Are you one of the 53%

Soooo...the government has found a way to collect most of its revenue from the middle class, and will probably continue to do so until there is no middle class remaining.
Kind of sad, and a bit hypocritical for those big government middle class warriors.

Right, you just proved the point that we are trying to make. The middle class is already paying more than their fair share. And it will continue to happen until we change the tax code to shift more of the load to millionaires. I'm sure you don't even realize it but you just agreed with what the Dems have been saying the entire time.

I am guessing you were a C+ student in 5th grade math.

That's your response? Seriously? Insult me, fine, but at least show me where I messed up. If you can only insult because you have no logical response then that's just a shame. I'm sorry I had to point out that you agreed with a democratic policy. Heaven forbid.

I consider anything less then a million a year.... middle class.
that certainly depends on where ya live though...in NYC as example, or any major city, below a million would be middle class...

at the high end, it would be upper middle class....

In a place like where I live in Maine, a million bucks a year is super duper wealthy! :D

Exactly. Where i live... a million a year puts you solid in the middle of the middle class. The problem i have is that they are starting the "tax the rich" and "paying your fair share" at 250K.
the last i heard, they were talking about raising taxes slightly, on the income earned over a million bucks....not below it.

but if they are back to the 250k or more being taxed above that, then I am against that.....250k is not the wealthiest and is certainly middle class in most all areas of the country, ...it would be upper middle class here....

Exactly. Where i live... a million a year puts you solid in the middle of the middle class. The problem i have is that they are starting the "tax the rich" and "paying your fair share" at 250K.

No they aren't. At least understand what you're even talking about.

I know what they are whining about .... the evil OMG 1%

Do you?

So what does 250k earners have to do with the 1%?

EVERYBODY pays plenty of taxes and fees. The poorest pay as much as the richest. Brainwashed hater pub dupes....

Cool... then why all whining that want some to pay MORE of a fair share?

Last edited:
Do you?

So what does 250k earners have to do with the 1%?

keep up....

C'mon now. If you made a mistake and misunderstood what the issue was about then just say it. But that's just a weak cop-out response.

So I'll ask again what does people making 250k have to do with the upper 1%?

again... keep up. Its a convoluted issue... this "fair share" shit. THEY even don't know what they are whining about if you haven't heard.

i'm sorry, ng, but i seriously doubt you paid any federal income tax when you were a single mom with kids...?

you were given tax credits
and deductions for those kids on your income taxes that singles without children do NOT receive...especially since your hubby never paid up properly on his child support...

i'm not saying you were on welfare or food stamps, just that i doubt you owed any federal income taxes, unless you were earning an upper middle class income at your job during that time.

Do you do your own income taxes NG? or do you have them done?

I used to do them, when my kids were younger. EITC was nothing like it is now and you didn't get a refund for larger than your withholding. Yep, I'm old. :D

I made decent $ for the time period, I did pay Fed income taxes.
I'm older too! ;) and yeah, they didn't have all of the tax advantages that they have now, for having children...they had some, but not the extent that is out there today to help.

but ya see, it's possible that you did not pay any federal income taxes when all was said and done, even back then.

This does NOT mean that you took any gvt money, just that you did not owe any federal income tax monies....

there are many, part of that 47% that are in the same boat....they do not owe any federal income taxes to the gvt, but they have not and do not receive any govt monies to help them out.

keep up....

C'mon now. If you made a mistake and misunderstood what the issue was about then just say it. But that's just a weak cop-out response.

again... keep up. Its a convoluted issue... this "fair share" shit. THEY even don't know what they are whining about if you haven't heard.

This thread is what YOU are whining about though. How sad that you don't even understand the policies that are being proposed but you know you don't like them.

So what do you do, instead of learning the actual facts, you try to skirt the issue and change the topic.

Like I said...uneducated sheep. Don't break from the flock, you might have to use your brain.

keep up....

sure they know what issues they're raising. maybe you need to stop listening to mischaracterizations?

now the tea party loons and their "we're taking our government back" (from a lawful election) lunacy... that's paid for by the koch's... THAT'S WHINING.

This thread is what YOU are whining about though. How sad that you don't even understand the policies that are being proposed but you know you don't like them.

So what do you do, instead of learning the actual facts, you try to skirt the issue and change the topic.

Like I said...uneducated sheep. Don't break from the flock, you might have to use your brain.

The topic was if we pay federal income tax. I said that i did. And was pissed off about that as many do NOT pay a cent.

I am also about "fair share". If you dont pay any federal income tax.... you are not only NOT paying a fair share... you are not paying ANY share at all.

What is so hard about that to understand?

I heard that you could tax people that make more than a million at a rate of something like 70% and you still wouldn't nearly have enough money funds to close the federal deficit. How the liberals can look at this as a revenue problem and not a spending problem is beyond me...

The topic was if we pay federal income tax. I said that i did. And was pissed off about that as many do NOT pay a cent.

I am also about "fair share". If you dont pay any federal income tax.... you are not only NOT paying a fair share... you are not paying ANY share at all.

What is so hard about that to understand?

The part where you tried to claim that the rich are being classified as 250k, which is not the case. We are talking about raising federal taxes on the rich, classified as making over $1mil per year, not 250k. I corrected yet you continue to avoid admitting you had incorrect information.

Last edited:

Because the country is falling apart, and the top 1% has doubled their wealth under voodoo while everyone else suffer...duh.

There are only 220,000 Americans out of 310 MILLION that even make 1 million or more a year.

Raising their taxes wouldn't even put a scratch on the debt of this country.

But it would pay for the ENTIRE jobs bill. Isn't that what the right wants. Jobs and all legislation to be paid for?

I consider anything less then a million a year.... middle class.
that certainly depends on where ya live though...in NYC as example, or any major city, below a million would be middle class...

at the high end, it would be upper middle class....

In a place like where I live in Maine, a million bucks a year is super duper wealthy! :D

A quick Google search dug up median household income of slightly less than $50k, and 0.3% of the population earning more than $1MM a year, or roughly 930,000 Americans. Even if you are living in the Greenwich, that is not middle class.

Forum List

Back