Are you one of the 53%

I love all the envy of the poor. If the lower middle class and poor have it so damn good, there is nothing stopping you from leaving your jobs and collecting all those amazing government benefits all day. Live the good life on the government dime!

Nothing like a pack of uneducated sheep all boasting about how they are jealous of the unemployed and poor.

Sucks when the tables are turned isnt it?

What does that even mean?

Unemployed and poor is usually a choice

So you're saying that the fact we now have 9% unemployment means that 9% of the workforce decided to lose their jobs?

Should we stop calling it the Great Recession and start calling it the Great Vacation, then? :tongue:

Up to 99 Weeks of unemployment certainly isn't helping bring that rate down. I know numerous individuals personally who are on unemployment who feel no sense of urgency to look for a job because of the virtually endless unemployment benefits.

everyone pays taxes, not every one owes federal income tax, because nearly the first 20k that you earn as a couple is not taxable income....it's not taxable for those earning only 20k and it is not taxable on your income if you earn $1,000.000 plus.

there are millions of people who fall in to this category that do NOT receive any gvt assistance such as welfare, food stamps, or medicaid....especially those without children like our seniors on a limited fixed income....or young couples just beginning with no children.

everyone working pays payroll taxes, and their surplus SS tax revenues have been used to the tune of $2.5 trillion, to mask what the gvt has spent in the budget on things INCOME taxes should have been funding.

Everyone that drives also pays federal gasoline taxes, and many in the non income tax group pay huge federal cigarette taxes....

in their states everyone pays a sales tax, most pay a state income, and many pay property taxes...all for their schools, police, firemen etc....

then there are the huge amount of taxes collected from the poor folk who play lottery and never win...

then you have federal and state fees on everything from here to kingdom come.

being JEALOUS of the people who don't earn enough to pay federal income taxes seems quite silly to me!

So you're saying that the fact we now have 9% unemployment means that 9% of the workforce decided to lose their jobs?

Should we stop calling it the Great Recession and start calling it the Great Vacation, then? :tongue:

Wow, I guess you missed the "usually" part. 99 weeks of unemployment is quite a long time to receive that benefit. Under different leadership we probably wouldn't be at over 9% unemployment. :confused:

I love all the envy of the poor. If the lower middle class and poor have it so damn good, there is nothing stopping you from leaving your jobs and collecting all those amazing government benefits all day. Live the good life on the government dime!

Nothing like a pack of uneducated sheep all boasting about how they are jealous of the unemployed and poor.

Sucks when the tables are turned isnt it?

What does that even mean?

Nothing like a pack of uneducated sheep all boasting about how they are jealous of the rich.

It's sad when Republicans refer to half of America as "debris". They actually believe one out of two Americans just "live it up" from government money. Sad.

No you're the sad one rdean, I was a single mom with two kids and an ex that paid child support when he felt like it. When his support check bounced for the second time, I told him he needed to send a money order or cash instead. He Federal Expressed me $75.00 in pennies, his support for two weeks, and put a note in there. It read, "here's your cash". He thought it was funny, but I never, ever received government assistance, not one time in my life have I even drawn unemployment. Yes, I'm proud to be and have always been one of the 53%. I didn't live it up, but I paid my bills and my taxes!!

Where did I hear this story before?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTwpBLzxe4U]Craig T. Nelson on Government Aid - YouTube[/ame]

Wow, I guess you missed the "usually" part. 99 weeks of unemployment is quite a long time to receive that benefit. Under different leadership we probably wouldn't be at over 9% unemployment. :confused:

So you're saying that people are choosing to remain on meager unemployment benefits rather than getting a job that would pay better? Do you understand that job seekers now outnumber job openings by six to one?

U.S. Job Seekers Exceed Openings by Record Ratio - NYTimes.com

everyone pays taxes, not every one owes federal income tax, because nearly the first 20k that you earn as a couple is not taxable income....it's not taxable for those earning only 20k and it is not taxable on your income if you earn $1,000.000 plus.

there are millions of people who fall in to this category that do NOT receive any gvt assistance such as welfare, food stamps, or medicaid....especially those without children like our seniors on a limited fixed income....or young couples just beginning with no children.

everyone working pays payroll taxes, and their surplus SS tax revenues have been used to the tune of $2.5 trillion, to mask what the gvt has spent in the budget on things INCOME taxes should have been funding.

Everyone that drives also pays federal gasoline taxes, and many in the non income tax group pay huge federal cigarette taxes....

Driving and gasoline are a choice.

in their states everyone pays a sales tax, most pay a state income, and many pay property taxes...all for their schools, police, firemen etc....

It is a choice to own property

then there are the huge amount of taxes collected from the poor folk who play lottery and never win...

Their choice to gamble with money they cant afford to gamble.

being JEALOUS of the people who don't earn enough to pay federal income taxes seems quite silly to me!

I dont think its a jealousy thing... its more of a fair share thing.

47% pay no federal income tax but something like 9% pay no federal tax.

The distribution of total tax rates paid - all taxes, not just federal income tax - relative to income between the top and bottom quintiles isn't as wide as most might think.

So you're saying that people are choosing to remain on meager unemployment benefits rather than getting a job that would pay better? Do you understand that job seekers now outnumber job openings by six to one?

U.S. Job Seekers Exceed Openings by Record Ratio - NYTimes.com

for SOME... yes.

MOST will not take a minimum wage job. Nor will they do anything that pays less or equal to a free check.

Has nothing to do with jealousy. it has to do with you asswipes telling us we don't pay "our fair share" we pay our share. let those who don't pay a share pay a share before they start bitching that others don't pay their fair share..

Unemployed and poor is usually a choice, it's not supposed to be a way of life. I'll help anyone that helps themselves, but when the government tells me I have to and I have to more and more, I have a problem with that.

So who really are the uneducated sheep??

LOL, unemployed is a choice? Poor is a choice? Tell me why someone would CHOOSE to be unemployed or poor.

Use realistic examples and scenarios.

i'm sorry, ng, but i seriously doubt you paid any federal income tax when you were a single mom with kids...?

you were given tax credits
and deductions for those kids on your income taxes that singles without children do NOT receive...especially since your hubby never paid up properly on his child support...

i'm not saying you were on welfare or food stamps, just that i doubt you owed any federal income taxes, unless you were earning an upper middle class income at your job during that time.

Do you do your own income taxes NG? or do you have them done?

Soooo...the government has found a way to collect most of its revenue from the middle class, and will probably continue to do so until there is no middle class remaining.

Kind of sad, and a bit hypocritical for those big government middle class warriors.

I think you are correct. Under leadership like that of 2001 to 2009, we would probably have 25% unemployment.

Forum List

Back