratch on the debt of this country.

But it would pay for the ENTIRE jobs bill. Isn't that what the right wants. Jobs and all legislation to be paid for?

And what do you suppose we do about the other 1.3 trillion dollars of the deficit? The last thing we need would be more spending, tax increases or not.

There are only 220,000 Americans out of 310 MILLION that even make 1 million or more a year.

But it would pay for the ENTIRE jobs bill. Isn't that what the right wants. Jobs and all legislation to be paid for?

And what do you suppose we do about the other 1.3 trillion dollars of the deficit? The last thing we need would be more spending, tax increases or not.

So are jobs important or not? You people need to pick what's important and stick with it. I promise that if we were discussing a deficit reduction bill, you would be asking...."but how many jobs does this bill create?"

But yes spending needs to be reduced to address the deficit. But this is about jobs which is just as if not more important to the country than reducing the deficit right now.

This thread is what YOU are whining about though. How sad that you don't even understand the policies that are being proposed but you know you don't like them.

So what do you do, instead of learning the actual facts, you try to skirt the issue and change the topic.

Like I said...uneducated sheep. Don't break from the flock, you might have to use your brain.

The topic was if we pay federal income tax. I said that i did. And was pissed off about that as many do NOT pay a cent.

I am also about "fair share". If you dont pay any federal income tax.... you are not only NOT paying a fair share... you are not paying ANY share at all.

What is so hard about that to understand?

The part where you tried to claim that the rich are being classified as 250k, which is not the case. We are talking about raising federal taxes on the rich, classified as making over $1mil per year, not 250k. I corrected yet you continue to avoid admitting you had incorrect information.

Again... keep up.

The topic was if we pay federal income tax. I said that i did. And was pissed off about that as many do NOT pay a cent.

I am also about "fair share". If you dont pay any federal income tax.... you are not only NOT paying a fair share... you are not paying ANY share at all.

What is so hard about that to understand?

The part where you tried to claim that the rich are being classified as 250k, which is not the case. We are talking about raising federal taxes on the rich, classified as making over $1mil per year, not 250k. I corrected yet you continue to avoid admitting you had incorrect information.

Again... keep up.

LOL. You lose. This thread and I'm guessing at life too.

Again... keep up.

LOL... sorry to disappoint you.

The important question is not how many of them there are but how much money they make in the aggregate. Let's see if we can answer that.

In 2009, those who made over a million a year gained 9.5% of the total income in the nation. The GDP for that year was about 14 trillion dollars. 9.5% of that is 1.33 trillion. A 25% surtax on this income would be $332.5 billion.

By itself, to be sure this would not close the deficit. But it is not true that it would not "put a scratch" on the debt.

Again... keep up.

LOL... sorry to disappoint you.

I'm not disappointed in the least bit. I would be if I had any hope that you were open minded and able to have an intelligent discussion, but I knew you weren't. You actually reinforced my prior thoughts about you, so I was anything but disappointed. I was actually spot on with my read of who you are. Uneducated sheep.

So are jobs important or not? You people need to pick what's important and stick with it. I promise that if we were discussing a deficit reduction bill, you would be asking...."but how many jobs does this bill create?"

But yes spending needs to be reduced to address the deficit. But this is about jobs which is just as if not more important to the country than reducing the deficit right now.

Jobs? And how do you suppose that Obamas latest job bill will do anything to spur significant job growth when his last one totally failed to do that.

Because the country is falling apart, and the top 1% has doubled their wealth under voodoo while everyone else suffer...duh.

Sure. Except after 30 years of Voodoo, the top 400 FAMILIES control 50% of the wealth. Lots of big secrets the Foxbots don't have a clue about......lol!

Last edited:
Really Really.

Do you think i want to cough up money and pay federal income tax when others dont?
I climb tax brackets, and thank God for the skills to pull that off. I definitely don't envy broke asses.

Works for me too.....and who said anything about envying broke asses?

What pisses me off is the whining about "fair share" Until they pay a share of FEDERAL taxes.... what part of the fair share are they paying?

I must have misunderstood. It seemed like you were upset that you weren't a low earner.

I understand they pay the hot air part of the fair share.

well, I knew a hell of a lot of people getting this earned income and getting 6K checks and paid nothing while we paid.

Jobs? And how do you suppose that Obamas latest job bill will do anything to spur significant job growth when his last one totally failed to do that.

False statement. The last stimulus bill was designed to create 2-3 million jobs when 10-12 million jobs were needed. It worked exactly as designed.

I consider anything less then a million a year.... middle class.
that certainly depends on where ya live though...in NYC as example, or any major city, below a million would be middle class...

at the high end, it would be upper middle class....

In a place like where I live in Maine, a million bucks a year is super duper wealthy! :D

Exactly. Where i live... a million a year puts you solid in the middle of the middle class. The problem i have is that they are starting the "tax the rich" and "paying your fair share" at 250K.

$1 million/year is not middle class . . . anywhere on this Earth.

Just idiotic.

False statement. The last stimulus bill was designed to create 2-3 million jobs when 10-12 million jobs were needed. It worked exactly as designed.

Show me proof that it created 2-3 million jobs then. Let's say it did create 2 to 3 millions jobs (which it did not). Do you realize that's nearly $350,000.00 per job? We could've just given welfare to ten times that many people for the same amount. What a joke. And we're expected to be sold on this garbage again?

Show me proof that it created 2-3 million jobs then.

Economists agree: Stimulus created nearly 3 million jobs - USATODAY.com

Let's say it did create 2 to 3 millions jobs (which it did not). Do you realize that's nearly $350,000.00 per job?

Yep. Don't blame me, I didn't design the fucker. If I had, it would have been both more efficient (more public works, less tax cuts) and several times bigger, and we wouldn't be in this mess. The very fact that it was designed to create 2-3 million jobs when we needed 10-12 million is an indictment all by itself.

Obama has been a real disappointment. Nevertheless, to say that the stimulus "didn't work at all" is counterfactual. It did. And to use its inadequacies (which I acknowledge) as an argument against the idea of government stimulus is not just illogical but economically illiterate, indeed almost economically brain-dead.

Are you someone who actually pays taxes so the other 47% can get government assistance for nothing??

I am.

ETA, I'm talking about Federal Withholding Taxes............just to make myself clear. Some have a problem u n d e r s t a n d i n g. (did I type that slow enough?)

I pay those taxes and I'm not crying about it.

Show me proof that it created 2-3 million jobs then. Let's say it did create 2 to 3 millions jobs (which it did not). Do you realize that's nearly $350,000.00 per job? We could've just given welfare to ten times that many people for the same amount. What a joke. And we're expected to be sold on this garbage again?

Total BS. 40% of the stimulus was tax cuts, and your off repeated big lie also doesn't take into account the value of the infrastructure created. More like 80k per job. Change the GD channel...

Are you someone who actually pays taxes so the other 47% can get government assistance for nothing??

I am.

ETA, I'm talking about Federal Withholding Taxes............just to make myself clear. Some have a problem u n d e r s t a n d i n g. (did I type that slow enough?)

Trade places with them then.

Should be easy right, being in such a massive tax haven called being poor.

you know... i have to hand it to the rightwingnuts. no matter what reality is, they manage to start a rightwingnut PR campaign.

but then again, what can you expect from the guy who edits "redstates", that loony bin.

53 percenter?? :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back